Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/06/2020 10:49 pm  #891

Re: North American Association of Football - NAAF

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

Wow, the first 3 picks were all traded huh? I'm not too surprised we traded down, it was a really good move, we didn't need Braddock despite how good he could be. I'm happy with Mills too.
As for the other teams, the Raiders making the jump at number 2 seemed a bit unexpected, maybe I didn't think they were that desperate for a RB. Either way, seems like it worked out for both sides.
Also, I have a friend named Sam Wynn, took me a bit off guard to see that name come up at first haha.

Louisville did a good job with the trade, they got another first for next year so they will be in a good position for future talent.
Yea, Long Island has just been in a situation with just "good enough" running backs which somewhat under performed last year. They still have not had that definitive #1 star and they felt Fields was their best bet at adding that.

Rugrat wrote:

Wow what a first round! Happy to see 2 of my boys up there! What a trade though for the Tigers! Look out for them next year

Figured you'd be happy seeing one of them heading to Indiana, and yea the Tigers might have made the move of the draft with the trade for Kiernan.

10/06/2020 11:44 pm  #892

Wow the Kiernan trade was a complete shocker to me. Maybe others saw it coming but I certainly did not. Worcester has an extremely talented defensive and the possibility of pairing that with a more consistent offense is very very scary for the rest of the NAAF.

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?

10/07/2020 9:49 am  #893

Captain Mort 3D wrote:

Wow the Kiernan trade was a complete shocker to me. Maybe others saw it coming but I certainly did not. Worcester has an extremely talented defensive and the possibility of pairing that with a more consistent offense is very very scary for the rest of the NAAF.

Yea the Kiernan trade was not supposed to be obvious, I mean he was Offensive Player of the Year in '56 and lead the league in passing touchdowns, but this year he only threw 4 and was injured by the end. The Athletics gave up on him quick seeing Bishop, however, Bishop still will need to develop and the defence still has issues in terms of depth behind their stars.

10/07/2020 5:32 pm  #894

1958 NAAF Draft

Round 2

The second round was much less crazy than the first, but it still had another traded early on. After the Thunder selected OL Bernhard Altermann, the Royals and Rouge made a surprising swap.  

Ottawa would trade up from the 19th pick to the 12th by sending WR Toni Radovanovic to the Rouge. Radovanovic had injury issues this season, but he still helps to add depth to a WR position that Montreal is still building.  

The Royals would go on to select S Randall Green with the pick to help replace Lester Greer who went to Louisville last season. London would add on the OL next with the pick of Stanley Witt, then it was Indiana who grabbed TE Emmanuel Hines. Hines was a 1st round projected player, but teams feel they got guys they like in the TE position, so he fell into the second round.  

Boston would look to get Braddock some more weapons with WR Paul Franklin at 15th overall. Worcester looked to add depth in the secondary behind Alexander Bradley with DB Elvin Waters at 16. 

Long Island would add to their young DL with Martin Garfield, who might be a sneaky pick in the round with great vertical ability on the line. Providence would look to expand O’Rourke’s protection with OL Nicholas Waller, and then Montreal would get the hometown LB in Sebastian Andrews with the 19th pick via Ottawa. Louisville would close out the round with WR Tony Albano to add to their younger group of receivers. 

Round 2 Summary
11 - LOU - OL Bernhard Altermann - Staten Island, NY - ZO82
12 - OTT (via MTL) - S Randall Green - Toledo, OH - Captain Mort 3D
13 - LDN - OL Stanley Witt - Boston, MA - Captain Mort 3D
14 - IND - TE Emmanuel Hines - Saginaw, MI - DireBear
15 - BOS - WR Paul Franklin - Warwick, RI - Captain Mort 3D
16 - WOR - DB Elvin Waters - Goshen, IN - Rugrat
17 - LI - DL Martin Garfield - Kitchener, ON - DireBear
18 - PRO - OL Nicholas Waller - Dover, DE - Dan O’Mac
19 - MTL (via OTT) - LB Sebastian Andrews - Montreal, QC - Sevsdast
20 - LOU (via BUF) - WR Tony Albano - Brooklyn, NY - Rugrat 

Round 3
The third round was where things started to fall off a bit. The most notable pick was Indiana grabbing QB Stanley Troyer to hopefully grow behind Duane Logan. Montreal would also grab RB Tobias Graves with the 27th pick via the earlier Long Island trade. Graves seems to have a mean streak about him that had other teams avoiding him. 

As the round was coming to a close, there was a fifth trade where the Raiders grabbed the 28th pick from the Tigers in exchange for RB Timothy Weeks. Weeks comes full circle, returning to the team he started his career with the Tigers. The Raiders would take WR Wilson Queensgate with the pick that was originally a Gold Stars pick.  

Round 3 Summary
21 - LOU - DL Theo Conte - Oyster Bay, NY - Darknes
22 - MTL - OL Ivan Zamora - Worcester, MA - ZO82
23 - LDN - LB Harvey Phillips - Waterloo, ON - Rugrat
24 - IND - QB Stanley Troyer - Benton Harbor, MI - TigersFan93
25 - BOS - DL Vic Harper - Hartford, CT - Dan O’Mac
26 - WOR - WR Trig Jegman - Columbus, OH - ZO82
27 - MTL (via LI) - RB Tobias Graves - Shirley, MA - Darknes
28 - LI (via PRO) - WR Wilson Queensgate - Queens, NY - Darknes
29 - OTT - OL Jack Workman - Brooklyn, NY - ZO82
30 - LOU - OL Byron Foster - Lexington, KY - Rugrat

4th Round
The Tigers would get another TE in the 4th round with Tanner Tint dropping back to 33rd from a projected 22nd overall. Buffalo would also take the 4th QB of the draft in Sammy Townsend to compete with Randy Sellers for the future of the club. Then, the Blue Wings would finish off the draft by taking another LB in James MacPhail.  

Round 4 Summary
31 - BOS (via LOU) - S Clancy Scott - Oceanside, NY - Rugrat
32 - MTL - OL Quinton Hanberg - Montreal, QC - Wallflower
33 - LDN - TE Tanner Tint - Fort Wayne, IN - Thehealthiestscratch
34 - IND - DB Mario Ge - Lexington, KY - Sevsdast
35 - BUF (via BOS) - QB Sammy Townsend - Cleveland, OH - Rugrat
36 - WOR - OL Steven Michaels - Peterborough, ON - Wallflower
37 - LI - LB Deon Wiggins - Hempstead, NY - Captain Mort 3D
38 - PRO - DL Perry Karl - Springfield, MA - Rugrat
39 - OTT - DL Howard Grant - London, ON - Rugrat
40 - BUF - LB James MacPhail - Huntington, NY - Rugrat 

Undrafted Prospects
OL Benny Germain - Cincinnati, OH - Rugrat
TE Bob Friesen - Uniondale, NY - Rugrat
DB Howard Janney - Springfield, MA - Rugrat
RB David Bass - Chicago, IL - Rugrat
WR Bill Phillips - London, ON - Rugrat
K Ross Poindexter - Fort Wayne, IN - TigersFan93 

10/07/2020 5:47 pm  #895

Happy to see my prospect selected in round 2, I’ll look forward to see what my prospect will do in Montreal! Btw Wallflower, what is the Rouge’s current depth chart in the linebacker position?

Owner of the Indiana Cardinals (2005 AltBA Champions) the owner of the Memphis Kings, and new owner of the Milwaukee Mallards! #HoosierBirds #KingUp #QuackQuack

10/07/2020 6:11 pm  #896

Sevsdast wrote:

Happy to see my prospect selected in round 2, I’ll look forward to see what my prospect will do in Montreal! Btw Wallflower, what is the Rouge’s current depth chart in the linebacker position?

Before any changes of the free agency it is
Sam Fitzroy
Liam O'Brien
Sebastian Andrews
Eoghan Collins
Patrick Terry

Tbh Fitzroy is the only true starter on the team, there's a big gap between him and O'Brien and Andrews.

10/07/2020 7:04 pm  #897

Nice end to the draft. I wish more of my guys were picked though...

10/07/2020 7:13 pm  #898

Rugrat wrote:

I will point out that you did have the most players picked out of everyone with 9.

10/07/2020 7:22 pm  #899

Wallflower wrote:

Rugrat wrote:

I will point out that you did have the most players picked out of everyone with 9.

Yessir!

10/08/2020 8:34 am  #900

With Nicholas Waller going to Providence, that's my first player that I've submitted that was drafted by my favorite team.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

Board footera