Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/20/2019 6:41 am  #11

Re: An Alternate History of American Football: The NAFA

Thanks for the support everyone -

The Montreal Saints were one of the charter members for the first Canadian Football League, the ECFL (East Canada Football League), in 1921. When the league disbanded in 1926, the Saints continued play independently before joining the RCFA (Royal Canadian Football Association) in 1931. They have been playing in the RCFA ever since. During their 18 year existence in the RCFA, the Saints have been one of the most dominant teams, winning 6 Royal Cups in 11 tries. The only team with more Royal Cups are the Toronto Nationals, who are also joining the NAHA (Toronto vs. Montreal is also a huge rivalry).

Logo and Uniforms:

The cursive M logo has remained the same since the team's founding. The uniforms are very simple with just a thick stripe on the sleeves.

Thanks for viewing. As always, C&C is appreciated.

Last edited by DoctaC (5/20/2019 6:42 am)

5/20/2019 8:53 am  #12

So are American and Canadian football the same thing in this universe?

5/20/2019 8:59 am  #13

CCLXXXVII wrote:

So are American and Canadian football the same thing in this universe?

Yes

5/20/2019 10:58 am  #14

I wish there was some way to make this work better for mobile. Still cool that this exists.

5/20/2019 11:33 am  #15

TargetToad wrote:

I wish there was some way to make this work better for mobile. Still cool that this exists.

If you're referring to the image sizes, if you switch to desktop format they look much better. Use the options in the top left corner of the page.

5/20/2019 11:37 am  #16

The Toronto Nationals are the second team leaving the RCFA for the NAFA. They were an expansion team of the RCFA founded in 1938. They made the Royal Football Championship 7 times, winning six of them. They have a fierce rivalry with the Montreal Saints. Each year, they play for the "Franglo Cup," which is awarded to the team with the better margin from the games played between the teams that season.

The logo is simple, as are the uniforms. The Nats claim they don't worry about their look, instead their play.

Thanks for viewing. As always, C&C is appreciated.

5/20/2019 4:43 pm  #17

This is off to an interesting start, looking forward to where this goes!

5/20/2019 4:57 pm  #18

This is looking very promising. Looking forward to more.

Posting three times as fast from a lowkey dystopia.

5/20/2019 5:01 pm  #19

Yo this looks clean

Boutta go sicko mode

5/20/2019 6:14 pm  #20

Fantastic start to this series!

Are whites/lights essentially considered "home" uniforms? If so, I like that a lot.

New York -- I'm really digging that hue of blueish purple. Unique color that fits the era. Nice touch with the five stripes.

Cleveland -- My favorite identity in these early stages. I like the color scheme, the number font choice (what is that, btw), and unique striping. Did you experiment with the tree centered inside the C instead? Wondering if it would be cohesive that way.

Philadelphia -- I like the logo a lot. That could be a longtime classic. I'm not as much of a fan of the numbers. Might be interesting to have them be way oversized compared to everyone else since they're such a slim type face.

Montreal -- I wasn't expecting black and white for a team in Montreal but it kinda works. I hope they'll be one of those teams who change their colors every 5-10 years.

Toronto -- Simple and straightforward. I like the hockey-style Nats diagonal mark.

Nice work so far! Can't wait for more.

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

Board footera