Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/19/2020 10:03 am  #1021

Re: North American Association of Football - NAAF

Stickman wrote:

This was fun to read up, (especially now that I started entering players into the draft! )!  I think I'm going to be following the Long Island Raiders, (I know, I know, they just won the championship, but what can I say) from now on!

Really excellent job with this project Wallflower!  This is definitely a really through story and that's awesome!

Thanks, Stickman!!
totally understand cheering on the Raiders, they're a good team.
I will say Mr. Nimrod will likely be a very good kicker in the NAAF.

11/19/2020 10:15 am  #1022

It was really cool to see my players in the draft, glad to see them both go pretty high. I'm thinking deVale will be a boom-or-bust kinda guy, hopefully booming rather than busting. At least both him and Yokoi should be contributors to their teams.

11/19/2020 10:48 am  #1023

I keep having players get drafted by Indiana, so I'm coming around on them being "my" team.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

11/19/2020 12:11 pm  #1024

QCS wrote:

It was really cool to see my players in the draft, glad to see them both go pretty high. I'm thinking deVale will be a boom-or-bust kinda guy, hopefully booming rather than busting. At least both him and Yokoi should be contributors to their teams.

It will be a bit of a rivalry for sure between deVale and Clemmons to see who is the better safety. Yokoi will definitely need to develop a bit, but could be a very important piece to Louisville in the long run and deVale should be able to step into a starting role within a year on an up and coming Montreal team.

Dan O'Mac wrote:

I keep having players get drafted by Indiana, so I'm coming around on them being "my" team.

haha, I didn't even notice that! Well, I guess the Victors like what George Stefanikis has to say about prospects.

11/19/2020 12:40 pm  #1025

How come most or all of my prospects are near the bottom or undrafted? 

11/19/2020 1:17 pm  #1026

Rugrat wrote:

I mean you scout in bulk. Outside of the top 10 (because idk your scout’s name) you’re jamming with 10 picks in the draft compared to my 1, which is impressive in itself. I’m sure it is based on need and a random player roll for players declaring for the draft. For those who aren’t drafted, and correct me if I’m wrong Flower, they get thrown back in the pool the following year.

On a side note, some of these names really stand out like a sore thumb and I love it. I also appreciate the fact that I can tell who scouted certain players based on their names. (looking at you and your Irish influence Darkness. Haha!)

11/19/2020 2:01 pm  #1027

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Rugrat wrote:

I mean you scout in bulk. Outside of the top 10 (because idk your scout’s name) you’re jamming with 10 picks in the draft compared to my 1, which is impressive in itself. I’m sure it is based on need and a random player roll for players declaring for the draft. For those who aren’t drafted, and correct me if I’m wrong Flower, they get thrown back in the pool the following year.

On a side note, some of these names really stand out like a sore thumb and I love it. I also appreciate the fact that I can tell who scouted certain players based on their names. (looking at you and your Irish influence Darkness. Haha!)

MLB had "Dick Pole", who will the NAAF have with that funny name? I think Nimrod has the lead on that one now.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

11/19/2020 2:11 pm  #1028

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Rugrat wrote:

MLB had "Dick Pole", who will the NAAF have with that funny name? I think Nimrod has the lead on that one now.

Oh don't worry, I'm just getting started with funny named prospects

11/19/2020 2:11 pm  #1029

Rugrat wrote:

first off, yes you drop a lot of prospects, but again because I try to get as many involved as possible, that won't guarantee a top pick. I mean just as a spread the form has 48 prospects in it now and you hold 20 of those. The remaining 28 are split between 10 others, so they are giving like 2-3 prospects a year, and I want to try and give them an opportunity.

You also aren't the only one who had their prospects go later or undrafted, Stickman and Sevs dropped mostly out of a lack of need in the positions like Tight End or Kicker. 

The next factor is even the stories behind the player, you don't add stories to the players in the last few years, which is perfectly fine, I don't expect that from everyone, but that does mean they work better for later round picks, the dark horses that no one knows much about. I even added some factors this year that will give some of those later picks a chance to jump into the top roles. Some here just give me full paragraphs about who their guy is (looking at you Cap. Mort), and that gives me inspiration, but I still change those stories too because some scouts like to push the boundaries of reality *cough* Scratch *cough*.

Also keep in mind you've had plenty of players with success and 2 that went top 10 last year in RB Rodney Clark and LB Sam Wynn. K Athur Kettinger, QB Bart Swayze, WR Truman Harry, and RB Pierre LeStrange have all made an name for themselves.

Undrafted players get thrown into the free agency pool and are often picked up by teams, which I try to make note of, so they still play a part.

In the end, I want to build an interesting story for everyone and I usually lean into picking players that inspire that. Do not take it personally, it is my project and I'm going to go with what interests me and what carries the story forward. 

11/19/2020 2:14 pm  #1030

Rugrat wrote:

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Oh don't worry, I'm just getting started with funny named prospects

Let's make this a rarity please and thank you, as big of a kick I get out of it, I am still going for realism. Also it was Nimrod Dankworth before I made it Handsworth, just had to ground it a little bit.

Last edited by Wallflower (11/19/2020 2:17 pm)

Board footera