Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/05/2020 11:33 pm  #241

Re: The AltHL - Group C Voting & Owner Application!

Gritty wrote:

WithaCapitalG wrote:

Darn, my Hops missed out by two points. Nonetheless I’m happy with how the league has gone so far. Will you message the potential owners or when will we hear about that?

During the application process we received 18 applications so we are going to go with 18 people for the first season.  Found it silly to cut just two people.  That is why we are adding the second two teams.  So that means that you are one of them! I'll have more information about the Owner Draft come out soon.

Glad to hear it. Looking forward to the next step and I'm happy to be a part of it.

3/05/2020 11:39 pm  #242

Darn, Intimidators missed. Oh well. Still think it would be cool if the Racers were to wear a Dale Earnhardt inspired alternate.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

3/05/2020 11:56 pm  #243

Damn, I got close to get two team out of this. But hey I'm glad that the Arrows made the cut!

3/06/2020 1:22 pm  #244

A completely random 18 seems to take a little wind out of the sails when it comes to wanting to design. There can’t be any priority for owners who have a connection already? Like if they named the team it’s a slightly higher likelihood of them getting that team, if they designed the logo set the chances increase and if they did the jerseys then it gives a boost as well? Not grouping the three together just think each could contribute to better odds with each?

Like each team named is +3 points if you got runner up then +1
Every logo identity is +5 points with runner up being +3
Every uniform is +2 with no running up because it just be spinning someone’s design (or are the jerseys and logos done together I need to check)

Then after all those tallies we do a random 1 through 18 draw and 1 is +1 point and 18 is +18 points. Just an idea.

Speaking of points, random identity fact that will be looked back on as a rare find (kind of like the possibility of the Avalanche being called the extreme at one point) the most popular team name based on points will never see the ice in the AltHL. RIP Olympians (97 frickin points! That’s a stellar name QCS wish I beat you to it!)

3/06/2020 3:44 pm  #245

I'm interested by this idea.  Just sent you a message to brainstorm.

3/06/2020 5:33 pm  #246

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

A completely random 18 seems to take a little wind out of the sails when it comes to wanting to design. There can’t be any priority for owners who have a connection already? Like if they named the team it’s a slightly higher likelihood of them getting that team, if they designed the logo set the chances increase and if they did the jerseys then it gives a boost as well? Not grouping the three together just think each could contribute to better odds with each?

Like each team named is +3 points if you got runner up then +1
Every logo identity is +5 points with runner up being +3
Every uniform is +2 with no running up because it just be spinning someone’s design (or are the jerseys and logos done together I need to check)

Then after all those tallies we do a random 1 through 18 draw and 1 is +1 point and 18 is +18 points. Just an idea.

Speaking of points, random identity fact that will be looked back on as a rare find (kind of like the possibility of the Avalanche being called the extreme at one point) the most popular team name based on points will never see the ice in the AltHL. RIP Olympians (97 frickin points! That’s a stellar name QCS wish I beat you to it!)

Oh, now I feel kinda bad about it, haha. It is a great name, but Titans makes a great name as well.

I agree that some kind of method should be used to determine the owner draft. I honestly would have much less interest if the team I got isn't Charlotte (although if CLT doesn't make it anyway then oh well) and I also have at least a bit of a connection to the teams I've made logos for. Either way, I'm sure you'll find a great way to make it work, Gritty.

Also side note, Firebirds came in second! So glad that name is catching on for Charlotte.

3/06/2020 5:38 pm  #247

Don’t feel bad about that! Titans stood tall as well only ranking behind the those damn Beady eyed bill loving boys from Minnesota

3/07/2020 11:33 am  #248

With 65% of the votes, the 17th AltHL franchise will be the CHARLOTTE RACERS.

The 18th AltHL franchise will be the WINNIPEG ARROWS.  The Arrows won with 80% of the votes.  

As I was writing these two introductions I realized how closely we came to the Charlotte Checkers (AHL) and the Winnipeg Jets (NHL).  With that said, we have our 18 AltHL franchises.  Now we are fully in the logo design round.  The logos are due on Wednesday! Charlotte and Winnipeg will be due that weekend.  

3/07/2020 6:48 pm  #249

Yesssssss

It Happened

CLT2AltHL babyyyyyyy

Last edited by QCS (3/07/2020 6:49 pm)

3/07/2020 8:35 pm  #250

And that's the names! 

Are there any specific instructions for how to submit logos?

Board footera