Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/12/2020 6:32 pm  #271

Re: The AltHL - Group C Voting & Owner Application!

The great thing about online leagues is that no one can get sick from another guy’s message.
😢👍

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

3/12/2020 6:58 pm  #272

Still, 'Patience, not Panic'. The sooner we find a vaccine for the virus, the sooner we'll get the season back on track.

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

3/12/2020 9:33 pm  #273

I know this is off topic but today was a tough day. I work in college athletics specifically at a large FBS university. This felt, like Mark Cuban put it, like a movie unfolding right before our eyes. I hope everyone is staying safe during this time and I'm excited to vote on some logos on Friday!

3/12/2020 9:59 pm  #274

This site is the only "normal" thing happening today. CapitalG is right, it's been a tough day. I feel like I'm in some weird thriller novel. I'm very much looking forward to working on some logos and sweaters for this little league of ours.

It may be interesting though, depending on the length of the suspension, we could potentially still draft a shortened season fantasy league. Who would have thought? Strange times in the world. Be safe, y'all!

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

3/12/2020 10:06 pm  #275

WithaCapitalG wrote:

I know this is off topic but today was a tough day. I work in college athletics specifically at a large FBS university. This felt, like Mark Cuban put it, like a movie unfolding right before our eyes. I hope everyone is staying safe during this time and I'm excited to vote on some logos on Friday!

No worries.  You have my sympathy.  I am a teacher and this entire thing has really shocked the system.  In the world of athletics it is crazy what has happened just over the past two days.  I feel for players like Vince Carter and Joe Thornton who finished their games last night, possibly for the last time, unceremoniously and unexpectedly.  Luckily for us, the AltHL is here! Looking forward to tomorrow.

8/13/2020 11:27 am  #276

Hey, earlier in this project, when you went over what we’d be doing later on, there was something called “AltHL Network”. What is that, and is it even still on?

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

8/13/2020 11:46 am  #277

Yeah. Good question. It is my vision for the way that we cover the fantasy league. Videos, interviews, etc. Not a fully developed idea but I plan on working on it. 

8/13/2020 11:55 am  #278

If I'm an owner in the expansion, can I follow on here, or do I need something else to see how I do?

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

8/13/2020 12:08 pm  #279

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

If I'm an owner in the expansion, can I follow on here, or do I need something else to see how I do?

When we open it up we'll probably put it in the design thread. It'll be pretty public. 

8/13/2020 1:31 pm  #280

I, too, would also be interested in owning an AltHL team

Last edited by dvdbubba27 (8/13/2020 1:31 pm)

Inmate of the AHSylum
Athletic Director, Semiahmoo University

Board footera