Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/14/2023 6:12 pm  #2331

Re: North American Association of Football - NAAF

Wallflower wrote:

TheEnigmaticOne wrote:

Gotta say I really like the Regina Wheat Kings branding.

Just a question, maybe I skimmed the owners meetings, but I've heard people say that the WFU membership in the NAAF was temporary, is this true? Last I had heard the merger was permanent.

I have no clue where you read about it being permanent because I have only said it was temporary. So yes it is temporary.

What's the purpose of a temporary merger? Is the WFU's plan to come back for then 1972 season? Sorry if you already covered this in detail.

2/14/2023 6:36 pm  #2332

TheEnigmaticOne wrote:

Wallflower wrote:

TheEnigmaticOne wrote:

Gotta say I really like the Regina Wheat Kings branding.

Just a question, maybe I skimmed the owners meetings, but I've heard people say that the WFU membership in the NAAF was temporary, is this true? Last I had heard the merger was permanent.

I have no clue where you read about it being permanent because I have only said it was temporary. So yes it is temporary.

What's the purpose of a temporary merger? Is the WFU's plan to come back for then 1972 season? Sorry if you already covered this in detail.

In short, the purpose of the temporary merger comes from the fact that the WFU isn't fully committed to a merger, shown in the meetings post, and really neither is the NAAF. From the WFU's perspective and specifically Norman Mackenzie (EDM), still want to keep Canadian Football alive, and they aren't exactly wanting to just hand their league over, it's historic and has a deep tradition that is hard to just toss out the window. So, they aren't going to fully commit to the league especially if they have no clue if Hybrid football will even be more popular with their fans or actually make a huge impact. Also, outside of the NAAF markets and its area of influence, hybrid football is still not the most popular version of the sport, so there is still uncertainty about whether it can translate be as popular outside of the NAAF markets. So there is reason from the WFU to not want to immediately just jump full-on into a merger, especially with how quickly the deal came together. I mean its kinda like a different country with different ideals walking into your area and saying "hey, follow our rules". You're not going just turn around and follow them immediately. So this is part of building a good relationship where the NAAF isn't trying to just invade the WFU's markets. 

As for the NAAF, as much as adding 5 new teams does help the league in terms of expanding the sport, they still are also not sure how successful the sport can be out west, but also the main reason the deal happened in the first place is to fill in the spot of the KC team which is still hoping to get in at some point. The 2-year deal essentially gives the NAAF time to figure out KC and hopefully get the team on the field in time for the 1972 season. If the WFU is there, well then they need to figure out another team to partner with KC so they can maintain an even number of teams (and my own sanity when trying to schedule the season). If the two decide to part ways at the end of the 1971 season then they will return to being 2 separate leagues. 

In the end, there are lots of reasons, and maybe I haven't been 100% clear with all of it and the why, but that's what is kinda happening under the hood, if that helps your understanding of the situation. It's also just a fun twist on a typical merger and I thought it fit the story and the direction as well as introduced more of the world around the NAAF. I don't mind the questions, especially if there is clarity needed, so if there are more feel free to ask.

2/14/2023 10:55 pm  #2333

Nice Logo for Vancouver. Reminds me of the Timberwolves

2/15/2023 6:11 pm  #2334

Winnipeg Falcons

The Winnipeg Football Club was founded in 1921 and would go on to join the WFU in 1927. The team was originally formed under Métis Professor Christophe Adams from Riel University. His son, Louis Adams, would be one of the first star players on the team. They would play their first several seasons at a smaller field near the Manitoba Legislature, but eventually, after the team won their first championship in 1929, Adams was able to pull enough strings to get a stadium built at Riel University named Provencher Park. The stadium would be shared with the school’s college team. In the first couple of seasons in the new stadium, a peregrine falcon nest was discovered within the roof of the stadium. The fans took to the falcons during the difficult great depression, and the team would be renamed the Winnipeg Falcons. The newly named Falcons would capture back-to-back championships in 1936 and 1937. 

Post-WW2, Christophe Adams would slowly pass over the ownership of the team to his son and former player, Louis Adams. Unfortunately, the Adams family was not able to keep up with the financial requirements that the team needed and would eventually sell the team to businessman, Howard Baker, in 1953. The team would go on to win a championship in 1954 under Baker. However, over the next 5 seasons, Baker became disinterested in running the team and decided to sell the team in 1958. At that point, Ed Morrissette would purchase the team. With the purchase by Morrissette, the team returns to its origins, with Morrissette being from the St. Boniface area, where Riel University is located, and being of Métis descent just like Christophe Adams. Since Morrissette took over, the owner has been a steady hand in the organization and the WFU, taking on a level of leadership with his kind and compassionate nature. Winnipeg captured its 6th title in 1960, but the team has struggled to keep up with the juggernauts of Vancouver and Edmonton since then. 

The Team
Jay Nielson leads this team on the field. Nielson was brought in to coach the team just a season ago. He coached for a while at the high school level, winning several provincial titles in Manitoba. He eventually moved up to the Riel University’s Offensive coordinator, where Morrissette decided to pluck him from and put him in charge of the Falcons. Winnipeg has been in need of some direction on the field, as they have some talent, like star WR Terry Upshaw and backfield weapon RB Joe Rivers. They also have a couple of younger pieces like WR Juwan Sylvester and WR Elijah Skinner. Defensively, the team isn’t as strong with only one real star at the moment in LB Claude Clarke. DB Kyle Ellerbee and DL Quinton Hextal are also both solid options, but nothing special. They do have some younger talent in Claude’s brother, Eric on the D-line and LB Kyrell Warner. While the offence does have the stronger set of pieces, the team is not as confident at QB. The team just went through now Wheat Kings’ starter Rusty Lamb and was turning to former Riel QB, Emerson Thompson. Emerson has shown some flashes of solid play but is still sometimes a little off the mark with accuracy, but he’s still young so the team has room to grow with him.

Brand
The Falcons got a light refresh with the Patterson Athletics partnership, mainly just sharpening up the logo and jersey elements.

Logos: The team's logo features a red “W” over top of the overhead shot of a falcon that is in navy. The team had been using something similar up until the update, however, the falcon image was a little sloppier, so Morrissette was glad to have it adjusted. 

Uniforms: The jerseys are pretty simple for Winnipeg. The home is primarily navy with a red falcon on the sleeves. The roads are pretty much the same with just red numbers and blue trim. 

Stadium and Field: As mentioned before, the Falcons share a stadium with Riel University. Provencher Park is on the older side, being built in the 1930s and only seats 23,500. There have been conversations about a new stadium potentially being built, but it’s uncertain about where in the city it will be constructed if it will be on campus grounds or elsewhere in the city. As for the field design, the Falcons will have 2 versions of the field during the season. The one constant will be the team’s “W” located at midfield next to Riel’s “RU” logo. During the early months of the year when only the Falcons are playing the endzones and out-of-bounds lines will be painted. Each endzone featuring the Falcons name and Riel Unviersity. Once Riel starts playing games in the fall, the field will be repainted to be more easily transitioned between Hybrid and Canadian field dimensions. 

Last edited by Wallflower (1/19/2024 5:06 pm)

2/16/2023 3:13 pm  #2335

good stuff with the wfu looks! a lot to like across the board.

calgary: this one's not for me. the logos are a little bit underwhelming just being a C and a T, and I've been vocal about my dislike for the bucs' creamsicle jerseys, so needless to say I'd prefer they were still orange and black. that said, I like the field, and I wonder if reversing the color hierarchy would improve things (assuming they stick around in the story long enough to rebrand, lol)

edmonton: not much to say here. the owl logo is solid, and the jerseys are classic, if a little boring. I like the white jerseys with the cream pants, which I didn't necessarily expect

regina: the logos are solid, especially with the challenge of already having a team that has an R and a crown in its logo. I don't like the yellow jerseys-yellow pants look at home, but I really like the road set. I still think white pants would've been better for the whole set

vancouver: this one is definitely my favorite. the logo is really nice, the uniforms look great, and I love the twig storyline. the pop of green in the helmets is very cool, and I wonder if they'll add some green into the rest of the uniforms someday. my one criticism is that as much as I love the trees in the end zone, it's a little bit too much green and it kinda muddies up the look imo

winnipeg: wow, the naaf's first rwb team! the logos are really solid (although I can't help but nitpick the kerning between the F and the A in the wordmark). I don't really love the early 00's giants look on the road, but the home is really good. also cool to see riel show up - does that mean the altcaa is canon to the naaf universe?

great work on all the design stuff this offseason, and excited to get back into the swing of the season!

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

2/16/2023 5:21 pm  #2336

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

winnipeg: wow, the naaf's first rwb team! the logos are really solid (although I can't help but nitpick the kerning between the F and the A in the wordmark). I don't really love the early 00's giants look on the road, but the home is really good. also cool to see riel show up - does that mean the altcaa is canon to the naaf universe?

Thanks for the feedback! Yea I forgot about the kerning on the word mark, whoops, I fixed that now, both on the wordmark and the field. 

I figured that would be a question when I introduced Riel. No, the AltCAA is its own thing, I am just using my school because I like that idea for a Winnipeg school, and I didn't want to step on anyone's toes with another school. 

2/18/2023 5:56 pm  #2337

1970 Retirements

QB Riley Kiernan - Annapolis, MD - Creator: Darknes
College: Ben Franklin
Drafted: 1952 - WOR - Round 1, Pick 5
Teams: Worcester Athletics (1952-1957), London Tigers (1958-1969)
Captaincy: WOR - A (1957), LDN - A (1959-1963), LDN - C (1964-1969)
McCallister Cups: 2 (1960, 1963)
Awards: Most Valuable Player (1959, 1961, 1963), Offensive Player of the Year (1956), Breakout Player of the Year (1954), Playoff MVP (1959), McCallister Cup MVP (1963)
All-Stars: 7 (1958-1961, 1963, 1964) 
Player of the Week: 11 Times

In 1952, Kiernan would become the first QB to ever be drafted into the NAAF. He would struggle in his first couple of seasons, before winning Breakout Player of the Year in 1954. After making his first playoff appearance in 1955, he would lead the Athletics to the McCallister Cup in 1956, taking home OPOY. They would fall short in the big game to the Royals in overtime. In 1957, Kiernan would have one of his worst seasons while dealing with his sick dad and injuries throughout the season. The bad season would lead to the Athletics trading Kiernan to the London Tigers at the 1958 draft. Kiernan would enter the season as a backup, but took over the starting job when QB Christian Stewart would get hurt in the first game. Kiernan would not look back and would go on to lead the Tigers on a stellar run from 1959-1963. In those seasons, Kiernan would win 3 MVPs and lead the Tigers to 4 McCallister Cup appearances, winning 2 of them in 1960 and 1963. Since 1963, the Tigers have been unable to return to the big game, but Kiernan remained one of the strongest QBs in the league and would become the Tigers’ captain for the remaining 6 years of his career. Kiernan does retire with 199 total starts in his career which is the most all-time. He also has 7 All-Star seasons and a pair of playoff awards with a Playoff and McCallister Cup MVP. Kiernan is expected to take some time away from football, but some expect he could be in the commentary booth at some point.

DL Lonnie Vincent - Lowell, MA - Creator: Darknes
College: New England
Drafted: 1959 - BUF - Round 1, Pick 5
Teams: Buffalo Blue Wings (1959-1969)
Captaincy: BUF - A (1964-1969)
McCallister Cups: 4 (1964, 1966, 1967, 1969)
All-Stars: 7 (1960, 1961, 1963-1967)
Player of the Week: 3

Vincent entered the league with expectations of being a physical force on the defensive line, and he did not disappoint. He would become a staple on the Blue Wings’ defensive line for many seasons causing a lot of issues for many QBs. The addition of DL William Sanderson to the Blue Wings roster would only allow Vincent to get more opportunities in the late 60s, which made the Blue Wings’ D-line one of the most feared in the league’s history. Vincent would take on the alternate captain role with the Blue Wings in 1964, and it might have been a perfect choice as the Blue Wings would go on to win 4 McCallister Cups in the 6 seasons Vincent served as an alternate captain. Vincent would finish his career with 7 All-Star seasons and would spend all 11 years with the Buffalo Blue Wings. Being the hard worker and motivator that he is, Vincent is expected to be back on the sidelines someday.

OL Elliot Winterbottom - Utica, NY - Creator: DireBear
College: Western New York
Drafted: 1956 - LI - Round 1, Pick 7
Teams: R.Long Island Raiders (1956), Long Island Raiders (1957-1969)
Captaincy: LI - A (1963-1969)
McCallister Cups: 2 (1958, 1965)
All-Stars: 7 (1959-1965)

Winterbottom entered the 1956 draft as the best run blocker of the class. Being drafted by Long Island was a perfect fit, especially after the team acquired RB Dareion Fields. Winterbottom would lead the way for a rushing attack that was one of the best in the NAAF over the late 50s-early 60s. He would make 7 consecutive All-Star teams and would pick up a pair of McCallister Cups in 1958 and 1965. His leadership by example was also well known, serving as the team’s alternate captain from 1963-1969 despite his sometimes quiet nature. At this point, Winterbottom is ready to get out of the big city and out into the countryside and work on the farm.

OL Ward Briscoe - Columbus, OH - Creator: DireBear
College: Central Ohio
Drafted: 1959 - WOR - Round 1, Pick 2
Teams: Worcester Athletics/The Athletics/Halifax Mariners (1959-1969)
Captaincy: ATH/HFX - C (1962-1969)
McCallister Cups: 1 (1968)
All-Stars: 6 (1962-1967)

With the 2nd overall pick in the 1959 draft, the Athletics would draft one of the team’s cornerstones for the next decade. Briscoe was easily the top OL prospect in the draft and was hungry to succeed at the next level. Succeed he did become one of the league’s best O-linemen early in his career. He would be a 6-time All-Star and would serve as the Athletics/Mariners’ captain from 1962-1969. Briscoe’s football intelligence and passion were what made him a great player and leader. The team just followed him, through everything, especially the very difficult 1962 season where the team was travelling to all games and losing all games. Briscoe is immediately looked at as a potential coaching candidate simply because of his leadership.

OL Bernhard Altermann - Staten Island, NY - Creator: ZO82
College: Brooklyn Metro
Drafted: 1958 - LOU - Round 2, Pick 11
Teams: Louisville Thunder (1958-1969)
McCallister Cups: 1 (1962)
All-Stars: 5 (1960-1964)

Another steady O-lineman was drafted with the 11th pick of the 1958 draft. Altermann joined the Louisville Thunder and then never left. He spent all 12 seasons of his career with the team, being a 5-time All-Star and a McCallister Cup champion in 1962. Since 1964, Altermann slowly faded into the background as the Thunder started to hit some rocky seasons, but he still walks away a champ and one of the best Thunder linemen in their short history.

OL Harrison Ward - Syracuse, NY - Creator: ZO82
College: Western New York
Drafted: 1957 - MTL - Round 1, Pick 8
Teams: Montreal Rouge (1957-1966), Halifax Mariners (1967), Buffalo Blue Wings (1968-1969)
McCallister Cups: 1 (1969)
All-Stars: 4 (1962, 1964-1966)

Yet another O-lineman is next with Harrison Ward, who was picked with the 8th overall selection in 1957, the 3rd of 3 first-round picks the Rouge made that season after selecting LB Sam Fitzroy and WR Derek Cross. Ward would spend the first 10 years of his career with the Rouge, racking up 4 All-Stars seasons and a pair of McCallister Cup appearances. However, he was never able to get it done in Montreal. He was traded to Halifax ahead of the 1967 season as he began his search for a championship. The ‘67 campaign was unsuccessful in Halifax, so he left for Buffalo, only for Halifax to win in 1968. Luckily for Ward, he was able to still capture that title this past season and can finally retire from the game a champion. 

DL Timmy Kerr - Wilkes-Barre, PA - Creator: GoRedSox96
College: Allegheny
Drafted: 1957 - LI - Round 2, Pick 15
Teams: R.Long Island Raiders (1957), Long Island Raiders (1958-1962), Boston Independents (1963-1969)
McCallister Cups: 1 (1958)
All-Stars: 3 (1963-1965)

Timmy entered the NAAF alongside twin brother RB Tommy Kerr. Timmy was viewed as and turned out to be the more talented of the two. He would fit right in with the Raiders’ defensive power early on. The loads of talent on the Raiders’ defence allowed Timmy to be more aggressive on the line. He would win a championship with the Raiders in 1958 and then continued to be a strong piece on the line. However, after the 1962 season, Kerr walked away and signed with Boston. It was an interesting signing as Boston also had to bring in Tommy to play with Timmy as the brothers wanted to play together. Timmy’s first 3 seasons in Boston were great, as he would get all three of his All-Star seasons. Unfortunately, after those seasons, Timmy saw a decline and would not be able to return to that form as Boston faltered throughout the late 60s.

K Arthur Kettinger - North Andover, MA - Creator: Rugrat
College: New England
Drafted: 1953 - MTL - Round 4, Pick 28
Teams: Montreal Rouge (1953-1969)
McCallister Cups: 1 (1953)
Awards: 2 Special Teams Player of the Year (1953, 1964)
All-Stars: 2 (1953, 1964)

No other player has kicked the ball in Montreal for the past 17 seasons. After the Rouge selected Kettinger in the 1953 draft, the kicker became an immediate impact, taking home Special Teams Player of the Year and being an All-Star in his rookie season. He would later win the award again in 1964, along with his second All-Star season. He captured his lone championship in his rookie season, but came close in both 1962 and 1966. 

TE Christopher Gist - Rochester, NY - Creator: Darknes
College: Rochester
Drafted: 1957 - LOU - Round 3, Pick 21
Teams: Louisville Thunder (1957-1967), Long Island Raiders (1967-1968), Pittsburgh Blacksmiths (1969)
All-Stars: 2 (1959, 1963)

The Louisville Thunder would get a good pull in the 1957 draft grabbing their top TE for the next decade in the 3rd round. One reason Gist fell was his laziness when it came to blocking. He was very good at being a pass catcher, but just wasn’t the best when it came to blocking despite having the size for it. However, it would work out for the Thunder, with Gist blossoming into a threat in the passing game, and eventually, a 2-time All-Star. Gist would help the Thunder to a single championship in 1962 during his 10-and-a-half years in Louisville. In 1967, he would be traded to the Raiders as part of the WR Casey Coleman trade. He would spend the next year and a half with the Raiders before closing out his career with the Blacksmiths.

OL Varo Giovanni - Bronx, NY - Creator: ZO82
College: King’s
Drafted: 1957 - Undrafted
Teams: R.Providence Gold Stars (1957), Providence Gold Stars (1958-1968), Toronto Steelheads (1968-1969)
McCallister Cups: 0
All-Stars: 2 (1961, 1963)

Giovanni was passed on in the 1957 draft, primarily due to major character issues. His biggest issue was being unmotivated/lacked care for improving. Going undrafted might have flipped a switch in his brain as he would grow into a strong member of the Gold Stars O-line. Giovanni’s character was directed in the right direction and he would eventually be a 2-time All-Star. He would eventually get moved to the Toronto Steelheads in his final 2 seasons, where he was not much of a factor. Giovanni was unable to capture a championship in his career.  

DL Lawrence Armstrong - Brampton, ON - Creator: Wallflower
College: St. George
Drafted: 1956 - OFU
Teams: OFU - Toronto Lakers (1956-1963), Toronto Steelheads (1964-1967), Ottawa Royals (1967-1969)
Captaincy: TOR - A (1967)
All-Stars: 2 (1965, 1966)

Armstrong entered the NAAF in 1964 along with the Toronto Steelheads, after spending the first 8 years of his career with the Toronto Lakers in the OFU. Armstrong was one of the players to make an immediate impact in the NAAF, earning 2 All-Star seasons with the Steelheads in 1965 and 1966. He was given the “A” at the start of the 1967 season but was being offered around during the trade deadline, which didn’t sit well with the loyal player. Armstrong did have a choice about whether he would be traded and Toronto strongly encouraged a deal with Halifax which saw them get a lot in return, but to spite them, Armstrong choose the Royals. Armstrong enjoyed his time in Ottawa, with a much better culture. He came very close to winning a title this season with the Royals, but after the season, he was tired and wanted to move on from the sport, likely into a role with the Royals.

TE Emmanuel Hines - Saginaw, MI - Creator: DireBear
College: Detroit Tech
Drafted: 1958 - IND - Round 2, Pick 14
Teams: Indiana Victors (1958-1969)
Captaincy: IND - A (1962-1966)
All-Stars: 1 (1965)

Another star TE is a part of this retirement class. Hines was a powerful TE, able to overpower opponents in blocking and still go and get a ball while having a guy all over him. Hines had a very resilient personality, as he would never give up or let mistakes distract him from getting the job done. Those traits would make his a strong leader, taking on the “A” for 5 seasons for the Victors. Hines would finish his career without a championship, falling just short of the title in 1968, but he was an All-Star in 1965. 

RB Rodney “Hot Rod” Clark - Pittsburgh, PA - Creator: Rugrat
College: Allegheny
Drafted: 1958 - IND - Round 1, Pick 4
Teams: Indiana Victors (1958-1960), Louisville Thunder (1961-1967), Boston Independents (1968), Toronto Steelheads (1969)
Captaincy: IND - A (1959-1960)
Player of the Week: 3 Times

Rodney Clark was the 4th player taken in the hectic 1958 draft that saw the first 3 picks get traded. The Victors stayed at their 4th overall slot and took Clark to be a piece for the future. Clark was an immediate impact for the Victors, being their primary source of offence over his first 3 seasons. He would wear the “A” for 2 seasons, however, he would leave the Victors at the end of the 1960 season, joining the team’s rival in the Louisville Thunder. Clark would spend the next 7 years with the Thunder, winning a championship with the team and being a consistent piece out of the backfield. He would start to slow down in the late 60s, leading to a couple of seasons as a journeyman playing for Boston and Toronto to close out his career. Without getting starting reps, Clark has lost the motivation to play and is calling it a career. 

DL Dale Rothery - Portland, ME - Creator: DireBear
College: Concord-Manchester
Drafted: 1960 - LOU - Round 1, Pick 5
Teams: Louisville Thunder (1960), Long Island Raiders (1961-1962), Montreal Rouge (1962), Louisville Thunder (1963), Halifax Mariners (1964), Toronto Steelheads (1965-1966), Boston Independents (1967-1968), Pittsburgh Blacksmiths (1969)

Normally, players that don’t receive at least an All-Star or a Player of the Week during their career don’t get covered in retirements, but Rothery was something else. Rothery entered the 1960 draft as a highly athletic player and seemed like a sure-fire top DL of the future, but it did not go that way. Rothery struggled immediately, not being able to keep pace technically with the NAAF O-linemen. Within a season, Rothery would be traded for the first time in his career. He would then be traded 2 more times to Montreal from Long Island and to Boston from Toronto. In his 10-year career, Rothery would play for 7 different teams likely cementing himself in the conversations about journeymen for years to come. 

Other Notable Retirements - * = McCallister Cup
DL Dexter Barbarcos - Gary, IN - College: Northern Indiana - Creator: Darknes - Drafted: 1958 - MTL R1: P7 
Teams: MTL (1958-1964, 1969), PIT (1965), LI (1966-1967), TOR (1968) 
S Cal Clemmons - Sandusky, OH - College: Detroit Tech - Creator: Dan O’Mac - Drafted: 1959 - IND R1: P4
Teams: IND (1959-1963), PRO (1964), BUF (1965-1966)*, PIT (1967), LOU (1968), LI (1969)
LB George Yokoi - Brooklyn, NY - College: Cambridge of Boston - Creator: QCS - Drafted: 1959 - LOU R2: P11
Teams: LOU (1959-1964)*, LDN (1965-1967), MTL (1968), BOS (1968), HFX (1969)
OL Fabrice Beaufort - Quebec City, QC - College: St-Laurent - Creator: Kingsfan11 - Drafted: 1960 - OTT - R1: P10
Teams: OTT (1960-1966), BUF (1967)*, TOR (1968), HFX (1969)
DL Allen St. Bensen - Boston, MA - College: New England - Creator: Stickman - Drafted: 1960 - IND R2: P17
Teams: IND (1960-1964), BOS (1965-1969)

FULL LIST OF RETIREMENTS

Last edited by Wallflower (2/18/2023 5:58 pm)

2/18/2023 6:10 pm  #2338

Edmonton Rangers: Obviously the most "basic" team, their decision to keep things old school is still very nice to look at.  The logo is awesome, love that owl (although, I do have to say that ever since I randomly thought about Mr. Hanky the Christmas Poo, I can't help but notice the resemblance ... I think that make me like the owl all the more)!

Regina Wheat Kings: This is probably one of the only teams that could have made a yellow jersey work, nice job!   Big fan of the logos, the crown was probably an obvious route, but you nailed it I feel.  

Vancouver Wolves: This is an excellent identity!   The logo is already really creative, love the use of the tree being part of the wolf's neck.   The jerseys are perfect, I love green but even I know that forcing it onto the jersey would have been a tough thing to make work, the purple and gray and plenty good enough to make this jersey look great!  Awesome job!

Winnipeg Falcons: My favorite of the WFU teams.  Great logo, great way to introduce the first red, white, and blue team.   I do wish the away jersey had more blue in it to balance the colors out a little bit more, but otherwise, this is a flawless execution to me!

Awesome work Wally!

2/18/2023 7:57 pm  #2339

Retirements:
> George Yokoi

Godspeed, my first prospect o7

2/20/2023 11:01 pm  #2340

Hey everyone, just got reminded to post the new sigs for the new logos so here you go!
I also created a page for them on the Blogspot. Enjoy!

Last edited by Wallflower (2/20/2023 11:04 pm)

Board footera