Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/21/2020 12:11 am  #511

Re: AltHL Legacy

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

JamHeronArk wrote:

It's always fun to play "Our American Cousins." (Old theater joke, sorry.) A big thank you to the Loons and Terriers for some great series this year! Hmmm... 75% of our playoff appearances have turned into championships, and we still have only had one All-Star. If the oil money and championships keep rolling in, we might have to get a roof just so we have rafters in which to hang banners!

Just do what football does and put the retired numbers on the walls. Keep the uniqueness of your building my friend.

Yeah, and besides, adding a roof would raise the rent right through, well, the roof.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

6/21/2020 2:58 pm  #512

ThisIsFine wrote:

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

JamHeronArk wrote:

It's always fun to play "Our American Cousins." (Old theater joke, sorry.) A big thank you to the Loons and Terriers for some great series this year! Hmmm... 75% of our playoff appearances have turned into championships, and we still have only had one All-Star. If the oil money and championships keep rolling in, we might have to get a roof just so we have rafters in which to hang banners!

Just do what football does and put the retired numbers on the walls. Keep the uniqueness of your building my friend.

Yeah, and besides, adding a roof would raise the rent right through, well, the roof.

.... Seriously.....

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

6/21/2020 3:42 pm  #513

Don't you own your stadium Jam? I thought that was the conclusion we ended on so the rent argument was silenced. Then again, I love the thought of you charging yourself rent and simply using Zelle with Chase to transfer money between your own accounts once a month.

6/21/2020 3:57 pm  #514

This is why we play indoors. Too many numbers to wrap your head around. Thank God I stuck with law. It’s easier to remember rules and how trials work. (Also, Stickman, don’t call me for legal advice anymore, please. It just gets annoying. I don’t have time for cases involving a horde of sheep, a barrel of Napa Valley wine, and the LA River. Call Winston Payne next time.)

Last edited by ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth (6/21/2020 6:06 pm)

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

6/21/2020 5:55 pm  #515

I had Dave from the office run the numbers, and he came up with just one number: 42. The other Dave, our intern, said that a guy on the internet suggested we put banners around the edge of the bowl. I think that means we can keep the atmosphere as our roof and the sky as the limit. 

6/21/2020 7:58 pm  #516

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

This is why we play indoors. Too many numbers to wrap your head around. Thank God I stuck with law. It’s easier to remember rules and how trials work. (Also, Stickman, don’t call me for legal advice anymore, please. It just gets annoying. I don’t have time for cases involving a horde of sheep, a barrel of Napa Valley wine, and the LA River. Call Winston Payne next time.)

So, you won't help me with my law suit against Kraft for not stating that Cheez Whiz isn't real cheese on the jar? And that it doesn't work as body wash or body lotion?!

JamHeronArk wrote:

I had Dave from the office run the numbers, and he came up with just one number: 42. The other Dave, our intern, said that a guy on the internet suggested we put banners around the edge of the bowl. I think that means we can keep the atmosphere as sour roof and the sky as the limit.

Your intern is Dave? Do we have the same intern? My intern's name is Dave D. Davidson!

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

6/21/2020 8:05 pm  #517

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

So, you won't help me with my law suit against Kraft for not stating that Cheez Whiz isn't real cheese on the jar? And that it doesn't work as body wash or body lotion?!

No, I only handle criminal cases, no civil cases in court...

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

6/21/2020 8:06 pm  #518

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

I wanna hop on that lawsuit. I love rubbing Cheese Whiz on my skin!

Last edited by ThisIsFine (6/21/2020 8:07 pm)

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

6/21/2020 8:13 pm  #519

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

No, I only handle criminal cases, no civil cases in court...

LMAO!  Yeah that case just got a whole lot harder to win...

6/21/2020 9:07 pm  #520

Now I'm just picturing the Wranglers running cable with the banners across the open air above the ice.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

Board footera