Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/01/2020 7:57 pm  #1011

Re: AltHL Legacy

So what's the next step? Do we wait for the actual IRL season to start?

9/01/2020 9:45 pm  #1012

Draft will have to be before that

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

9/04/2020 9:25 am  #1013

Dan O'Mac wrote:

And expansion will be the next season, yes?

CREATOR OF THE CANADIAN PREMIERE HOCKEY LEAGUE
OWNER of the OTTAWA GUARDIANS of the ALTHL

9/04/2020 9:34 am  #1014

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Yep that's the plan. I'm thinking the best time to get that process started will be in the stretch run of the first AltHL season. That's when the interest will be at hits highest and we'll be able to get the expansion teams ready for year 2.

9/04/2020 8:24 pm  #1015

Gritty wrote:

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Yep that's the plan. I'm thinking the best time to get that process started will be in the stretch run of the first AltHL season. That's when the interest will be at hits highest and we'll be able to get the expansion teams ready for year 2.

How soon can I start lobbying for Ottawa?

9/04/2020 9:02 pm  #1016

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Gritty wrote:

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

*Checks watch* huh that's weird. Looks like you already have been for awhile.

9/05/2020 8:43 am  #1017

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Gritty wrote:

*Checks watch* huh that's weird. Looks like you already have been for awhile.

Your point?

9/05/2020 9:26 am  #1018

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Gritty wrote:

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

I'm going to say this will be in the offseason (next summer) when Gritty officially announces the plan to expand. Gotta have patience man, we still got a whole season to play through.

9/05/2020 10:53 am  #1019

Wallflower wrote:

Osgiliath Guard wrote:

Gritty wrote:

I'm going to say this will be in the offseason (next summer) when Gritty officially announces the plan to expand. Gotta have patience man, we still got a whole season to play through.

Yeah, yeah. I know. I know how this works. Can't a guy be excited about something? In all seriousness, I can't wait for the first season. Hope y'all get good teams in the draft.

Is there a salary cap for the league Gritty? A line of McDavid, Crosby and Ovi, say, would be OP and unrealistic due to salary.

9/05/2020 1:48 pm  #1020

I doubt a line like that will happen. If it does, kudos to that owner. There isn't a salary cap for players. But I can't imagine all three of those players dropping out of the first round. There is kind of a salary cap for the Keepers after the first season. Teams can keep anyone they want but there are costs associated with players selected in different rounds.  Teams have a cap of they have to stay under.  If you are interested in how it works go over to the AltFL rules and check it out. The AltHL rules will be different but will follow a similar concept.

Board footera