Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/22/2020 8:12 am  #891

Re: AltHL Legacy

I wouldn't doubt that the Wranglers show up around 15 or 16, because in spite of our three Shields, we weren't too hot most other years.

8/22/2020 8:14 am  #892

Yeah, the Owls really did get unlucky.  Had we chosen 2000-2020, they probably would have been in the top 5-10, I'd bet.  Shame, cause they really are a nice classic looking team, (that owl/fleur-de-lis merged logo is pretty brilliant!).

8/22/2020 8:50 am  #893

Stickman wrote:

Yeah, the Owls really did get unlucky.  Had we chosen 2000-2020, they probably would have been in the top 5-10, I'd bet.  Shame, cause they really are a nice classic looking team, (that owl/fleur-de-lis merged logo is pretty brilliant!).

All what I wanted is the Shield and nothing more. But the curse hit them harder than the Avs winning two Stanley Cups.

A heavy shame this had to happen to me and my dignity. Pretty much I failed the whole Quebec City in a way the would like to forget.

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

8/22/2020 10:02 am  #894

Potvin over Kelly Hrudey? That seems a bit controversial...

Plus, welcome to the Pantheon, Wayne Douglas Gretzky.

Last edited by ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth (8/22/2020 10:06 am)

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

8/22/2020 2:12 pm  #895

Perhaps we are sensing a theme for these teams found at the bottom of these rankings.  The Sawblades had arguably the best teams in hockey history (if we had been playing in the 80s).  They had Gretzky in his prime, Messier, Kurri, Fuhr, Coffey and much more. Unfortunately by the time that this project started many of those players including the Great One moved on to greener pastures.  The Sawblades buzzed through the AHA in year one making it to the finals against New York.  They wouldn't return to the finals until 2015. The Blades owned by Scratch are known for their exotic jerseys and passionate fan base.  They are one of only 5 AltHL teams that do not own NHL teams.  Their trophy case is relatively bare with only one West Division title. Mark Messier was their unquestioned leader..he made four all star game wearing the green and won back to back MVP awards.  He left in 2004 to join Philadelphia wear he won three titles. 

Now is where we controversial. You may notice that the Sawblades that do not have a HOF patch. Mark Messier was one of the last players to miss the cut.  After the final Pantheon is revealed I look forward to the debate.  But for now Messier is on the outside looking in.  He will most likely be in next year's Class.

The Sawblades is the lsat of the three teams that never got to raise a championship trophy.  We have title winners from here on out.

8/22/2020 2:22 pm  #896

There's going to be some really interesting decesions, and hoo boy..if Messier isn't in the Pantheon..maybe that gives me hope that someone like McInnis made it..look I'm just hoping for one Rover to make it to the Pantheon.

8/22/2020 4:10 pm  #897

Darknes wrote:

There's going to be some really interesting decesions, and hoo boy..if Messier isn't in the Pantheon..maybe that gives me hope that someone like McInnis made it..look I'm just hoping for one Rover to make it to the Pantheon.

I mean, I did put a vote in for someone on your blue line, but not McInnis.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)

8/22/2020 5:25 pm  #898

Yeah the Sawblades definitely have one of the craziest, (if not THE craziest) uniform in Alt history, although that is what's really cool about them.  Another team that just got hosed badly on luck!   It'd certainly be interesting if we ever did a full NHL to AltHL history to see who would have the most titles, this team would be a contender I'd think.

8/22/2020 5:54 pm  #899

Stickman wrote:

Yeah the Sawblades definitely have one of the craziest, (if not THE craziest) uniform in Alt history, although that is what's really cool about them.  Another team that just got hosed badly on luck!   It'd certainly be interesting if we ever did a full NHL to AltHL history to see who would have the most titles, this team would be a contender I'd think.

I don’t want to hear about bad luck.

8/22/2020 6:00 pm  #900

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

Stickman wrote:

I don’t want to hear about bad luck.

Haha, I hear ya, although at least the Racers finally did get that title!

Board footera