Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/26/2020 11:46 am  #31

Re: The AltHL Season 2020

I may have gotten lucky with my relative success in the AltFL, but with my knowledge of hockey being close to zero I can assure you that I will not be much of a threat in the AltHL. Excited for the draft anyway!

11/26/2020 2:14 pm  #32

3pointtally wrote:

Hey Gritty,

I assume we will be using fantrax for this also?

Yep. Go through your email. The league is already set up and I sent out the invites a while ago. Let me know if you need me to resend the invite. 

11/26/2020 9:38 pm  #33

My school’s football team may or may not have a postseason game then so I’ll see. I think I’ll be good though.

11/29/2020 12:58 pm  #34

Hi Everyone, 

I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving. And a belated Thanksgiving to our Canadian friends. As promised I wanted to post the draft order in preparation for the draft. Due to the holidays I haven't had a chance to put together the video of the lottery. There is a video of it but I need to put it together. But for now, here is the list. Remember - those at the bottom of the draft keep in mind that it helps to be there in a big draft. 

I will be sending out the invite to everyone again just in case you didn't get it the first time around. 

If you have any questions. Please let me know. I am excited for another draft with all of you. I am interested to see who becomes the Nathan Peterman of the AltHL. 

11/29/2020 1:06 pm  #35

I'll take 8th! Being near the middle should get me some solid players.

11/29/2020 1:45 pm  #36

QCS wrote:

I'll take 8th! Being near the middle should get me some solid players.

If you know who the solid players are.

Not too happy with 3rd, but it beats being 2nd.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

11/29/2020 2:46 pm  #37

JHA Draft Lottery History
AltHL Owner Draft: 17/18
AltFL Owner Draft: 23/24
AltFL Player Draft: 13/24
AltHL Player Draft: 18/18

Just food for thought.

11/29/2020 4:52 pm  #38

I thought we were picking reverse order of how we picked our franchises? Am I going crazy?

11/29/2020 5:57 pm  #39

@scratch
That's how we did it for the AltFL rookie draft. We did a second lottery for both of the fantasy drafts. 

@Jam
I think the bottom of the first round, top of the second isn't a bad thing at all. But i see what you're saying. Unfortunately I wasn't keeping track of historical lotteries - just let the wheel decide. Maybe the AltBA / AltLB will be kinder to you eventually. 

11/29/2020 6:48 pm  #40

Gritty wrote:

@scratch
That's how we did it for the AltFL rookie draft. We did a second lottery for both of the fantasy drafts. 

@Jam
I think the bottom of the first round, top of the second isn't a bad thing at all. But i see what you're saying. Unfortunately I wasn't keeping track of historical lotteries - just let the wheel decide. Maybe the AltBA / AltLB will be kinder to you eventually. 

Oh? That is exciting! The AltFL was a success, so maybe time to expand our sports list?

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

Board footera