Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/15/2020 8:40 pm  #121

Re: The AltHL - Group C Voting & Owner Application!

I realized that I will be away from my computer tomorrow so I am going to open up the voting for GROUP B's team names.  Follow the links to rate the team names of your choice.  I went through some of the submissions and removed any that violated any of our rules.  The main ones that I found were nicknames that were used by an AHL or IceHL (from icethetics) team.  As we saw with the Olympians in Group A, if there is a team name that violates one of the rules that snuck in, just DM me and I'll look into it.  Now that we understand how this works I will be dropping both Groups C and D on Monday for nominations.  Group B voting will be open until next Friday.  In the meantime, now that you know the team names for Group A you can start playing around with logo ideas.  I'll put out the official guidelines for the Logo Round next weekend.  

Who will be the teams that join the Boston Rovers, Montreal Chevaliers, Calgary Wranglers, and the Los Angeles Titans? 

TEAM MINNEAPOLIS
https://forms.gle/Lj6ks5D1Kxcgmkme7

TEAM PHILADELPHIA
https://forms.gle/qmkBCkKFKqJWTnvG7

TEAM TORONTO
https://forms.gle/dXeoorV5Fv1HWZsM7

TEAM BAY AREA
https://forms.gle/8aTZRv9Hr1zHqSPJ6

2/15/2020 9:50 pm  #122

Love the XFL-style introductions for the teams! 🤞✌️👍

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

2/15/2020 10:04 pm  #123

Also, here is a fairly-bad logo sketch for the Titans:
https://i.imgur.com/6wOwGxQ.jpg

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

2/15/2020 10:30 pm  #124

Hey, not sure if my Toronto Boars name was DQ'd, but I do see a Toronto Hogs choice, which I didn't see in the submitted options.  Wasn't sure if you mistakenly changed the name or not.  Just letting you know.  No big deal if it got DQ'd because of the AHL or Icethetics rule. 

2/15/2020 11:49 pm  #125

Stickman wrote:

Hey, not sure if my Toronto Boars name was DQ'd, but I do see a Toronto Hogs choice, which I didn't see in the submitted options.  Wasn't sure if you mistakenly changed the name or not.  Just letting you know.  No big deal if it got DQ'd because of the AHL or Icethetics rule. 

Sorry about that, I just added it to the list. Not sure what happened there.  I have been pretty organized with a huge excel doc but it must have slipped through.

2/16/2020 2:03 am  #126

Actually my reference to something similar was the titans because they were like the Tennessee titans of the NFL. I had not seen the Olympians by QCS, I’m sorry about that! Awesome name though!

2/16/2020 11:32 am  #127

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Actually my reference to something similar was the titans because they were like the Tennessee titans of the NFL. I had not seen the Olympians by QCS, I’m sorry about that! Awesome name though!

No worries, I figured you just hadn't seen my concept. It is an awesome name, though!

2/16/2020 1:11 pm  #128

I thought I saw someone suggest the SF Guardians which is a really good name, but maybe I missed it in the voting. Wish there was more Oakland or San Jose suggestions, but I couldn’t even think of a name that would out class a lot of the submissions! That’s big considering I lived in the Bay Area for 19 years. Good creative thinking everyone! I think Jailbirds is the best option, great name and plenty of possibilities in the branding. Always have wanted an International Orange team!

2/17/2020 9:50 am  #129

This week is a big week! We are voting for Group B names, and now we are accepting submissions for Groups C and D! 

2/17/2020 11:06 am  #130

Chicago - Hitmen, the Mafia scene in the Prohibition Era has tons of history in the Chicago area, as a lot of famous Mafias and gangsters made their home in Chicago

Seattle - Totems, a great reference to old teams in the ‘60s when the Western league was a hit.

Halifax - Highlanders, the Scottish heritage and the Canadian Highlands (and maybe a movie reference) make the perfect sense for this team’s name.

Denver - Paramounts, the Rocky Mountains are the biggest mountain range in the US, and giving this name to Denver would make the best option.

Vancouver - Orcas, the Orca Whale is a common sight in the seas off of Vancouver and its island, granting this new team this name.

Portland - Sawblades, the lumber industry in Oregon is a culturally appropriate name, plus has the “Keep Portland Weird” factor that the city really likes.

New York - Emperors, the Empire State Building, the Empire known as Wall Street, New York is a city full of Emperors, a fitting name for a team.

Quebec - Nationales, the French heritage is stronger in Quebec City than in Montreal, plus paying homage to the efforts by the French populace to become their own nation gives a bunch of meaning in this name.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

Board footera