Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/03/2020 6:44 pm  #391

Re: North American Association of Football - NAAF

I like that back to back years one of my RB’s got selected with the last pick! Let’s hope I can do it again next year #3-peat. Also, just a question for Wallflower, when making prospects could we make one or two that are intended to be undrafted if that makes any sense? Like they aren’t talented enough or have issues that in real life would make it tough for them to be drafted?

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?

6/03/2020 6:59 pm  #392

Barry has been scouting hard this season.

6/03/2020 9:51 pm  #393

Captain Mort 3D wrote:

I like that back to back years one of my RB’s got selected with the last pick! Let’s hope I can do it again next year #3-peat. Also, just a question for Wallflower, when making prospects could we make one or two that are intended to be undrafted if that makes any sense? Like they aren’t talented enough or have issues that in real life would make it tough for them to be drafted?

I mean there are several prospects that don't get drafted each year, but I think it would be totally okay if you wanted to make note of that. I was thinking about adding the ability to select about where a player would go, but I feel like that would cause more issues with expectations and if I need to balance things, but undrafted is totally cool.

I will say the issue with a smaller league is there are less spots available at each position and like QB's of course will be a given every year, but there are only 16 spots on Active Rosters (much like TE, RB, and S) so teams will not always want to select them. Obviously that will change as more teams are added. This is also a reason both Eli Grant and Johann Traeger have gone later, because the TE position is not a vital one. 

6/03/2020 9:53 pm  #394

ZO82 wrote:

I was pleasantly surprised to see the load of prospects you provided! There are still 6 more that I kept for next year.

6/03/2020 11:54 pm  #395

Wallflower wrote:

ZO82 wrote:

I was pleasantly surprised to see the load of prospects you provided! There are still 6 more that I kept for next year.

Just helping out

Also, I love how Ontario is building their already strong O-line in this draft

Last edited by ZO82 (6/04/2020 12:05 am)

6/04/2020 12:25 am  #396

Was kinda busy during the week up to the draft and didn't have as many solid "Character Concepts" so it was a slow year for Lawrence. 

Plus I finally got a QB of my own design onto the Independents..even though I feel it's gonna be a sobering year for them. 

Last edited by Darknes (6/04/2020 12:27 am)

6/04/2020 4:55 pm  #397

1954 Re-Sign Stage

Worcester Secures Their Future
Worcester Athletics

The Athletics made it certain that LB Scotty Williams and QB Riley Kiernan are the faces of the franchise and extended the players to identical 6-year contracts. The first two years will be worth $28,000, followed by $30,000 the next two, before $32,000 in the final two seasons. This will make both players the highest paid in the league at their respective positions. They also extended S Shawn Jensen to a 4-year deal with an average salary of $18,000.  

Buffalo Keeps Medina and Conner for 4 More Years
Buffalo Blue Wings

Medina signed a 4-year deal starting at $26,000 but will go up to $28,000 by the final year. Much like Medina Conner has a 4-year deal that increases over the years starting at $25,000 and ending at $27,000. Buffalo has put a lot of faith into the two players and they hope they can bring them back to the top of the NAAF. Medina will have concerns about health after missing the second half of this past season.  

Providence Making More Moves
Providence Gold Stars

Bruce Woodard is sticking around for another season, so the team has cut QB Brian Meadows to make way for QB Conner O’Rourke to back up Woodard this season. The team also made a huge signing in DB Lee Wolfe for another 3-years at $28,000 a season. The big surprise, however, is the team releasing RB Gene Fischer after 5 years with him behind the QB. They could be looking to target either, RB Ellis Love, RB Johnnie Stafford, or bring up their prospects they drafted last season. 

Other Major Signings:
WR Ethan Walters BOS - 2Y, $14,000
TE Richard Stewart BOS - 4Y, $16,000
OL Ronnie Elliot BUF - 5Y, $15,000
DB Slay Mitchell LI - 5Y, $19,000
WR Robert Lang LI - 4Y, $17,500
LB Quinton Brewer MTL - 2Y, $21,000
QB Andrew Glover MTL - 2Y, $17,000
LB Aengus Lynch ON - 6Y, $19,000
WR Wilbert Benjamin ON - 4Y, $19,000
WR Allen Atkins OTT - 2Y, $27,000 +1 Option $20,000
RB Alexei Volkov OTT - 4Y, $18,000
WR John Osborn PRO - 2Y, $16,500 

Last edited by Wallflower (6/05/2020 2:55 pm)

6/04/2020 5:06 pm  #398

Hopefully Providence has the core to get it done in the near future. The 50s is around when most leagues began shifting away from smaller markets (Rochester and Syracuse in the NBA), so will the NAAF begin this process or is it more likely that smaller markets like Providence stick around? 

6/04/2020 5:43 pm  #399

QCS wrote:

Hopefully Providence has the core to get it done in the near future. The 50s is around when most leagues began shifting away from smaller markets (Rochester and Syracuse in the NBA), so will the NAAF begin this process or is it more likely that smaller markets like Providence stick around? 

It is possible for a team or two to move out of the smaller markets, but it won't be so much planned as the NAAF would love to maintain the markets they have, especially in competing with the Atlantic Coast Football League. The reality is Providence is the 5th largest market and they have the largest Stadium currently which opened in 1946. They do a good job filling it and the fans are super passionate, which will likely keep the team in the city for a long time. 

I think in general I have enjoyed going to more obscure markets. Kitchener and Worcester are prime examples, even the Hawks going to Long Island rather than downtown NYC. So I will likely want to keep a few of those around, but only time will tell if teams can maintain their success within their respective markets.

6/04/2020 5:49 pm  #400

Wallflower wrote:

QCS wrote:

It is possible for a team or two to move out of the smaller markets, but it won't be so much planned as the NAAF would love to maintain the markets they have, especially in competing with the Atlantic Coast Football League. The reality is Providence is the 5th largest market and they have the largest Stadium currently which opened in 1946. They do a good job filling it and the fans are super passionate, which will likely keep the team in the city for a long time. 

I think in general I have enjoyed going to more obscure markets. Kitchener and Worcester are prime examples, even the Hawks going to Long Island rather than downtown NYC. So I will likely want to keep a few of those around, but only time will tell if teams can maintain their success within their respective markets.

I'm glad to hear it. I like seeing smaller markets get a chance, but it seems like Worcester specifically would be in danger because of Boston right nearby. Are you planning on keeping the league in the Northeast region or will this become a national thing? (Forgive me if this is a little too aggressive or you don't want to answer, I'm just curious to see where the league is heading.)

Board footera