Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/17/2023 3:34 pm  #2391

Re: North American Association of Football - NAAF

RaysUp wrote:

Wallflower wrote:

RaysUp wrote:

I’m not as concerned about the Mariner’s 1-1 start as I am having back to back weeks of losing starters to injury for multiple weeks…. We gotta stay healthy if we want to even sniff the playoffs. Side note, I’m really digging these new graphics Wallflower.

Oh don't worry Miranda is the backup QB... you'd think the Mariner fan would know that Lyle Painter is the starter.../s

Thanks! I'm glad the new graphics are a hit. 

🤦🏻‍♂️ I wasn’t think when I wrote that out… but now I’m wondering why Miranda saw action, with the game being so close, you’d think that’d be the last thing the OC would want to do is have the backup in there willingly…. I reread the game synopsis and didn’t see anything about Painter having to leave the game… 🤷🏻‍♂️

It's all good. 
Based on the injury system I have in place, backup players have a chance of getting injured, for most positions it makes sense for them to get in on a play or two in a game or on special teams, but I get QBs are the weird ones. It could have been many things:
1 - Practice/training/warm-up injury.
2 - Completely unrelated injury or incident that happened off the field, maybe doing yard work.
3 - In 3-down football, specifically in the real CFL, it is extremely common (like at least 4-5 times a game) for backups to play on short yardage (say 3rd and 1, 3rd and inches), often doing a QB sneak to pick up the first down (I am trying to increase this event in the NAAF). This is typically so the starter doesn't get hurt in the dog pile, so it is also possible the Mariners had gone for it on short and Miranda came up injured on the play. So you are right that there was no reason he would be out there for regular snaps, but he could be out there on specific snaps on a short-yardage unit. 
4 - Or some guy took his head off while he was holding a kick.

4/18/2023 8:20 am  #2392

Wallflower wrote:

RaysUp wrote:

Wallflower wrote:

Oh don't worry Miranda is the backup QB... you'd think the Mariner fan would know that Lyle Painter is the starter.../s

🤦🏻‍♂️ I wasn’t think when I wrote that out… but now I’m wondering why Miranda saw action, with the game being so close, you’d think that’d be the last thing the OC would want to do is have the backup in there willingly…. I reread the game synopsis and didn’t see anything about Painter having to leave the game… 🤷🏻‍♂️

It's all good. 
Based on the injury system I have in place, backup players have a chance of getting injured, for most positions it makes sense for them to get in on a play or two in a game or on special teams, but I get QBs are the weird ones. It could have been many things:
2 - Completely unrelated injury or incident that happened off the field, maybe doing yard work.
3 - In 3-down football, specifically in the real CFL, it is extremely common (like at least 4-5 times a game) for backups to play on short yardage (say 3rd and 1, 3rd and inches), often doing a QB sneak to pick up the first down (I am trying to increase this event in the NAAF). This is typically so the starter doesn't get hurt in the dog pile, so it is also possible the Mariners had gone for it on short and Miranda came up injured on the play. So you are right that there was no reason he would be out there for regular snaps, but he could be out there on specific snaps on a short-yardage unit. 

My theory is that he was hit in the head by an errant pass and got a concussion.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

4/18/2023 12:43 pm  #2393

Wallflower wrote:

RaysUp wrote:

Wallflower wrote:

It's all good. 

Don't forget the last option!
5 - 

4/18/2023 1:38 pm  #2394

I need that laugh guys! Can’t wait for week 3!

4/18/2023 1:53 pm  #2395

as the guy who submitted michael miranda I'm gonna go with 6 - tried to put his helmet on upside down and bonked himself really hard

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

4/18/2023 5:23 pm  #2396

7 - Cried so hard he sprained himself

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

4/20/2023 9:09 pm  #2397

I recall you (Wallflower) stating that Xerxes Wynn was playing semi pro ball while signed to Indiana. My question is, what are the leagues that act as semi pro? And are there any team names for the semi pro leagues?

4/21/2023 12:12 am  #2398

TheEnigmaticOne wrote:

I recall you (Wallflower) stating that Xerxes Wynn was playing semi pro ball while signed to Indiana. My question is, what are the leagues that act as semi pro? And are there any team names for the semi pro leagues?

There was a bigger post about the semi-pro leagues a few seasons ago. You may be able to find it on the Blogspot. Yea, a lot of reserve-listed players will take contracts in semi-pro to help develop their skills, so it's kind of like a farm system, except no affiliations with specific teams. Tho I do not track which teams players play for.

Either way their are two leagues primarily: 

Eastern Canadian Semi-Pro Football League/Ligue de football semi-pro de l'Est du Canada (ECSFL/LFSEC) - a descendant of the original Quebec football league where the Rouge come from and the remains of the OFU that didn't merge with Toronto. 
WEST
Gatineau Rangers
Kitchener Blue Tigers
Longueuil Larks
Montreal Owls
Toronto Brawlers

EAST
Levis Lions
Quebec City Knights (Chevaliers)
Quebec City Rams (Beliers)
Sherbrooke Bulldogs
Trois-Rivieres Voyageurs

New England Semi-Pro Football Championship (NESFC) - A descendent of the NEFC which BOS, PRO, and LI (HAR) came from.
Cambridge Rovers
Lowell Lancers
Manchester Blues
New Bedford Sailors
New Haven Scouts
Portland Gulls
Portsmouth Cannons
Springfield Black Bears

4/22/2023 6:03 pm  #2399

Huh, cool to see Portland, Maine have a team, if they were ever covered I would root for them. So IU was wondering do the Gulls play at the baseball field the Athletics did? Or are they playing at say, a high school football field?

4/22/2023 6:40 pm  #2400

TheEnigmaticOne wrote:

Huh, cool to see Portland, Maine have a team, if they were ever covered I would root for them. So IU was wondering do the Gulls play at the baseball field the Athletics did? Or are they playing at say, a high school football field?

They play at the ballpark.

Last edited by Wallflower (4/22/2023 6:41 pm)

Board footera