Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/14/2020 10:43 am  #161

Re: AltHL - Owner Draft and Beyond

I own Buffalo and Burlington.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

4/14/2020 11:24 am  #162

The Farm League so far:

AAA
Oakland Power (SF)
Sacramento Whales (LA)
Fargo Hjemkomst (CGY)
Hamilton Lancasters (VAN)
Salem Spots (POR)
Buffalo Barrels (TOR)
Duluth Giants (MIN)
Indianapolis SuperChargers (CHI)
Thunder Bay Osprey (WPG)
Greenville Reapers (CHA)
Hartford Narwhals (NY)
Maine Trawlers (BOS)
Moncton Magnetics (HAL)
Gatineau Fireworks (QUE)
St. John's Walrus (MTL)

AA
Santa Rosa Beagles (SF)
Long Beach Surf (LA)
Rapid City Mounts (CGY)
Reno Blackjacks (VAN)
Northern Red Legs (POR)
Vermont Syrup Kings (TOR)
Rochester Rattlers (MIN)
Daytona Wraiths (CHI)
Kelowna Bobcats (WPG)
Myrtle Beach Skates (CHA)
Syracuse Spartans (NY)
New Hampshire Mountain Men (BOS)
Cape Breton Highlanders (HAL)
Rhode Island Hope (QUE)
New Orleans Garous (MTL)

Still to come...Seattle Seawolves, Denver Bighorns, Philadelphia Founders

4/14/2020 11:46 am  #163

Some good cities still available to grab. Nashville, Omaha, Boise, Milwaukee, Salt Lake City, Phoenix, Washington, Pittsburgh.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

4/14/2020 12:00 pm  #164

At a hastily thrown together press conference headed up by a haggard looking Balu the Bare, the Philadelphia Founders announced their farm league affiliations. 
For AAA, the Harrisburg Keystones and the Trenton Legion in AA. 
The Bare then left the stage without answering any further questions.

Only the written records of his travels survive.

4/14/2020 12:12 pm  #165

Denver, Colorado - Bighorns owner QCS has announced the two farm teams that will operate under the Bighorns banner. In AAA, WASHINGTON will receive the BLOSSOMS, named for the beautiful flowers that bloom every year in DC. The Bighorns' AA team will operate in GREENSBORO and will be called the CIVICS, after the Civil Rights Movement, in which Greensboro hosted the first sit-in. 

When asked why the teams were so spread out, QCS responded "I want our players to really feel like they're on an adventure when climbing through to the big leagues. I want them to really feel like they've upgraded after each call-up, from Greensboro, an excellent city and place to live, to Washington, the capital of this country and an incredibly diverse place, to Denver, the Mile High City ready to take on the world. Of course, my East Coast bias came into effect a bit. However, I'm committed to making these teams work and I can assure our players that they will have no worries getting to and from Denver, Washington, and Greensboro."

The Civics will play in Greensboro Memorial Coliseum, a small arena downtown. The Blossoms will play in the brand-new QCS Arena, named after the owner and operator of the team and his design company. 

"I'm excited to share these identities with you soon. I can assure you that you haven't seen anything like them yet!"

4/14/2020 2:30 pm  #166

Oh man, the travel for the Spots is a punishment! haha

4/14/2020 2:49 pm  #167

I put together a map of the teams so far; only Seattle's farm teams are missing.
This is the map.

4/14/2020 2:52 pm  #168

JamHeronArk wrote:

I put together a map of the teams so far; only Seattle's farm teams are missing.
This is the map.

I don't have access to the map. I requested access, maybe it's not set to public?

Edit to avoid double posting: I'm also available to design some logos if you need it.

Last edited by QCS (4/14/2020 2:55 pm)

4/14/2020 3:46 pm  #169

Steelman wrote:

I fired up the ol' Google to see how in the heck a team in Sacramento would be named the Whales, and wouldn't you know it, some actual whales have swam up the dadgum Sacramento River almost all the way up to the city. If your mascot isn't named Humphrey you're missing out big time.

Beyond that little history lesson, the Whales are a fantastic identity! 3PT nailed that look for sure. I also love the secondary S-tail logo. And then we have the Surf. Holy smokes. If there was ever a team from 1993, this is it. That gradient hurts me but I can't look away.

@Dr.Pepper, your narwhal logo is fantastic! Love what you did with that.

LMAO!  So real talk, I literally did no research whatsoever on the team identities, I only picked the Whales name because I liked the theme.   I had no idea about whales actually nearly washing into the city, so that's really hilarious!  Also, Humphrey the Whale it shall be for the mascot!

As for the Surf, it's funny, I usually hate gradients, (despised the Jaguars two toned helmet and don't even get me started on the Atlanta Falcons' new red alternates.  They look like mom pants!) but 3 Point really did a awesome job with these.  Definitely hit the beach-side sunset theme I was hoping for!

4/14/2020 7:21 pm  #170

QCS wrote:

JamHeronArk wrote:

This is the map.

I don't have access to the map. I requested access, maybe it's not set to public?

You hit the nail on the head. My bad. It should be fixed now.

Board footera