Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/07/2021 12:47 pm  #11

Re: AltCAA Legacy Project

The year is 2000 AD. The University of California, Orange football program is in desperate need of a revitalizer. The team has not been anything better than just okay for decades. The program is in danger of losing it’s flagship status to the basketball program. They need something to freshen things up. They need something to reinvigorate the fanbase. They need something to get their wins up.

What they need…is Mike Bellotti.
UC Orange Packers=Oregon Ducks

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

11/07/2021 12:53 pm  #12

(pick acquired via trade with Wisconsin State)

Under the directed success of Dennis Franchione, and more importantly Gary Patterson, Denton State revitalized its national athletic image. Denton State will be selecting TCU

Last edited by H-Town1141 (11/07/2021 12:57 pm)

I  l I K E  t H I S

11/07/2021 1:08 pm  #13

Gritty wrote:

mf aint wrote:

Arizona College will be selecting Louisiana State University
And if anyone still needs helps with logos, message me and I can probably chip in!

If you have a second, want to whip up a Super West Conference logo? 

I’d be happy to give it a shot!

11/07/2021 6:09 pm  #14

CubsOrSox10 wrote:

I think that pings you! Please pick!

I  l I K E  t H I S

11/07/2021 6:25 pm  #15

The UFO Aliens select the Florida Gators.

11/07/2021 6:37 pm  #16

With the 9th pick in the draft... wait, I'm not even sure what pick it is... is this even a draft?

Ok, in this exercise... gawd wait, I hate exercise... Well, the Lone Star Panthers select UAB... wait a minute. Fire that gawddamn intern. Who hired that knucklehead? Oh wait... that's me. IRENE, WHERE ARE YOU?

Irene, calmly: The Lone Star Panthers keep it in-state and select the University of Texas Longhorns. See, wasn't that easy?

*click*

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

11/07/2021 6:40 pm  #17

The Southern Colorado Stegos football program has been on the rise in the last 25 years, working their way up the college football ladder to become a incredibly solid program as of today. Their real-life analogue will be the UNIVERSITY OF UTAH.

Founder of the EFL and the AFL

11/07/2021 8:38 pm  #18

UWNY picks the Michigan Wolverines.

[/url][url=https://ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=190]
www.yorkland.tk <--- Official home of the fictional country of Yorkland

11/07/2021 9:25 pm  #19

Like I said I have a weird set of college football allegiances. In pro sports it's easy I am what we call in Philadelphia a 4 for 4 fan. For college I went to Villanova (basketball school) even though we have a pretty good FCS program (hello Brian Westbrook and Howie Long!) I even got to broadcast our National Championship game back against Montana. 

With that said, I have a few teams from the Big Ten that I have always loved. And although it is against my fan beliefs to root for multiple teams in CFB I can't help it. My longest love was Michigan. Loved their helmets when I was 4 years old and my dad was watching a game. Ever since then I've liked the Wolverines. Charles Woodson is one of my favorite all time players. I even liked Tom Brady (at the time) as well. 

But next to Michigan, my favorite college football team was always going to be my #1 Legacy choice. It's my family's team. One whole side of my family went there. And I am a sports traditionalist and I love the Big Ten style of play. Tough D and a bruising running attack. 

Therefore, the Commonwealth will be playing a Wisconsin Badger style of football during the Legacy Project. On Wisconsin! 

11/07/2021 10:01 pm  #20

The Wisconsin Institute of Technology (WIT or WI-Tech) is a school which comes from humble beginnings, but has always had a contender of an athletics program which exploded into the national spotlight at just the right time...as such, the Seagulls' real-life analogue will be a school which emerged from tragedy, built back better and rejoined Division I-A/FBS in the mid-'90s, producing a crop of players who would shape the game for the turn of the millennium.

In other words, WI-Tech Are Marshall.  Go Herd!

Board footera