Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/21/2020 9:10 pm  #311

Re: North American Association of Football - NAAF

Of Course Montreal will make the playoffs

5/21/2020 9:41 pm  #312

Boston seems to be in some sort of funk..

5/22/2020 9:07 am  #313

Another regular season in the books, I see! Here's hoping that Ottawa knock off Montreal in the playoffs and maybe even win the McAllister Cup! Also, I was thinking of the scouting report, and does the NCAA exist in this universe, or are all colleges fictional? Anyway, go Royals!

5/22/2020 9:36 am  #314

Slapshot Kirby wrote:

Another regular season in the books, I see! Here's hoping that Ottawa knock off Montreal in the playoffs and maybe even win the McAllister Cup! Also, I was thinking of the scouting report, and does the NCAA exist in this universe, or are all colleges fictional? Anyway, go Royals!

I'm not sure if it's the NCAA as we know it, but I know that with the colleges, when I submitted Strautzenberger for the draft, I put him at Rutgers for college. So I've been looking at it as colleges are the same as real life, but they no longer funnel to the NFL, they go to the NAAF.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

5/22/2020 9:52 am  #315

Slapshot Kirby wrote:

What Dan O'Mac Said is pretty much accurate. All the colleges still exist the same, not going to go to deep into creating new colleges on top of the NAAF. However, I will say that college is not quite as important to telling the story,  which might just be because I don't really pay attention to college sports being from Canada where its not quite as a big a deal. I may even remove the question from the scouting report because I haven't really mentioned them, I typically just go with hometown. Obviously if people want to see college be a bit more included I can look into that for sure. 

Also, I still have to post Week 10 today, I had a busy day yesterday so that will happen today, Playoffs start tomorrow. McCallister Cup on Sunday.

5/22/2020 10:05 am  #316

Oh, my bad! I misread how Ottawa clinched their playoff berth, but your answer does help me if I want to submit a player to be drafted. Thanks once again!

5/22/2020 10:11 am  #317

Slapshot Kirby wrote:

Oh, my bad! I misread how Ottawa clinched their playoff berth, but your answer does help me if I want to submit a player to be drafted. Thanks once again!

All good, all the teams that are in the playoffs are in, so week 10 doesn't have much to tell, but still gotta go through it anyways. Yea don't focus on the college too much, only just keep things in the area that the league is currently in as like the sport isn't as big as like American football in the west. 

Also, I will make a note that I added a question to the report so you can now give your players a preferred number or 2 for when they get on to the team. After the playoffs I will release a list of the positions that I would like more of ahead of the draft, but you can submit now in the original post. 

5/22/2020 10:35 am  #318

Bring the McCallister home Royals!

5/22/2020 3:26 pm  #319

Slapshot Kirby wrote:

For all of Johnny Singleton’s prospects I’ve used real NCAA universities and tried to keep them regional to the NAAF but for a few of my better players I’ve used some of the bigger universities in the country. I usually go to college football reference and look up teams that were D1 schools during the corresponding season and use those for my prospects.

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?

5/22/2020 3:47 pm  #320

Captain Mort 3D wrote:

Slapshot Kirby wrote:

For all of Johnny Singleton’s prospects I’ve used real NCAA universities and tried to keep them regional to the NAAF but for a few of my better players I’ve used some of the bigger universities in the country. I usually go to college football reference and look up teams that were D1 schools during the corresponding season and use those for my prospects.

I'm all about Rutgers, Syracuse and those Ivy League schools

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

Board footera