Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/05/2021 3:02 pm  #41

Re: It's College Game Day!

QCS wrote:

TheSquirrel wrote:

Don’t worry, I will change it but if I change the team name, colours and everything but the name of the university, would I have to resubmit my suggestion on the form and when does logo designing start.

There's no need to resubmit the form, simply Private Message Gritty with your updated school mascot and colors. As for logos, we've already started designing logos, there's no deadline yet but the sooner you can get your (American) football uniforms in the better. Looking forward to seeing your designs!

What sites do you use to design the logos and uniforms as I never have before.

10/05/2021 3:05 pm  #42

TheSquirrel wrote:

QCS wrote:

TheSquirrel wrote:

Don’t worry, I will change it but if I change the team name, colours and everything but the name of the university, would I have to resubmit my suggestion on the form and when does logo designing start.

There's no need to resubmit the form, simply Private Message Gritty with your updated school mascot and colors. As for logos, we've already started designing logos, there's no deadline yet but the sooner you can get your (American) football uniforms in the better. Looking forward to seeing your designs!

Most of us use various design programs and such, and if you've never designed before, many people here can and would be able to help.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

10/05/2021 3:17 pm  #43

Dan O'Mac wrote:

TheSquirrel wrote:

QCS wrote:

Most of us use various design programs and such, and if you've never designed before, many people here can and would be able to help.

What sites and what things would people help with.

10/05/2021 3:18 pm  #44

I’ve messaged Gritty to request my team name changed.

10/05/2021 3:27 pm  #45

TheSquirrel wrote:

So, I and several others here use Adobe Illustrator, which requires a subscription. Several others here, such as IDM, DireBear, and Dan O'Mac, use free vector programs such as Gravit Designer or Inkscape. Gravit is browser-based, so you can do it right in your browser, but offers an application version. Inkscape is also an application. 

I recommend using vector programs because vector images can be scaled to any size and not lose quality, while using paint-like apps will cause your logos to become pixelated at small and large sizes. 

Another tip, just a bit of board etiquette - there's no need to double post, you can edit your message by selecting the Edit button and changing your message. Best of luck with your design journey!

10/05/2021 3:29 pm  #46

TheSquirrel wrote:

Dan O'Mac wrote:

TheSquirrel wrote:

I know I use a web app through Gravit. Others use Illustrator, Photoshop, etc. to create their logos. There are people that can help create logos and marks for your school if you know what you're looking for. In the grand scheme of things, we all just want these leagues to look good, and are willing to help if you haven't designed before.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

10/05/2021 3:55 pm  #47

Stickman wrote:

Man, I can't believe we already have 5 green and blue teams, (including mine), really thought that'd be a much less common color combo.  I wouldn't mind working out a change to my team.... I'll probably be submitting that change soon once I think of it.

(EDIT: I've decided to email Gritty with a Kelly Green, Yellow, and White scheme to replace my current Kelly Green and Navy Blue look if anyone is looking for color combos to avoid.   And yes I'm aware there is one other green and yellow team, but their color scheme is much darker than mine, so it's still going to be pretty different).

This is a good move. Dire changed his colors to a forest green and purple/gold combo so I think we'll be able to spread out this over usage of green and blue a bit.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

10/05/2021 4:17 pm  #48

TheSquirrel wrote:

Dan O'Mac wrote:

TheSquirrel wrote:

And another thing, if you need any extra help, you’ll be more than welcome to join the AHSylum discord. We don’t just talk in absolute nonsensical chaos, we’re also more than willing to help give you some tips and tricks on using these types of software.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

10/05/2021 8:09 pm  #49

If anybody needs wants some help with designing their logos/jerseys send me a PM. I've got some free time for the next little bit so I can help out.

[/url][url=https://ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=190]
www.yorkland.tk <--- Official home of the fictional country of Yorkland

10/08/2021 1:14 pm  #50

When are reveals going to start getting released?

Board footera