Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/18/2020 12:03 am  #911

Re: North American Association of Football - NAAF

Enigmajones wrote:

Does Ovetchkin have nickname? The Slinging Slav came to mind.

I don't really have nicknames other than ones that are paired up with the player when they are submitted by others.
I don't really worry about them too much, It would be a question for ZO82 who created Ovechkin. He did provide a nickname that was just "Stanis" which is short for Stanislav.

10/18/2020 1:14 am  #912

Enigmajones wrote:

The Football Czar?
The Pigskin Potemkin?
The Russian Bear?
Or just plain Stan?

10/18/2020 10:07 am  #913

NeoPrankster wrote:

Enigmajones wrote:

The Football Czar?
The Pigskin Potemkin?
The Russian Bear?
Or just plain Stan?

Molotov.

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

10/18/2020 5:19 pm  #914

1958 Week 1 

Buffalo Blue Wings - 20, Ottawa Royals - 27 - Buffalo Civic Stadium - June 27, 1958 - 7 PM ET
1st
3-0 BUF - FG K Donald Brewer
3-7 OTT - TD RB Alexei Volkov
2nd
10-7 BUF - TD TE Johann Traeger
10-10 OTT - FG K Maurice Lafayette
3rd
10-17 OTT - WR Chester Bennett
10-20 OTT - FG K Maurice Lafayette
4th
13-20 BUF - FG K Donald Brewer
20-20 BUF - TD RB Arthur Conner
20-27 OTT - TD WR Mackenzie Jones 

The rematch of the McCallister Cup came down to the wire with Ottawa narrowly sneaking away on an impressive Mackenzie Jones catch over DB Lou Lake for the touchdown.
The Blue Wings, who were down by 10 in the 4th would come back with a big forced fumble from DL Sean Bowen which would set up the Arthur Conner score.
DB Uzzia Hayes came away with a pick for the Royals in the 3rd to help give them the 10-point lead. 

Montreal Rouge - 23, Providence Gold Stars - 13 - Mount Royal Stadium - June 28, 1958 - 3 PM ET
1st
2nd
7-0 MTL - TD RB Scott Mallard-White
7-7 PRO - TD WR Sammy Moss
10-7 MTL - FG K Arthur Kettinger
3rd
13-7 MTL - FG K Arthur Kettinger
4th
20-7 MTL - TD RB Scott Mallard-White
23-7 MTL - FG K Arthur Kettinger
23-13 PRO - TD WR Peter Brooks 

The Rouge shock the Gold Stars in a huge 23-13 win in their season opener.
RB Scott Mallard-White had a huge game with 161 yards on the ground and two touchdowns. 
The Gold Stars offence struggled with DL Dexter Barbarcos getting to O’Rourke twice in his rookie debut and DB Quentin Xavier reeling in a pick.
O’Rourke made a last-ditch effort to come back but missed the 2-point convert after the Brooks touchdown which ultimately sealed the game. 

Boston Independents - 17, Worcester Athletics - 6 - Richardson Stadium - June 28, 1958 - 7 PM ET
1st
7-0 BOS - TD WR Ellis Lindholm
2nd
10-0 BOS - FG K Johnnie Berg
10-3 WOR - FG K Tevoris Francis
3rd
10-6 WOR - FG K Tevoris Francis
4th
17-6 BOS - TD RB Eddie Thompson

After the hype of the Braddock versus Bishop match, the game was a complete letdown.
While Braddock made it real interesting early throwing his first career touchdown to Ellis Lindholm, he would soon leave the game with an injury thrusting QB Bart Swayze into action for the rest of the game. 
QB Gene Bishop was not good at all in his first game throwing a pair of picks to DB Lester Murphy and S Drew Porter.
Boston’s defense overall controlled the game and held on for the win. 

Louisville Thunder - 19, Long Island Raiders - 24 - Thunder Stadium - June 29, 1958 - 2 PM ET
1st
0-3 LI - FG K Henderson Schumacher
2nd
0-10 LI - TD RB Dareion Fields
3-10 LOU - FG K Thomas McFadden
3rd
3-17 LI - TD WR Robert Lang
10-17 LOU - RB Lawrence Sharp
13-17 LOU - FG K Thomas McFadden
4th
13-24 LI - TD RB Dareion Fields
19-24 LOU - TD WR Truman Harry 

Louisville gave the home crowd a show for the first game in their new stadium coming back down 3-17 in the 3rd.
QB Leonidas Dumont had a rough start with a pair of picks in the first half, but he pulled it together in the second half to bring them back into it
RB Dareion Fields came through with a huge performance in his first game with a pair of touchdowns for Raiders.
QB Lyle Painter, besides a pick thrown to S Johnny Berger, and LB Rusty McVee had much better performances than last season which spells good news for the Raiders. 

London Tigers - 34, Indiana Victors - 4 - Western Fair Stadium - July 1, 1958 - 2 PM ET
1st
7-0 LDN - TD RB Clifford Russell
14-0 LDN - TD WR Benedict Spencer
2nd
14-3 IND - FG K Albert Carney
21-3 LDN - TD WR Benedict Spencer
3rd
21-4 IND - Single K Albert Carney
24-4 LDN - FG K Nathaniel King
4th
31-4 LDN - TD WR Wilbert Benjamin
34-4 LDN - FG K Nathaniel King 

The London faithful were excited to see their new team take the field at the new stadium in London. 
The Tigers would go with QB Christian Stewart despite many wanting to see QB Riley Kiernan, and he would start really well with a passing TD in the 1st quarter, however, his day was cut short when DL Benjamin Hart hit him in the shoulder during a throw. QB Riley Kiernan would take over, but played just as well with 2 touchdowns, leading the Tigers to their first win of the season.
The Victors offence has zero answers for the Tigers’ defence who was able to bring in 4 turnovers in total
LB Aengus Lynch and LB Benjamin Pittman would force fumbles off of RB Rodney Clark, and DB Ricardo Salvador would grab a pair of interceptions.

Injury Report
QB Nathaniel Braddock BOS - 1 Week
DB Clayton Malone BOS - 12 Weeks
DB Jared Francis BUF - Day-to-Day
DB Ollie Guy IND - Day-to-Day
DB Dustin Wind IND - Season
QB Christian Stewart LDN - 4 Weeks
WR Thomas Oezescki LOU- 5 Weeks
OL Jose Whitney MTL - Day-to-Day
DL Troy Hunt OTT - 1 Week
OL Wilfred Gibson PRO - Day-to-Day
OL Bernard Gide PRO - 1 Week
OL Harold Paul WOR - Day-to-Day 

Players of the Week 

OFF: RB Scott Mallard-White MTL - 2 Rushing Touchdowns, 161 Rushing Yards, 34 Receiving Yards 

DEF: DB Ricardo Salvador LDN - 2 Interceptions, 4 Tackles, 2 Plays Defended

Standings
WEST
London 1-0
Long Island 1-0
Louisville 0-1
Buffalo 0-1
Indiana 0-1

EAST
Boston 1-0
Montreal 1-0
Ottawa 1-0
Providence 0-1
Worcester 0-1

Power Rankings
1 - Ottawa -
2 - Long Island -
3 - London -
4 - Boston -
5 - Buffalo -
6 - Montreal +2
7 - Providence -1
8 - Worcester -1
9 - Louisville -
10 - Indiana -

Week 2 Games
BUF (0-1) @ BOS (1-0) - JUL 4 - 4 PM - 4th of July Game
LOU (0-1) @ PRO (0-1) - JUL 5 - 3 PM
MTL (1-0) @ OTT (1-0) - JUL 5 - 7 PM - Saturday Night Football
LDN (1-0) @ LI (1-0) - JUL 6 - 1 PM
IND (0-1) @ WOR (0-1) - JUL 6 - 4 PM

10/18/2020 5:28 pm  #915

Oh sweet Jesus what was that?!

10/18/2020 6:16 pm  #916

Montreal had a linebacker situation, who was the week one starter and how did he do?

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

10/18/2020 6:42 pm  #917

Sevsdast wrote:

Montreal had a linebacker situation, who was the week one starter and how did he do?

Each team has 3 starting linebackers
MTL had
1 - Sam Fitzroy
2 - Sebastian Andrews
3 - Liam O'Brien

I mean the result speaks for how they did, though Sam Fitzroy was the main contributor down the middle. Andrews, who I assume you're interested in, was pretty silent for his first game probably a tackle or two in the game.

10/18/2020 7:08 pm  #918

Wallflower wrote:

Sevsdast wrote:

MTL had
1 - Sam Fitzroy
2 - Sebastian Andrews
3 - Liam O'Brien

I mean the result speaks for how they did, though Sam Fitzroy was the main contributor down the middle. Andrews, who I assume you're interested in, was pretty silent for his first game probably a tackle or two in the game.

That's ok, but can I get a sig for Andrews and Ge?

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

10/18/2020 7:55 pm  #919

Sevsdast wrote:

Wallflower wrote:

Sevsdast wrote:

MTL had
1 - Sam Fitzroy
2 - Sebastian Andrews
3 - Liam O'Brien

I am not doing player sigs at the moment, sorry.

10/18/2020 8:00 pm  #920

Wallflower wrote:

Sevsdast wrote:

Wallflower wrote:

MTL had
1 - Sam Fitzroy
2 - Sebastian Andrews
3 - Liam O'Brien

I am not doing player sigs at the moment, sorry.

It's alright!

Board footera