Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/05/2020 11:09 am  #11

Re: Term 1 - Group 2

Maybe what if instead of the Teddy Bear imagery (Which Teddy actually disliked) we go with the other animal he was associated with, the Bull Moose.

9/05/2020 11:32 am  #12

Darknes wrote:

Maybe what if instead of the Teddy Bear imagery (Which Teddy actually disliked) we go with the other animal he was associated with, the Bull Moose.

I like that idea! I'm currently working on a baseball jersey using the monogram I made, I figured with TR being a New York icon it would be fitting to emulate the Yankees on the jerseys. 

9/05/2020 11:42 am  #13

Football is a must, Roosevelt helped save the Harvard-Yale Game. Teddy had a love for the "Combative" Sports as it were. Baseball was interesting given at the time, the then Washington Senators courted Teddy hard but he never went to the games or even participated due to his bad eyesight, so I think we should do Baseball for Ironic reasons personally.

9/05/2020 11:51 am  #14

Darknes wrote:

Football is a must, Roosevelt helped save the Harvard-Yale Game. Teddy had a love for the "Combative" Sports as it were. Baseball was interesting given at the time, the then Washington Senators courted Teddy hard but he never went to the games or even participated due to his bad eyesight, so I think we should do Baseball for Ironic reasons personally.

Agreed, football and baseball are two sports we should do for sure. As for the other two, my choices would be lacrosse and hockey: lacrosse because TRU would be a New England preppy-style school, so it's perfect for the type of people that would play lacrosse. I think hockey because it's in the north, and as a "combative" sport like football is, it would fit with TR's attitude.

9/05/2020 12:11 pm  #15

I'll second the bull moose and sports ideas. I just got an idea about a bull moose logo with TR's iconic mustache, monocle, and maybe wearing his rough rider hat as well. I'll see what I can do with that, as I'm not that good with drawing animal logos.

I also have a soccer template that I can send your way QCS if you'd like

Founder of the EFL and the AFL

9/05/2020 12:20 pm  #16

Hey I’m not sure if I’m allowed to do this, but I think if you wanted to improve your logos a bit, putting some more complex shapes into your secondary, and finding a university you could replicate more and take some inspiration from would go a long way. I think something like George Washington, SFA, or Robert Morris could serve as some really good starting points for this design.
As for some C&C for what you have. The interlocking letter work but aren’t quite right. Making each letter bigger, closer, and fixing some of the outlines up would really improve the look. If you want a three letter style version of that logo, look at SFA and UCF, both of those show what I’m kinda talking about. Preferably I’d drop the secondary which is really weak at the moment. I’m not sure what your nickname is but I’d focus on having something related to the nickname rather than the president since you already have a basic interlocking letters logo. I’d also play with your colors. Grey and cream don’t really work the best with each other, and I think focusing on the orange and grey would be a better idea. Maybe even swapping orange for red.
Overall though I think this has some really great potential and I’d thought I’d just give some tips from what I’m seeing so far. If I’m in the wrong let me know.

9/05/2020 12:29 pm  #17

QCS wrote:

Darknes wrote:

Agreed, football and baseball are two sports we should do for sure. As for the other two, my choices would be lacrosse and hockey: lacrosse because TRU would be a New England preppy-style school, so it's perfect for the type of people that would play lacrosse. I think hockey because it's in the north, and as a "combative" sport like football is, it would fit with TR's attitude.

I would be down with choosing lacrosse, because of the reasons you gave about it being a New England, preppy school. Also, for future groups (so anyone) could start up a site version of the Ivy League with other schools down the line. Also, I was on the fence between basketball and hockey, but with the reasons you gave, I'm down for hockey.

Other than that, that's a nice monogram for the school and I'm also down for using the Bull Moose as the secondary. We also could use the bear paw as the tertiary logo (if we wanted to go that far).

Also, something that I thought of just for thought with one of the names we were discussing, if this school makes any type of cinderella run in any sport, we can use the earlier nickname we discussed: The Busters 

9/05/2020 1:21 pm  #18

DireBear wrote:

I'll second the bull moose and sports ideas. I just got an idea about a bull moose logo with TR's iconic mustache, monocle, and maybe wearing his rough rider hat as well. I'll see what I can do with that, as I'm not that good with drawing animal logos.

I also have a soccer template that I can send your way QCS if you'd like

I'd love to see your take on it! I'm not as good with animal logos, so I'm all for you doing that. I'd love to get your soccer template, what file format is it? I prefer to use Illustrator files, so any vector format will work. I'll see if I can find a good lacrosse template for us.

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

Hey I’m not sure if I’m allowed to do this, but I think if you wanted to improve your logos a bit, putting some more complex shapes into your secondary, and finding a university you could replicate more and take some inspiration from would go a long way. I think something like George Washington, SFA, or Robert Morris could serve as some really good starting points for this design.
As for some C&C for what you have. The interlocking letter work but aren’t quite right. Making each letter bigger, closer, and fixing some of the outlines up would really improve the look. If you want a three letter style version of that logo, look at SFA and UCF, both of those show what I’m kinda talking about. Preferably I’d drop the secondary which is really weak at the moment. I’m not sure what your nickname is but I’d focus on having something related to the nickname rather than the president since you already have a basic interlocking letters logo. I’d also play with your colors. Grey and cream don’t really work the best with each other, and I think focusing on the orange and grey would be a better idea. Maybe even swapping orange for red.
Overall though I think this has some really great potential and I’d thought I’d just give some tips from what I’m seeing so far. If I’m in the wrong let me know.

Thanks for the feedback! That secondary probably isn't going to be used, it was just a concept anyway. I really like how the cream interacts with the gray, so I'm going to keep it, but if we decide to drop it then I'll follow suit. I appreciate the feedback, I think we have a good direction to go in!

jared2001usa wrote:

I would be down with choosing lacrosse, because of the reasons you gave about it being a New England, preppy school. Also, for future groups (so anyone) could start up a site version of the Ivy League with other schools down the line. Also, I was on the fence between basketball and hockey, but with the reasons you gave, I'm down for hockey.

Other than that, that's a nice monogram for the school and I'm also down for using the Bull Moose as the secondary. We also could use the bear paw as the tertiary logo (if we wanted to go that far).

Also, something that I thought of just for thought with one of the names we were discussing, if this school makes any type of cinderella run in any sport, we can use the earlier nickname we discussed: The Busters 

Yeah, I like it! I think we should try and find a way to combine the monogram and bull moose logo for the primary, but I think the bear paw is out. I'm working on baseball right now, I can also do football (though Dire might want to because of the EFL), in which case I can do hockey. I'd like to get that bull moose logo before deciding things for certain, but there's no rush. 

Edit: How does everyone feel about this monogram?

Last edited by QCS (9/05/2020 1:25 pm)

9/05/2020 1:59 pm  #19

Pst... I think you have some room to lean more white than yellow with the cream. Right now it feels like it is competing with the orange. Get it a little lighter and you have a strong case for cream instead of white jerseys as well.

9/05/2020 2:01 pm  #20

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Pst... I think you have some room to lean more white than yellow with the cream. Right now it feels like it is competing with the orange. Get it a little lighter and you have a strong case for cream instead of white jerseys as well.

As I was making the jersey I was thinking the same. I'm gonna play with it some more.

Edit: Revised monogram as well as concept home jersey. I'd like to put the bull moose logo on the sleeves.

Last edited by QCS (9/05/2020 2:08 pm)

Board footera