Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/26/2020 7:02 pm  #321

Re: AltHL Legacy

Stickman wrote:

Sweet!  The Los Agrabah Titans are BACK!  And something, (AKA, owner Stickman's personal psychic, who finally returned to the team after a gigantic raise) tells me they are looking like mighty fine contenders for a 2nd championship!

You have gone rogue with power, Stickman. Just because you’re the owner of a pro hockey team doesn’t mean you can just change the name of a significant city in the USA to *looks at your post again confused* Los Agrabah?

5/26/2020 7:28 pm  #322

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Stickman wrote:

Sweet!  The Los Agrabah Titans are BACK!  And something, (AKA, owner Stickman's personal psychic, who finally returned to the team after a gigantic raise) tells me they are looking like mighty fine contenders for a 2nd championship!

You have gone rogue with power, Stickman. Just because you’re the owner of a pro hockey team doesn’t mean you can just change the name of a significant city in the USA to *looks at your post again confused* Los Agrabah?

We’re all watching and predicting actual hockey based on stats, yet he’s over there using Chihaya Mifune to predict the outcome of the season. What rank is your Fortune Confidant, bud?

Last edited by ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth (5/26/2020 7:28 pm)

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

5/26/2020 7:32 pm  #323

Stickman wrote:

Haha!  Well, to be fair, they do play in California.   Knowing that state, I could see them allow the name change if the person asking for it is rich and famous enough. 

But in all seriousness, if anyone is curious about the nickname, I jokingly nickname the team the Los Agrabah Titans because of the logo, which is the reason I picked the team in the first place.  The logo shows that the Titan is in front of a purple circle.  But it actually sorta looks like it's wearing a turban, (I think because the diamond top of the Titan' helmet looks like a gym of sorts and the purple circle could be it's turban).  Since the movie Aladdin (my all time favorite Disney movie by the way, loved that movie as a kid!) takes place in the fictional city of Agrabah, the Los Agrabah Titans they became!

5/26/2020 7:51 pm  #324

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

Stickman wrote:

We’re all watching and predicting actual hockey based on stats, yet he’s over there using Chihaya Mifune to predict the outcome of the season. What rank is your Fortune Confidant, bud?

Not sure, but she does have a successful infomercial show!  (EDIT: Sorry for the double post!)

Last edited by Stickman (5/26/2020 7:53 pm)

5/26/2020 8:23 pm  #325

Stickman wrote:

Stickman wrote:

Haha!  Well, to be fair, they do play in California.   Knowing that state, I could see them allow the name change if the person asking for it is rich and famous enough. 

But in all seriousness, if anyone is curious about the nickname, I jokingly nickname the team the Los Agrabah Titans because of the logo, which is the reason I picked the team in the first place.  The logo shows that the Titan is in front of a purple circle.  But it actually sorta looks like it's wearing a turban, (I think because the diamond top of the Titan' helmet looks like a gym of sorts and the purple circle could be it's turban).  Since the movie Aladdin (my all time favorite Disney movie by the way, loved that movie as a kid!) takes place in the fictional city of Agrabah, the Los Agrabah Titans they became!

I find the Los Agrabah name so interesting.  As the person who designed that particular logo I for the life of me cannot see the turban.  I take no offense or anything but I have tried hard to look for it and just can't see it.  But I am glad it connected with you enough to make the move on LA! Aladdin was a solid movie.  Perhaps a little genie work along with your psychic will get you towards that second title.  

5/26/2020 9:02 pm  #326

It took me a while to see the turban too, but once you do, you can't NOT see it.

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

5/26/2020 9:19 pm  #327

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

It took me a while to see the turban too, but once you do, you can't NOT see it.

I know I think one of the reasons I can't see it is because I am afraid to see it.  

5/27/2020 4:51 am  #328

Gritty wrote:

Stickman wrote:

I find the Los Agrabah name so interesting.  As the person who designed that particular logo I for the life of me cannot see the turban.  I take no offense or anything but I have tried hard to look for it and just can't see it.  But I am glad it connected with you enough to make the move on LA! Aladdin was a solid movie.  Perhaps a little genie work along with your psychic will get you towards that second title.  

Haha, well since you designed it, I totally see why you can't see it, having spent however long it took to actually craft the logo.  What I loved about the Titans logo is not only is it a pretty good one, but the fact that some of us can see it wearing the turban is hilarious because it clearly is unintentional.  So yeah, I definitely don't mean any offense when I joke about the team being the Los Agrabah Titans, it's just one of those things I could see sports fans nicknaming the team if they actually did exist.   

Honestly, as you can probably guess, part of what I love about sports is the sometimes zany, unpredictable, and outright hilarious stories that come out of them.  I think that has something to do with my owning the book, The Year I Owned the Yankees by former player Goose Gossage as a kid.  Really funny read, by the way, and also my first exposure to the potential that fantasy/alternate sports stories have.  Definitely recommend giving that book a read if you can find it.   But yeah, that's probably why I made owner Stickman such an oddball character, to fit in with the craziness that sports can bring, (that and him owning a California team that looks like it has a turban on its head, ).  

5/27/2020 10:30 am  #329

The Canadian Shield VIII Playoffs

#1 Montreal Chevaliers versus #4 Toronto Terriers

The Reds versus Les Rouges for the second time in league history (perhaps a sign of things to come..) In Red-Rouge Round 2, the Chevs came out victorious.  The Chevs advance in order to continue their title defense.  Looking at these teams you realize how loaded they were.

Chevaliers Roster
F - 18 - Adam Deadmarsh
D - 52 - Adam Foote
F - 21 - Peter Forsberg
F - 11 - Keith Jones
F - 25 - Mike Keane
D - 4 - Uwe Krupp
F - 22 - Claude Lemieux
D - 8 - Sandis Ozolinsh
F - 9 - Mike Ricci 
F - 19 - Joe Sakic (CAPTAIN)
F - 26 - Stephane Yelle
G - 33 - Patrick Roy

Terriers Roster
F - 17 - Doug Brown
F - 33 - Kris Draper
F - 91 - Sergei Fedorov
D - 2 - Vyacheslav Fetisov 
F - 15 - Tomas Holmstrom
F - 22 - Mike Knuble
D - 16 - Vladimir Konstantinov
F - 13 - Slava Kozlov
F - 8 - Igor Larionov
D - 5 - Nicklas Lidstrom
D - 55 - Larry Murphy
F - 14 - Brendan Shanahan
F - 19 - Steve Yzerman (CAPTAIN)
G - 30 - Chris Osgood
G - 29 -  Mike Vernon

#2 Minnesota Loons versus #3 Vancouver Glaciers
The Loons are back in the postseason and give the Glaciers one heck of a fight.  The Glaciers are a bigger, tougher team.  The Glaciers are looking to win their second title in three seasons.  IRL the Devils-Flyers rivalry of this era was incredible.  The Devils were single handedly responsible for the Flyers (my team) from reaching their potential during the Lindros years. 

Loons Roster
F - 23 - Dave Andreychuk
F - 18 - Sergei Brylin
D - 3 - Ken Daneyko
F - 93 - Doug Gilmour
F - 20 - Jay Pandolfo
F - 24 - Steve Sullivan
F - 24 - Patrik Elias
F - 12 - Bill Guerin
F - 16 - Bobby Holik
D - 27 - Scott Niedermayer
F - 14 - Brian Rolston
D - 4 - Scott Stevens (CAPTAIN)
F - 17 - Petr Sykora
F - 25 - Valeri Zelepukin
G - 30 - Martin Brodeur

Glaciers Roster
F - 17 - Rod Brind'Amour
D - 77 - Paul Coffey
D - 37 - Eric Desjardins
F - 24 - Karl Dykhuis
F - 15 - Pat Falloon
F - 18 - Dale Hawerchuk
F - 20 - Trent Klatt
F - 10 - John LeClair
F - 88 - Eric Lindros (CAPTAIN)
D - 44 - Janne Niinimaa
F - 29 - Joel Otto 
F - 25 - Shjon Podein
F - 45 - Vinny Prospal
F - 19 - Mikael Renberg
D - 5 - Darren Rumble
F - 23 - Petr Svoboda
F - 6 - Chris Therien
F - 9 - Dainius Zubrus
G - 30 - Garth Snow
G - 27 - Ron Hextall

The matchup of the two previous Shield Champions - Vancouver Glaciers versus Montreal Chevaliers

5/27/2020 10:47 am  #330

sevsdast wrote:

Vancouver vs Montreal is looking like a rivalry!

For those who were a fan of 90s hockey...this is an action shot from this year's Chevs-Terriers series.

Board footera