Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/29/2021 4:06 pm  #1

The AltFL Season 2021

Welcome to a new season of the AltFL! 

Now don't get too excited, nothing is happening today. But they will soon! With the excitement of the real NFL draft I was getting excited for another AltFL season and had to post something. 

This weekend the NFL will be drafting their rookies and soon we will be too. In a couple of weeks we will hold our 2-round rookie draft. This means that what happens this weekend will play a significant role into how our draft will turn out....so pay attention! 

The order has been determined by the order of finish from the previous season. The playoff teams were ordered based off of when they finished. The second round will snake back the other direction.  Since our draft is only two rounds and we are a league that features every position (except the O-Line) there are value picks everywhere! 

For example, Justin Jefferson went 18th overall to Boston. Jalen Hurts went 35th overall to Utah. The Reapers selected Chase Claypool 40th, Minnesota selected Antoine Winfield Jr. at 28th. Even the Mallards selection of Jordan Love is looking pretty good after today. 

The Fantasy Draft will be a lottery like last season. That draft will be held as close to the start of the season as possible. 

We will submit our keepers at the beginning of the summer. I will remind everyone of the rules as we get closer. We do this after the rookie draft so you can see the full landscape of your team as you build for next season. 

On May 12 we will be releasing the 2021 AltFL Schedule (same day that the NFL releases theirs). 

So get excited, put on your AltFL jerseys and enjoy the draft this weekend. 

4/29/2021 4:10 pm  #2

Re: The AltFL Season 2021

WhAt AbOuT tHe ScOrPiOnS?

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

4/29/2021 4:26 pm  #3

Sevsdast wrote:

WhAt AbOuT tHe ScOrPiOnS?

Be patient, I am interested in coming back.

4/29/2021 4:40 pm  #4

As we have to address every single time, we look favorably on patience and trust that we know what we're doing. We will be addressing the Scorpions soon and in time for these offseason items. Enjoy the draft! 

4/29/2021 4:49 pm  #5

Gritty wrote:

Welcome to a new season of the AltFL! 

Now don't get too excited, nothing is happening today. But they will soon! With the excitement of the real NFL draft I was getting excited for another AltFL season and had to post something. 

This weekend the NFL will be drafting their rookies and soon we will be too. In a couple of weeks we will hold our 2-round rookie draft. This means that what happens this weekend will play a significant role into how our draft will turn out....so pay attention! 

The order has been determined by the order of finish from the previous season. The playoff teams were ordered based off of when they finished. The second round will snake back the other direction.  Since our draft is only two rounds and we are a league that features every position (except the O-Line) there are value picks everywhere! 

For example, Justin Jefferson went 18th overall to Boston. Jalen Hurts went 35th overall to Utah. The Reapers selected Chase Claypool 40th, Minnesota selected Antoine Winfield Jr. at 28th. Even the Mallards selection of Jordan Love is looking pretty good after today. 

The Fantasy Draft will be a lottery like last season. That draft will be held as close to the start of the season as possible. 

We will submit our keepers at the beginning of the summer. I will remind everyone of the rules as we get closer. We do this after the rookie draft so you can see the full landscape of your team as you build for next season. 

On May 12 we will be releasing the 2021 AltFL Schedule (same day that the NFL releases theirs). 

So get excited, put on your AltFL jerseys and enjoy the draft this weekend. 

This is gonna be fun!! I’m ready to reconvene!!

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

4/29/2021 5:19 pm  #6

I'm super stoked! The Grizzlies have a tough playoff loss to avenge.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

4/29/2021 10:41 pm  #7

I am STOKED for this...the Mallards are ready to defend their Central Division title and make a serious run at the AltBowl!

5/10/2021 11:18 am  #8

Coming this Wednesday! 

We are going to wait until after the AltHL Expansion process before we do the AltFL Rookie Draft and Keepers after that. So please be patient. But the schedule has been made and will be released on Wednesday. Get excited! 

5/10/2021 11:44 am  #9

With an extra week in the NFL regular season, I'm excited to see how that will affect our AltFL schedule.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

5/12/2021 10:18 am  #10

Welcome to the 2021 AltFL Season! 

Today we will be slowly revealing the schedule for the 2021 AltFL Season. It is strange to talk about football in May but the sun never sets on the AltFL. By the end of the day you will be able to put together your full team schedules. I look forward to seeing the uniform combos if you choose to make them. 

Before we get started I wanted to recap the formula that makes up the schedule. 

-Weeks 1 and 2 are against division rivals.
-Weeks 3, 4 and 5 are against set opponents from another division. This year the North plays the South and the Central plays the West. 
-Weeks 6 and 8 are against teams from the two remaining divisions. The teams are based off of the standings from the previous season. If a team finished 3rd, they will play the 3rd place teams from the two remaining divisions. This is the similar style to the NFL's schedule.
-Weeks 9, 10, and 11 are against the remaining teams from the other division. and
-Weeks 12 and 13 are against the rest of our division rivals.
-Week 14 is rivalry. This is the final opponent from our division. 

-But what about week 7???

This year, the NFL has added a 17th regular season game. This gives us the opportunity to extend our schedule as well. I didn't want to mess up the formula for the league SO we are going to have some fun in determining the last game of the regular season. Last year, with 13 games half of the teams had more home games than the other half. So this year we are going to go to our Alt Universe Wheel of Fate to determine the last opponent. On one list will be the teams that currently have 7 home games. On the wheel will be the rest of the league. We will match them up. Since it is random it keeps it fair. I will try my best to make sure that no one plays a team twice. 

We will reveal the WHEEL GAMES at the end of the day today. At that point, there will be a poll. It will be your job to rate each of the matchups. The most popular matchup will get the primetime game. 

-Primetime Games

Since we ended up being pretty loose with the uni combos last year I decided that we are going to go with one primetime game a week. This will make that honor more special for everyone. Every team has at least one primetime games. A few teams will get multiple games because that is just the nature of the beast.  

I'll make a number of posts today. But to get things started let's get to Weeks 1 and 2. I anticipate there being a few kinks in this schedule. If you notice anything strange please PM and I'll make the necessary adjustments. 

Board footera