Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/09/2020 6:00 pm  #661

Re: North American Association of Football - NAAF

Rugrat wrote:

I like the new format a lot and 1-0 11 more wins to go hopefully

Ottawa's ready to go again, they'll be tough to beat. They just gotta watch the injuries on the line.

Captain Mort 3D wrote:

I like the new format and makes it an easier read with the score summary apart of the game summary. Also disappointing first game for my Gold Stars with that brutal second half. Hopefully the easier match up against Montreal can get the team back on the winning path.

It's a tough game, but Worcester seems to be a whole step ahead of the New England Division and could be just a tough to beat as Ottawa.

MyTeamIsDr.Pepper wrote:

Lynch and Brazeau? Man that sucks. It's going to be a rough season isn't it. 
I'll third the comments about the new format, it's really nice!

It's going to be a tough season for the Tigers. With injuries and an unproven QB, not to mention a really tough schedule. They have Ottawa and Buffalo in 4 of 5 games to look forward to.

Glad everyone likes the scoring summary! I think it will allow for easier access to each game for everyone.

Also I thought I would drop my own predictions for this season, I started doing it last season just to see how close I could get. (Long Island really screwed that up last year).

Wally Flowers' Prediction
NORTH
Ottawa 8-2 y
Buffalo 7-3 x
Ontario 3-7
Montreal 0-10

NEW ENGLAND
Worcester 8-2 y
Providence 6-4 x
Long Island 4-6
Boston 4-6

Playoffs
BUF beats OTT
WOR beats PRO

McCallister Cup
WOR beats BUF

8/09/2020 6:06 pm  #662

I think it's also a bad year to be terrible for Montreal especially since two new expansion clubs are coming in. So they might not even get the first overall pick in the draft. Expansion years are a weird thing to behold. I hope Boston surprises people, but I hope they temper their expectations

8/09/2020 6:45 pm  #663

Darknes wrote:

I think it's also a bad year to be terrible for Montreal especially since two new expansion clubs are coming in. So they might not even get the first overall pick in the draft. Expansion years are a weird thing to behold. I hope Boston surprises people, but I hope they temper their expectations

Unfortunately for Montreal, former HC/GM Guy Clarke was trying his best to hold on to a competitive team and try and rebuild within one offseason, but it blew up putting them in a much much worse place this year.
Boston in contrast, understood the process of growing the youth and are in a strong place already to be competitive within the next few seasons.

8/09/2020 6:59 pm  #664

Wallflower wrote:

Darknes wrote:

Unfortunately for Montreal, former HC/GM Guy Clarke was trying his best to hold on to a competitive team and try and rebuild within one offseason, but it blew up putting them in a much much worse place this year.
Boston in contrast, understood the process of growing the youth and are in a strong place already to be competitive within the next few seasons.

Montreal looks screwed even with Mallard- White in the backfield. They should trade Marchal for some picks. Boston looks like a team that could improve this year

8/09/2020 7:34 pm  #665

Montreal looks like a team I’ll no longer cheer for within two years. Tell me what color I’ll be wearing #58 in next, Rusty! (Sucks because MTL just got Clyde Dale)

It’s scary that they were so bad last year, but still got a POW twice.

8/09/2020 8:00 pm  #666

Rugrat wrote:

Wallflower wrote:

Darknes wrote:

Montreal looks screwed even with Mallard- White in the backfield. They should trade Marchal for some picks. Boston looks like a team that could improve this year

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Montreal looks like a team I’ll no longer cheer for within two years. Tell me what color I’ll be wearing #58 in next, Rusty! (Sucks because MTL just got Clyde Dale)

It’s scary that they were so bad last year, but still got a POW twice.

I'm thinking Montreal will likely wait until the offseason to make both of these moves (if they happen), because the expansion teams will likely open up the market. Right now most teams have their running backs and they aren't going to be wanting to give up much for an aging Marchal, and they will likely wanna hold on to McVee if they can, but the market will be bigger in the offseason for sure. 

8/10/2020 3:31 pm  #667

1956 Week 2

Worcester Athletics - 34, Ontario Tigers - 10 - Worcester Stadium - July 20, 1956 - 7 PM ET
1st - CBS
7-0 WOR - TD WR Christian Venegas
14-0 WOR - TD RB Marcus Devonshire
2nd
17-0 WOR - FG K Tevoris Francis
24-0 WOR - TD WR Clyde McIntosh
3rd
27-0 WOR - FG K Tevoris Francis
4th
27-3 ON - FG K Nathaniel King
34-3 WOR - TD RB Marcus Devonshire
34-10 ON - TD RB Clifford Russell 

Worcester honoured Richard Paul with a moment of silence prior to the game
QB Riley Kiernan continued his hot start give Worcester a 24-0 lead at halftime
DB Lester Murphy would get 1 of 3 interceptions for the Athletics en route to the team’s win
Injuries continued to haunt Ontario with DB Jess Scott leaving the game early on
QB Christian Stewart was still adjusting to the starting role and couldn’t get much until the final quarter. 

Montreal Rouge - 31, Providence Gold Stars - 23 - Mount Royals Stadium - July 21, 1956 - 1 PM ET - CBC
1st
7-0 MTL - TD RB Élisée Marchal
14-0 MTL - TD DB Quentin Xavier
14-3 PRO - FG K Bernard Barnett
2nd
17-3 MTL - FG K Arthur Kettinger
17-10 PRO - TD WR Willard Brooks
3rd
24-10 MTL - TD RB Élisée Marchal
24-17 PRO - TD WR Peter Brooks
31-17 MTL - TD RB Scott Mallard-White
4th
31-23 PRO - TD RB Johnnie Stafford 

Montreal shocked the Gold Stars with the RB combo of Marchal and Mallard-White exploding for a combined 3 touchdowns and 213 rushing yards.
DB Quentin Xavier had a great week with a pair of interceptions and a touchdown, and QB Bruce Woodard earned a win in his first match against his former team
Providence struggled to move the ball and QB Connor O’Rourke seemed a bit flustered on the field leading to several turnovers. 

Boston Independents - 6, Buffalo Blue Wings - 20 - Buffalo Civic Stadium - July 21, 1956 - 4 PM ET
1st
0-3 BUF - FG K Donald Brewer
0-6 BUF - FG K Donald Brewer
2nd
0-13 BUF - TD RB Arthur Conner
3rd
3-13 BOS - K Johnnie Berg
3-20 BUF - TD RB Arthur Conner
4th
6-20 BOS - K Johnnie Berg 

Buffalo controlled the game from the start, Boston’s offense didn’t have anything in the first half.
RB Arthur Conner is looking to continue his MVP bid with another game-winning performance. 

Long Island Raiders - 14, Ottawa Royals - 24 - Long Island Stadium - July 22, 1956 - 3 PM ET
1st
0-7 OTT - TD WR Chester Bennett
2nd
0-10 OTT - FG K Maurice Lafayette
7-10 LI - TD RB Timothy Weeks
7-17 OTT - TD RB Alexei Volkov
3rd
4th
7-24 OTT - TD WR Chester Bennett
14-24 LI - TD WR Travis Gallagher 

The rematch of the McCallister Cup
Ottawa would lose WR Allen Atkins to injury but WR Chester Bennett would come through with a big game
Long Island wasn’t bad, but could not keep up with the Royals offense in this one.  

Injury Report
TE Richard Stewart BOS - Day-to-Day
WR Darryl Duke LI - Day-to-Day
TE Eli Grant MTL - Day-to-Day
DB Jesse Scott ON - 2 Weeks
WR Allen Atkins OTT - 3 Weeks 

Players of the Week

OFF: WR Chester Bennett OTT - 2 Receiving Touchdowns, 98 Receiving Yards

DEF: DB Quentin Xavier MTL - 2 Interceptions, 1 Touchdown, 6 Tackles

Standings
NORTH
Ottawa 2-0
Buffalo 2-0
Montreal 1-1
Ontario 0-2

NEW ENGLAND
Worcester 2-0
Boston 1-1
Long Island 0-2
Providence 0-2

Power Rankings
1 - Ottawa -
2 - Worcester -
3 - Buffalo -
4 - Boston +1
5 - Long Island +1
6 - Montreal +2
7 - Providence -3
8 - Ontario -1

Week 3 Games
MTL (1-1) @ WOR (2-0) - JUL 27 - 7 PM ET
BOS (1-1) @ OTT (2-0) - JUL 28 - 1 PM ET - CBC
BUF (2-0) @ PRO (0-2) - JUL 28 - 4 PM ET - CBS
ON (0-2) @ LI (0-2) - JUL 29 - 3 PM ET - CBS

8/10/2020 5:23 pm  #668

Still Unbeaten! I see you Buffalo but we’re basically your daddy in big games

8/10/2020 7:15 pm  #669

Montreal should focus on the run game with there two-headed monster, It will help Woodard in the passing game by having the defense respecting the run.

8/10/2020 10:50 pm  #670

Man Montreal coming out of nowhere and smacking my Gold Stars around like it’s nothing. Such disappointment but it’s has become the norm for us fans. Also Ontario looking like the 0-10 team while Montreal played like they could make the playoffs.

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?

Board footera