Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/18/2020 11:41 am  #211

Re: AltHL - Owner Draft and Beyond

Gritty wrote:

QCS wrote:

Winter Classic: Holiday Classic - held between Christmas and New Year's and features more "classic" teams.
Stadium Series: Civic Series - Unis are inspired by other teams/civic icons from the host city and the opposing city, like the "City" jerseys from the NBA except done well.
Global Series: Terra Firma Cup - any team is eligible, alternates every year between traditional hockey countries like Norway, Sweden, etc. and less traditional markets like Japan, Africa, Mexico, etc.

Also, this is just a question: on the map with polygons, why is it that Chicago and Montreal get their affiliates marked as territory but I don't get Washington? I can understand Greensboro, given how close it is to Charlotte, but it seems like I should get the DMV area.

We can take a look at it.  I can ask JamHeronArk about it. He had a science behind it that included minor league influence but it wouldn't trump the territory of the major league team.  But we can check it out.

This is less of an issue but I figured I'd atleast have influence through the entire state of New York, I get Buffalo is Torontos minor league affiliate but my minor league market is Syracuse and Hartford and I barely get those cities as it seems.

4/18/2020 11:51 am  #212

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

Gritty wrote:

QCS wrote:

Winter Classic: Holiday Classic - held between Christmas and New Year's and features more "classic" teams.
Stadium Series: Civic Series - Unis are inspired by other teams/civic icons from the host city and the opposing city, like the "City" jerseys from the NBA except done well.
Global Series: Terra Firma Cup - any team is eligible, alternates every year between traditional hockey countries like Norway, Sweden, etc. and less traditional markets like Japan, Africa, Mexico, etc.

Also, this is just a question: on the map with polygons, why is it that Chicago and Montreal get their affiliates marked as territory but I don't get Washington? I can understand Greensboro, given how close it is to Charlotte, but it seems like I should get the DMV area.

We can take a look at it.  I can ask JamHeronArk about it. He had a science behind it that included minor league influence but it wouldn't trump the territory of the major league team.  But we can check it out.

This is less of an issue but I figured I'd atleast have influence through the entire state of New York, I get Buffalo is Torontos minor league affiliate but my minor league market is Syracuse and Hartford and I barely get those cities as it seems.

Yeah I think we can have some wiggle room in some places.  It was mostly guidelines to help people. As the current owner of some of upstate New York you can definitely do something there if you have an idea.  

Last edited by Gritty (4/18/2020 11:55 am)

4/18/2020 1:19 pm  #213

WC: Arctic Classic
Stadium: Beyond Series
International: Voyage Classic

Yea I'm not really sure about what events I can host as the big stadiums in my area just hosted the last two Heritage Classics (IG Field in WPG and Mosiac in Regina). I'll definitely go international but the other two are limiting, but I guess I am all for being a visitor for a matchup.

4/18/2020 1:23 pm  #214

Levi's Stadium hosted the 2015 Winter Classic, so that's out for me...I definitely plan to bid for the Stadium and International games though.

4/18/2020 1:38 pm  #215

Burmy87 wrote:

Levi's Stadium hosted the 2015 Winter Classic, so that's out for me...I definitely plan to bid for the Stadium and International games though.

You've got Oracle Park, Oakland Coliseum, and California Memorial Coliseum in Berkeley to work with, I think a Winter Classic bid is possible.

4/18/2020 2:40 pm  #216

QCS wrote:

Burmy87 wrote:

You've got Oracle Park, Oakland Coliseum, and California Memorial Coliseum in Berkeley to work with, I think a Winter Classic bid is possible.

Napa Valley would be cool for option #2 

4/18/2020 3:27 pm  #217

I've got Alumni Stadium, Harvard Stadium for Option 1
Could do something on the Commons for Option 2
I'm sure the Rovers would be involved in any match in Ireland..

4/18/2020 3:46 pm  #218

Hmmm, if we can rework it and put a ton of money into  it, I bet we could get North Wilkesboro Speedway at least a Stadium Series game...

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

4/18/2020 4:38 pm  #219

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

Hmmm, if we can rework it and put a ton of money into it, I bet we could get North Wilkesboro Speedway at least a Stadium Series game...

Why bother with North Wilkesboro when you could use Charlotte Motor Speedway?

4/18/2020 5:27 pm  #220

QCS wrote:

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

Hmmm, if we can rework it and put a ton of money into it, I bet we could get North Wilkesboro Speedway at least a Stadium Series game...

Why bother with North Wilkesboro when you could use Charlotte Motor Speedway?

Charlotte Motor Speedway is a bit too big. With North Wilkesboro, you can put the rink in the garage area and can be somewhat visible all around, like what Bristol did with the football field. Or better yet, the other option I had was Bowman-Grey, but there’s very little room for seat additions.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

Board footera