Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/24/2020 10:37 pm  #341

Re: North American Association of Football - NAAF

Let's go for Back-2-Back

5/25/2020 2:34 pm  #342

1953 NAAF Award Nominations 

MVP
LB Quinton Brewer MTL
Quinton Brewer continued to show that he still has what it takes to compete at the top level. Brewer still led the league in tackles this season and made it tough for any team to move the ball both through the air and on the ground. He had several forced fumbles throughout the season as well as a pair of interceptions which is less common for Linebackers in the NAAF. While Marchal could have gotten the nod here, Montreal’s lifeline was their defense, and Brewer is the top dog. 2 Player of the Week Nods. 

QB Bruce Woodard PRO
The resurgent QB who people thought might be leaving after the Gold Stars took Connor O’Rourke in the first round, came alive this season to lead the Gold Stars to a 9-1 record. Woodard passed for 24 touchdowns, second only to Matieau’s 27. He also played the equivalent of nine games resting in parts of the final games this season. Woodard who is already 36, surprised the league with his performance this season and could earn his first award. He also earned a league-high 3 Player of the Week nods. 

DB Lee Wolfe PRO
The defensive back has always kept his name in the pool of MVP picks, but with the way the defense and team played this season, Wolfe is a favourite to finally give the defense an MVP award. Wolfe beat his Interception total from last season with 10 and had a touchdown as well. Wolfe also led the league in knockdowns this season. Wolfe is one of the best to play the game at his position and certainly deserves the honour. 2 Player of the Week Nods. 

Offensive Player of the Year
RB Élisée Marchal MTL - 19 Rushing Touchdowns (1st), Led in Rushing Yards as well, 2 POTW
Marchal continues to be the centerpiece of the Rouge offense and keeps delivering high numbers.
QB Jean Matieau OTT - 27 Passing Touchdowns (1st), Led in Passing Yards, 2 POTW
Not quite as impressive as his first season as a starter, but Matieau still led the way for QBs.
WR Allen Atkins OTT - 14 Receiving Touchdowns (1st), 2nd in Receiving Yards, 1 POTW
Atkins continues to be the top dog at the WR position, but he was competing with WR Peter Brooks out of PRO for this spot, but the WR still deserves to win this award with yet another great season.
QB Bruce Woodard PRO - 24 Passing Touchdowns (2nd), 2nd in Passing Yards, 3 POTW 

Defensive Player of the Year
LB Quinton Brewer MTL - 2 Interceptions, 4 Forced Fumbles, Led the league in Tackles, 2 POTW
DB Lee Wolfe PRO - 10 Interceptions (1st), 1 Touchdown, Led the league in Knockdowns, 2 POTW

DB Victor Bean PRO - 7 Interceptions (2nd), 1 Touchdown, 3rd in the league in Knockdowns, 1 POTW
Bean gets overlooked because of Wolfe but he had as good as a season as ever and would be the top guy on any other team.
LB Scotty Williams WOR - 3 Forced Fumbles, 2nd in the league in Tackles, 2 POTW
Williams was a force for the Athletics and he will soon become the Quinton Brewer of his age, it shows already with a great second season. 

Special Teams Player of the Year
K Thomas McFadden HAR - 16 Field Goals (T-1st)
McFadden was still a main scorer for the Hawks and could earn his 4th award.
K Arthur Kettinger MTL - 16 Field Goals (T-1st) *Rookie
Kettinger helped the Rouge a lot this season, the 4th round pick is a shock to many people, but Montreal loves him already
K Bernard Barnett PRO - 13 Field Goals (4th)
Barnett was reliable for the Gold Stars when they needed him and didn’t have the production like the other kickers, but was just as important 

Rookie of the Year
K Arthur Kettinger MTL - 16 Field Goals (T-1st)
Kettinger tied for the league lead in field goals this season and rarely had a bad kick. He far surpassed the other kicker taken in the draft this season in Ottawa’s Maurice Lafayette.
LB Rusty McVee MTL - 1 Touchdown, 3 Sacks, 1 Forced Fumble
McVee certainly made his presence known this season, the 4th overall is many people’s favourite to win this one. 
OL Cliff Strautzenberger WOR - Best blocker among the rookie linemen, was able to give RB Jacque Montier space to score career highs in rushing yards as well as touchdowns (6).
Strautzenberger was fantastic in his first season and only looks to get better for the Athletics. 

Coach of the Year
Guy Clarke MTL - Won the award in ‘51, Record: 8-2, Clarke was able to lead a Montreal team once again led by an inexperienced QB and bring them back to the playoffs at an 8-2 record.
Perry Powell PRO - Record: 9-1. The quick turnaround in his second season at the helm, Powell took the Gold Stars to new highs this season with an 8-0 start and 9-1 record. 
Otis Ward OTT - Record: 7-3. Another 7-3 season, Ward had a rough patch midseason but kept the Royals going as they won their final 4 games to make the playoffs.  

Breakout Player of the Year
WR Robert Lang HAR - 5 Receiving Touchdowns, led the Hawks in receiving yards
Lang has slowly grown into a decent WR, that is a deep threat. This season with Lee Rogers, Lang was able to get into space and make some big plays happen.
DB Uzzia Hayes OTT - 3 Interceptions
Hayes was able to give Ottawa some solid defense in the secondary as he has been, but it became most notable in the latter half of the season when the team needed to turn things around quickly
WR John Osborn PRO - 8 Receiving Touchdowns
Osborn was almost nominated for this award last year, but he became a big part of the Gold Star offense after being traded from Ottawa. Osborn should be a solid 2nd or 3rd option in the long run. 

1954 McCallister Cup Host
Richardson Stadium - Boston, MA - Capacity: 45,265
Once again the legendary stadium makes another bid to host the big game. The same argument applies from last season, the storied stadium has hosted many games and to see a neutral site game here could be special for the teams involved.
Lansdowne Park - Ottawa, ON - Capacity: 38,500
The city missed out on the vote in 1952, but they are back in what will likely be the final attempt for Lansdowne before either a renovation or a new stadium is put into place in Ottawa. Lansdowne is a historic stadium and to host the championship will only add to the legacy of the stadium and could be a good send-off in its final days. The nomination also announced that Ottawa will still play in the Stadium for the next season or two as they figure out the plan for the future. 
Worcester Stadium - Worcester, MA - Capacity: 38,600
The new stadium is still not the greatest building ever built, the new building still holds up as good as any in the league and would be a great place to host a game in a pretty central location in the New England area.

Possible Crossover Rule
The league is looking for fan opinions on the possibility of a crossover rule that could be implemented next season. This rule would be much like the CFL where the 3rd seed in one division can only crossover if they have a better record than the second-place team in the other division. If they are tied, the 2nd place team will still play in the playoffs.  

*****VOTE HERE*****

5/25/2020 5:44 pm  #343

sevsdast wrote:

Where are the banners?

They will be under each team's updated look just before the 1953 season 

5/25/2020 5:58 pm  #344

sevsdast wrote:

Athletics sig please?

5/25/2020 6:16 pm  #345

sevsdast wrote:

When is the next expansion?

I've answered this a couple times, expansion will be a bit yet likely not until the later '50s.

5/25/2020 8:38 pm  #346

sevsdast wrote:

Could you please do an Ontario sig?

If there are any others they can be found here on the Blogspot, that goes for anyone looking for Sigs. the link is also in the first post. 

5/26/2020 12:11 pm  #347

I feel 100% confident that Wallflower has a plan in place, based on the fact he hasn't asked for any input.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

5/26/2020 12:51 pm  #348

sevsdast wrote:

Hartford should move to Philadelphia to become the revolution. Hartford’s university’s athletics nickname is the Hawks as well.

Hey, I love the ambition and excitement you have. Just keep in mind that these are all someone's projects, like Dan O'Mac says, I got a plan and if I need suggestions I will certainly ask for such. I also use polls and forms so the thread isn't loaded with all the suggestions. 

Also, I honestly have no clue about most colleges unless they are big as I do not pay that close attention, but thanks for the heads up on the name. This is also an alternate universe and not everything is like it is in our world, there will be repeat names. About Phili as well the city already has a team in the Atlantic Football League that exists (and I will touch on that later today), so a move there is unlikely at the moment. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Also a note for everyone, If there are still people who haven't voted for the awards I will relink it here, its a tight race so far, (PLEASE DO NOT vote again, if you already have). I will release the winners tomorrow, and today I will be doing a special update for the world to give everyone a refresher on what's going on outside of the Hybrid Football world (NAAF) and in the world of Canadian and American Football. The idea was inspired by Captain Mort's question about the Cup and I think its good to refresh people now that we are 5 seasons into this!!!

Awards Vote Bump

5/26/2020 1:25 pm  #349

sevsdast wrote:

Just letting you know because there could be name copyright issues in the future if the hawks stay in Hartford. Good luck with your Arrows too!

Thanks, pumped for the AtlHL.

Also upon some research the University of Hartford was established in 1957, so the college and the team name would not have been taken at this time, 1954. So the University will likely pick a different name in this universe.

5/26/2020 3:27 pm  #350

Wallflower wrote:

sevsdast wrote:

Hartford should move to Philadelphia to become the revolution. Hartford’s university’s athletics nickname is the Hawks as well.

Hey, I love the ambition and excitement you have. Just keep in mind that these are all someone's projects, like Dan O'Mac says, I got a plan and if I need suggestions I will certainly ask for such. I also use polls and forms so the thread isn't loaded with all the suggestions. 

Also, I honestly have no clue about most colleges unless they are big as I do not pay that close attention, but thanks for the heads up on the name. This is also an alternate universe and not everything is like it is in our world, there will be repeat names. About Phili as well the city already has a team in the Atlantic Football League that exists (and I will touch on that later today), so a move there is unlikely at the moment. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Also a note for everyone, If there are still people who haven't voted for the awards I will relink it here, its a tight race so far, (PLEASE DO NOT vote again, if you already have). I will release the winners tomorrow, and today I will be doing a special update for the world to give everyone a refresher on what's going on outside of the Hybrid Football world (NAAF) and in the world of Canadian and American Football. The idea was inspired by Captain Mort's question about the Cup and I think its good to refresh people now that we are 5 seasons into this!!!

Awards Vote Bump

I’m really excited to see how this offseason unfolds and to get a glimpse of the football world as a whole. This offseason could be one for the history books based on what happens with the Hawks.

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?

Board footera