Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/30/2021 11:08 pm  #31

Re: The Story of Gridby

1926 Grand Final
July 10, 1926
Shibe Park
Philadelphia, PA

Gridby Club of New York 30
Philadelphia Spirits 10

The Spirits' second half collapse culminated in their ultimate failure to defend their home turf for the inaugural grand final.

The newly crowned champion GCNY would officially adopt "Marvels" as their nickname for 1927. The moniker had been given to the team by a New York Times sportswriter who deified team captain and player/coach Moe Bancroft as a "modern athletic marvel."

1/30/2021 11:28 pm  #32

Marvels is definitely, an interesting nickname. Let's see if Marvel Comics gets involved with the team later on. 

1/31/2021 12:40 am  #33

Rugrat wrote:

Marvels is definitely, an interesting nickname. Let's see if Marvel Comics gets involved with the team later on. 

To be fair, Shazam was the original Captain Marvel while the company we know today as Marvel was once Timely, then Atlas.

2/01/2021 8:37 pm  #34

Hopefully the Dodgers can stay in town so the Steeplechasers can too.

Owner of the Texas Jackalopes 
2008-2009 AltBA Champions

2/06/2021 10:17 pm  #35

For 1927, the Spirits make cosmetic changes to its jersey.

Old

New

2/07/2021 12:15 pm  #36

oH man. Despite me always liking the idea of a Boston Unicorns sports team. Those Keystone numbered Spirits makes this a tough choice for me to choose favorites... Guess I'll just have to wait and see who I decide to cheer for. Its interesting how you decided to follow the paths of the MLB (and assumingly the NFL once thats around) 

Runs the highly unsuccessful PSC project featuring the Premier Soccer League and National Baseball Federation

2/10/2021 7:05 pm  #37

The St. Louis Browns have also made cosmetic changes to their look for 1927.

Old

New

9/28/2021 9:57 pm  #38

I'm the only person who think that this sport could be great in real life?

Board footera