Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/03/2020 1:14 am  #141

Re: The Logos and Uniforms Thread! East Jersey Poll Open!

Mr. Irrelevant checking in...I'll be happy with whichever team I end up getting, and will put in PLENTY of care for 'em.

4/03/2020 5:44 am  #142

Steelman wrote:

Nice! I did think we had a lot of black but I think that will balance out in future years as more teams are added and teams change their looks. Plus every instance of black is paired with a different color which helps keep things more unique.

True.  However, this does bring up a question that I'm more curious about than anything else.  Is there a rule that states we can't swap a primary and alternate around?  For example, say if you got New York and wanted to use the yellow jersey as the primary,or Charlotte and wanted to use the light blue jersey as the primary jersey and use the black jerseys as the alternates.   Is there a rule that states you can't do that and need to stick with black as the primary jersey for those example?

Definitely some interesting mock drafts so far, couple of surprises for me as far as teams that would be available for me to choose (in a great way).  Really interested to see who will be left once I pick!

4/03/2020 9:17 am  #143

I've actually gone back and forth a couple of times on 3 different teams so far, but I think I'm finally ready to make my pick once the draft thread goes up.

Giddy up.

[/url][url=https://ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=190]
www.yorkland.tk <--- Official home of the fictional country of Yorkland

4/03/2020 10:16 am  #144

Now I'm just watching, waiting to see if one of the top 4 steals the Loons from Section 30, or anyone grabs Charlotte before QCS gets on the clock.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

4/03/2020 10:19 am  #145

The draft is open! Let’s get to picking! I’m pumped up!

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

4/03/2020 10:28 am  #146

Done! I went back and forth between Vancouver, Toronto and Chicago quite a bit, but in the end I chose the team that I crafted the logo and jerseys for.

[/url][url=https://ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=190]
www.yorkland.tk <--- Official home of the fictional country of Yorkland

4/03/2020 10:50 am  #147

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Now I'm just watching, waiting to see if one of the top 4 steals the Loons from Section 30, or anyone grabs Charlotte before QCS gets on the clock.

Don't even suggest it, haha! I'm hoping people either have other teams they want or are kind enough to leave Charlotte for me. 

4/03/2020 10:54 am  #148

So as a member not participating as an owner, my rankings. This is entirely my opinion, taking into account jersey, logo, team name and city. I just don't like some cities

1. Halifax - Love the colors, the unique name, and the non-white uniform
2. Boston - The simplicity of Boston's color scheme, and the logo being on point. 
3. Denver - The jerseys by themselves push this up. I love the striping on the sleeve, and the color scheme is great.
4. Quebec - I love the name "Owls". The gray alternate is a thing of beauty as this wonderful fauxback look
5. Seattle - I like the name Seawolves. The teal is a statement, as no other team has a color that can be confused for it, and the simple wave inspired striping is a really nice touch
6. Winnipeg - I'll be honest, I didn't like the name Arrows. But the way this came together is so perfect.
7. Montreal - The gray alternate gets so many points in my book. My biggest reason I dropped it is the name "Chevaliers". I like the name, but I would've preferred a name that is the same in English and French.
8. Chicago - The simple black and gray, the ghost. I wasn't sold on the name when it was announced, but the logo and then the jerseys built the love for me. The alternate is great. I usually don't like the Chicago flag being thrown into a look, but it's subdued, retains the color scheme, and looks like it belongs.
9. Vancouver - This is my least favorite team name. Glaciers just doesn't do it for me. But the multiple blue look does work. The jerseys are gorgeous.
10. Toronto - Toronto is a city that always makes me struggle to name them. Terriers is a choice I never would've come up with on my own. The logo is great. I feel that Montreal and Toronto are destined to be rivals, and with both having a red primary, Toronto seems to really be a prime team to go with the blue (or Montreal with gray, which would make me like them more).
11. Portland - The name Sawblades is great, and the alternate red is a beautiful look. I don't hate outside the box designs, but the striping on this look just isn't for me. I love the logo, the color scheme and city, but the jerseys just didn't do it for me.
12. Minnesota - Minnesota Loons is good, but I feel a disconnect between the colors and the location. And being a big USHL fan, the Home and Away just remind me of the Waterloo Blackhawks, so, in my opinion, they don't have the identity the "clicks" for me.
13. San Francisco - Although I love the red uniform, I don't like that the logo is the same red as the primary. I do appreciate that having the black and yellow outlines on the logo does help is from being l
14. Calgary - The Wranglers aren't bad, but they're definitely not for me. I feel the logo gets lost on the primary as well.
15. Philadelphia - The Founders have a good look, but it's not for me. I actually prefer the jersey having the script "P", as outside of the (overplayed) Liberty Bell or a Benjamin Franklin inspired look, I don't know where else to go with that. Again, wonderful look, the name is great, but it just doesn't click for me.
16. New York - So following up the Founders, the Gargoyles look like they were ordered from the same catalog as each other. The name is good, and I like the colors, but it lacks uniqueness.
17. Charlotte - I want to like the Racers, but the name and look just aren't for me. I do like the striping on the home and away, and I understand why there is the checkerboard on the alternate, it's just not a look that makes me go "I like that".
18. Los Angeles - The Titans are a miss across the board for me, excepting the alternate jersey. I don't feel the name and logo connect with Los Angeles or Titans. The helmet makes me feel Spartan warrior.

Nothing against any of the people that named, or designed the teams. Just my opinions.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

4/03/2020 11:07 am  #149

Dan O'Mac wrote:

17. Charlotte - I want to like the Racers, but the name and look just aren't for me. I do like the striping on the home and away, and I understand why there is the checkerboard on the alternate, it's just not a look that makes me go "I like that".

I appreciate your rankings! It's interesting to see different opinions from different members. I can tell a bit about Charlotte's design, if it'll help at least a little bit. The logo comes from the NASCAR logo, with the triple colored striping. I carried that throughout the home and away, since I thought it tied the whole set together nicely. The alt is actually based on NASCAR's "Green-White-Checkered" method of finishing a race (where after a caution they do one "green flag" lap, then the final "white flag" lap, then finish the race with the checkered flag). I thought it would be a clever use of the alt if it was used in games where the team could clinch something, like a playoff spot or series. I actually intended for the blue to be the primary home sweater, but when I made the black, I thought it turned out much better than I thought it would and was better than the blue (the striping doesn't work quite as well on blue, given one of the stripes is blue). 

4/03/2020 11:13 am  #150

Pretty weird how everyone has envisioned me with the Titans, but OK.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

Board footera