Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/25/2020 2:27 pm  #481

Re: North American Association of Football - NAAF

Rugrat wrote:

Shouldn’t be the 1955 McAlister Cup host vote and not 1954?

Ah yes, thanks for the catch buddy.

Last edited by Wallflower (6/25/2020 2:28 pm)

6/29/2020 12:15 pm  #482

1954 NAAF Awards

Most Valuable Player - WR Allen Atkins OTT

Another close vote between Atkins and Bowen, but Atkins will finally take home some more hardware, after being a constant runner-up in the first 6 seasons of the NAAF. There’s no denying the WR is the best to ever play and he made his importance this season with the impact he made in an injury-shortened season. He was still able to tie the league lead in receiving touchdowns and lead in receiving yards. To make another point Ottawa was 0-2 without Atkins and with playoffs included 8-2 with him. He clearly is valuable to the Royals. 

Playoff MVP - WR Allen Atkins OTT
Atkins was a huge piece in the Royals' success and was able to score 5 touchdowns just two playoff games. Without the superstar, Ottawa might have been going home early once again. 

Offensive Player of the Year - QB Jean Matieau OTT
Ottawa takes another award home, but you can’t deny the abilities of Jean Matieau who has led the league in passing stats for the past 3 seasons. Nothing changed this year and with another strong season under his belt, Matieau is quickly solidifying himself as a true superstar.  

Defensive Player of the Year - DL Sean Bowen BUF
Bowen was the clear winner in the DPOTY vote, earning 75% of the votes. Bowen was traded to the Blue Wings this offseason and quickly made a huge impact. Without having to carry the defense on his back, Bowen was able to get more comfortable and make bigger plays and be an even bigger monster on the field. A great year for a great defender who will only keep Buffalo in contention. 

Special Teams Player of the Year - K Donald Brewer BUF
Brewer had a slow start to his career in Buffalo, but after a couple of years of improvement, he has earned the honour of STPOTY. Brewer was on point for every kick this season leading the way in field goals and 3rd in extra points. The Blue Wings have to thank Brewer for a lot of the points they scored this season. 

Rookie of the Year  - DB Alexander Bradley WOR
There was no challenge for the rookie of the year award. The second overall pick made an immediate impact on the field leading the league in interceptions in his first season. The interceptions earned him a DPOTY nomination as well. Bradley is one of the most talented rookies to come out of the draft and many expect him to continue his success in the future.  

Coach of the Year - Emil Riddle WOR
The first-year NAAF coach was quickly a great addition for the Athletics who went from a 2-8 to 5-5 and narrowly missing the playoffs. Riddle was able to get the Athletics moving in the right direction and they are already looking like a top contender next season. 

Breakout Player of the Year - QB Riley Kiernan WOR
Kiernan had some years to get better, but as soon as Kiernan got going he made a huge impact. He had 23 passing touchdowns, which was 2nd to Matieau. Kiernan looks to be a top tier QB for the next few years and the perfect leader for the Athletics. 

1954 All-Stars
Offense:
QB Jean Matieau OTT (2)
RB 
Élisée Marchal MTL (6)
OL Andrew Furrson BOS (5)
OL Casey York BUF (5)
OL Eugésippe Chalifoux MTL (2)
OL
Cliff Strautzenberger WOR (1)
OL James Knowles OTT (6)
WR Allen Atkins OTT (6)
WR Christian Venegas WOR (1)
WR Peter Brooks PRO (4)
TE Jervonte Howell OTT (1)

Defense:
DL Sean Bowen BUF (5)
DL Olaf Viktorsson OTT (1)
DL Zakary Turbide MTL (1) 
DL Craig Newman BOS (2)
LB Scotty Williams WOR (3)
LB Aengus Lynch ON (1)
LB Rusty McVee MTL (1)
DB Alexander Bradley WOR (1)
DB Lee Wolfe PRO (6)
DB Lester Murphy BOS (3)
S Shawn Jensen WOR (1)

Special Teams: 
K Donald Brewer BUF (1)

1955 McCallister Cup Host - Long Island Stadium - Hempstead, NY

Long Island will enter their second season in the NAAF as the host for the championship game. The move makes sense for the league to grow the market in the Big Apple. The stadium is only a few years old which will make for a great location for the McCallister Cup. 

Last edited by Wallflower (6/29/2020 12:15 pm)

6/29/2020 8:16 pm  #483

Despite voting for Bowen, Atkins definitely deserved the MVP award. His playoff run was flat out incredible and it really showed how important he was to the Royals

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?

6/30/2020 12:02 pm  #484

Captain Mort 3D wrote:

Despite voting for Bowen, Atkins definitely deserved the MVP award. His playoff run was flat out incredible and it really showed how important he was to the Royals

The vote did end in a tie, and I had to be the one to break it between Bowen and Atkins, I just felt Atkins had been robbed of several awards already and this season was fantastic despite the injury.

NAAF Scouting!

That time of year again everyone. Nothing has changed about the format this year, just keep things realistic as normal. I currently have 20 prospects so plenty of room still. 

The current amount of player per position
QB - 2
RB - 2
OL - 1
WR - 4
TE - 0
DL - 3
LB - 7
DB - 0
S - 1
*I may move some players into different positions if one gets overcrowded, I will try to give them similar positions that would work for the player. 
DB, OL are my biggest needs at the moment, LB is clearly the least needed.

SCOUTING REPORTS
As usually mentioned the report is also linked in the opening post, so you don't have to go back to find this post. 

6/30/2020 1:22 pm  #485

Threw some OL your way, I'm going to give you some DBs as well

7/01/2020 4:53 pm  #486

Came in with the most I ever have for you! 3.... Mr. Roy doesn’t get around too fast so he never really provides much.

7/01/2020 5:03 pm  #487

Thanks for the prospects everyone!
We are currently at 35 for this years' draft which stacks out like so for the positions
QB - 4
RB - 2
OL - 4
WR - 4
TE - 2
DL - 3
LB - 9 *Definitely will make cuts in this position
DB - 5
S - 2

Would say an extra DL or OL maybe even a RB would be good, and I might move a LB to DL as well.
I hope to have some more stuff up tomorrow at some point (no promises), I still have lots to get done this offseason and have had a surprisingly busy week. 

Also HAPPY CANADA DAY to my fellow Canadians out here! 

7/01/2020 5:12 pm  #488

Shoot I thought you were listing what you needed!

If you want.
Armando to RB... you’d see why with the description
Ollie can be DL
Dustin can go CB or S like I actually said in the report

7/01/2020 6:10 pm  #489

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Shoot I thought you were listing what you needed!

If you want.
Armando to RB... you’d see why with the description
Ollie can be DL
Dustin can go CB or S like I actually said in the report

Sweet! That should help balance it out, thanks!

7/01/2020 6:26 pm  #490

I also threw a RB and a DL in as well.

Board footera