Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/29/2020 5:07 am  #981

Re: AltHL Legacy

Now that the project is over, I definitely want to say a big thanks to Gritty for putting on an excellent Legacy Series!  Definitely adds even more life to these teams to know their backstories!  

8/29/2020 9:44 am  #982

In honor of our Legacy Ranking and the fans who suffered through it with us, the Denver Bighorns have decided to retire the number 18.

The Bighorns will be sure to improve their standings when the 2020-21 season rolls around, so the rest of the league better watch out for the Hockey Mountains!

8/29/2020 10:03 am  #983

QCS wrote:

In honor of our Legacy Ranking and the fans who suffered through it with us, the Denver Bighorns have decided to retire the number 18.

The Bighorns will be sure to improve their standings when the 2020-21 season rolls around, so the rest of the league better watch out for the Hockey Mountains!

That's great!

8/29/2020 8:12 pm  #984

News Report Coming Through

After all the small rumours regarding the future of the Quebec Owls, FC Macbeth has confirmed that he wanted to relinquished his position as owner of the historic Owls citing the team's failures to bring home the Lewis Cup and sporadic playoff appearances. "I don't know if Gritty wants to make this official, but for years I dreamt of throwing the towel and move away from the AltHL entirely. It won't be happening right now and it won't possible to win one more and call it a career,"

"See, I only chose Quebec for how historic it is. It's an attraction for me because of my status as a history disciple. When AltHL is its off season, I read some books about the history of Quebec province and immerse myself with Quebec culture. Here, it made me forget about how bad the Owls are. All I wish is a cup in my cabinet and yet all I got is nothing but pure disappointment and embarrassment. Even the best players, even lads like Gretzky and Robintalle can't do anything to capture even just one silverware. Nothing wrong with them, though, because every player is supposed to be committed to play their best hockey. Something that they seem to not have. Y'know, I don't talk much of this so, uh, can I move with my life"

Following his annoucement, two potential owners are reported to accept the position in the Owls organisation. Sevdest and dvdbubba27 are rumoured to take in the helms, but Macbeth is known to be anxious about choosing the best future owners. 'If anyone wants to play leader in Quebec, whatever you do, DO NOT, and I mean, DO NOT move them outside of Quebec City! I don't care if it's your city, my city, your granddad's city, whatever the city you wanted to call it home. Quebec deserves to be in the AltHL and nothing more,"

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

8/29/2020 8:34 pm  #985

Aight whoever wants the Owls, I’m gonna auction ‘em off. Starting at $500, do I hear $600?

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

8/29/2020 8:39 pm  #986

ThisIsFine wrote:

Aight whoever wants the Owls, I’m gonna auction ‘em off. Starting at $500, do I hear $600?

I bid $1000! (Assuming we're not bidding real money)

Last edited by dvdbubba27 (8/29/2020 8:40 pm)

Inmate of the AHSylum
Athletic Director, Semiahmoo University

8/29/2020 8:40 pm  #987

ThisIsFine wrote:

Three lads who wanted to be owner are as followed:

1. Sevdest
2. dvdbubba27
3. ANDY!

If anyone wants to be part of the Owls organisation as pwner, please PM me as soon as you can.

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

8/29/2020 9:16 pm  #988

ThisIsFine wrote:

50K right here!

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

8/29/2020 9:24 pm  #989

I’m gonna say ANDY! is your best bet, because he’s the only one who has fantasy sports experience.

Also, $50,000, do I hear $60,000?

Last edited by ThisIsFine (8/29/2020 9:25 pm)

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

8/29/2020 9:54 pm  #990

Breaking News! 

FC Macbeth steps down as owner of the Quebec Owls.

Tonight we have to share this surprising news.  We are disappointed to hear that FC Macbeth has decided to step down before the first season.  We appreciate Macbeth's contributions to the AltHL community and we hope that they will be able to contribute in a non-owner capacity moving forward.

The league has officially taken control over the franchise.  A replacement owner will be announced at a later date.  The process for how we are going to determine that owner will be considered and announced shortly.  

This is a good opportunity to discuss ownership in the Alt Sports Universe.  The following statement is not a judgement about FC Macbeth's departure but rather a notice for the future.  When you decide to take ownership of one of our teams we are asking that you commit to our league.  As many of you can tell our community has grown and there is a long line of people wanting to join the ranks of being an AltHL Owner.

Our expectations for owners are to be engaged and committed in the design process, the conversation, and the fantasy league.  Nothing kills a fantasy league faster than an owner who does not set their line up or contribute regularly.  If you are an owner we expect that you participate as best you can.  We never have needed anyone to be an elite fantasy player but we do wish for everyone to put forth an elite effort.  

The Quebec Owls are the Quebec Owls. Meaning, the team will stay put as FC Macbeth said.  All of our franchises are ultimately the property of our community.  Based off of previous conversations and intense interest from others I assume we will have an expansion process after our first season(summer 2021) & (we will not be talking about this now).  Potential Quebec owners should consider that before agreeing to take over the Owls.  We strongly prefer that owners take true ownership of the teams they selected.  We will try to avoid having a revolving door of who owns who as the years move forward.  

If you have any questions or concerns about this news please feel free to reach out to me privately.

Board footera