Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/28/2020 1:16 pm  #361

Re: North American Association of Football - NAAF

Scouting Reports Reopening

PLEASE READ BEFORE DOING THE FORM 

Heading into the 3rd season of scouting, I have loved this so far, just wanted to make some notes on what's working well and some pointers to make the process easier.  First, I love a lot of the detail that people are putting into their prospects and I don’t want that to go away, especially the more unique stories and history the player has, its perfect. I will make the note to keep the number of different traits and styles to about 2-4 because then all the players begin to become similar instead of unique. The other helpful thing is to give players at least 1-2 weaknesses or things they still need to improve, just makes it more realistic. I have usually cut down those traits or added weaknesses myself to simplify it a bit when I prepare the prospects for the draft. Keep in mind too that I have to manage over 300 players in this so of course details will still be lost for sure, but I will do my best to keep up with it.  

An example is for QB’s being a Mobile QB, with a strong arm, and is super accurate is kinda boring since that is just the best, picking two of those at most is probably best and the rest of the positions work the same. Let’s not have a bunch of big and strong yet speedy and elusive running backs. Obviously I will make the adjustments where I feel as well.  

Once again I have added a question to input a preferred number for the player, you can put in multiple for 2nd and 3rd choices if you wish, but one is perfectly fine. As well to clear up the last question where I ask for your scout’s name, I’ve now split that into 2 where you give the name and the username as well. If you submit multiple prospects, then you can just answer one of them (either scout name or username) and I will pair that up with the rest that you submit.  

The most needed positions are mainly DEFENSE! The last draft was very offensive heavy, so I need much more defense. DL, LB, DBs! Even a Safety or two is great. Offensive players are still welcome. Also, I may save some for next year as I already have a lot of prospects this season. 

SCOUTING REPORT
*This is also linked in the first post if you need to go to it*

5/28/2020 4:55 pm  #362

1954 News and Changes

The Hawks are Sold to the League
Hartford Hawks

Jonathan Sampson has been struggling with the Hawks for the past couple of seasons and has finally sold the team back to the league. The team was losing money over the past season and was unable to pay some player’s full salary. The league stepped in to fill the need, but issues were brewing between players and the front office that only added to the turmoil. Which will only negatively affect the team and the league in the future. The team lows in attendance only made the issues worse. The attendance issues were not convincing the city that it would be good to invest in another new stadium. The stress and problems only took a toll on the league’s youngest owner who had only been in the role since 1945 and is responsible for the team’s renaming to the Hawks. Sampson hopes the team can stay afloat but will be moving away from football. The league will be looking to find an owner in Hartford for the next season with a 1-year lease left on Arnold H. Bensen Park. They are open to other possibilities as well, but there is a desire to keep the Hawks in Hartford.  

Boston’s Transition to New Ownership
Boston Independents
Owner Glen Harris (80) is transitioning completely away from the main operations of the Independents. His son, Benjamin Harris (55), will fully take over the usual duties of ownership. Glen will remain the owner by name till he passes, but his son who had slowly been taking on more and more, over the past few years will officially take over this season. 

New Stadium in Ottawa
Ottawa Royals

The Royals have announced that construction on a new stadium not too far south of the current location will begin construction come the spring. The new building will be closer in size to Mount Royal Stadium in Montreal at around 45,000. The new location is right across from Carleton University and will share the stadium with the university. A new name has yet to be decided, the announcement will likely come next year. Royals Owner, Laura McNeil, hopes the stadium will be ready to go for the 1955 season but will be patient and push it back to the ‘56 season if they must.  

5/28/2020 5:03 pm  #363

Whatever happens with hawks whether they stay in Hartford or not for next season I’m just hoping they can play next year.

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?

5/28/2020 5:26 pm  #364

Captain Mort 3D wrote:

Whatever happens with hawks whether they stay in Hartford or not for next season I’m just hoping they can play next year.

The league should be able to keep them going for this season, but likely it won't go much past that without new ownership, the other struggle is just keeping the players on the team. 

For the scouting, I definitely need a couple more WRs at the moment.

Last edited by Wallflower (5/28/2020 6:24 pm)

5/28/2020 6:14 pm  #365

Threw one in there for you

5/28/2020 7:44 pm  #366

Added a WR and a QB for the scouting.

5/28/2020 9:12 pm  #367

Added a WR.

Also, I love trying to find unique towns/cities I can use for these prospects. Hence Cliff Strautzenberger was from Cheesequake, New Jersey.

Last edited by Dan O'Mac (5/28/2020 9:20 pm)

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

5/28/2020 9:52 pm  #368

Submitted some prospects more on the way

5/29/2020 1:13 am  #369

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Added a WR.

Also, I love trying to find unique towns/cities I can use for these prospects. Hence Cliff Strautzenberger was from Cheesequake, New Jersey.

Those have been interesting to see, and I've had to double-check a few just to see if they are actual places and even where they are. I'm really happy with the diversity of the towns and city selection that we get. Overall most still come from big cities (which is perfect and realistic) while you get the oddballs too which is even better.

Thanks everyone! We have 46 prospects right now so I will likely cut a few and save for an upcoming draft, and so I will likely make the cut off now for this year's draft, once again I keep it open all season, so if you have an idea feel free to submit, but you can also save some for next year.
Also, its all good, but don't feel the need to have to let me know if you added player, I am pretty much monitoring it all day, so I see it pretty quickly. Anyways, still a huge shoutout to those who have been having fun with this and helping me out!

5/29/2020 1:23 am  #370

Wallflower wrote:

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Added a WR.

Those have been interesting to see, and I've had to double-check a few just to see if they are actual places and even where they are. I'm really happy with the diversity of the towns and city selection that we get. Overall most still come from big cities (which is perfect and realistic) while you get the oddballs too which is even better.

Thanks everyone! We have 46 prospects right now so I will likely cut a few and save for an upcoming draft, and so I will likely make the cut off now for this year's draft, once again I keep it open all season, so if you have an idea feel free to submit, but you can also save some for next year.
Also, its all good, but don't feel the need to have to let me know if you added player, I am pretty much monitoring it all day, so I see it pretty quickly. Anyways, still a huge shoutout to those who have been having fun with this and helping me out!

Yeah the ones you cut for this year can be saved for next year. Maybe those guys stay for their senior year of college?

Board footera