Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/15/2023 9:14 pm  #21

Re: AltLiga Season 2023-24

Oh, soccer's happening again? It feels like it's been two months since we played our last game. What even happened in that one? Oh, yeah, we took down Berlin and Son Heung-Min scored a hat trick. It feels wrong to ignore that, so he gets the double feature. As a bonus, we're bringing back our primary uniforms for the first time since we last featured him all the way back in the season opener. As much as we love wearing periwinkle, it's always nice to be back in maroon and white. CD Andes makes the long trip to Camp Vell for a battle of mountain-climbing mammals.

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

9/16/2023 1:11 am  #22

Joburg may have been quite awful last matchweek, but Stockholm managed to be worse to give the Golden Lions our first win of the season. After mulling over that win for an entire international break, Joburg returns with a refreshed roster on the road to take on St, Mungo in Glasgow. F Raúl Jiménez had his best match last time we played, breaking into the striker role we signed him into, with 3 key passes and a shot on goal to get our offense rolling in a lackluster week. We'll continue to wear our main kits as we look for our second win of the year. #StayGold

Founder of the EFL and the AFL

9/16/2023 6:55 pm  #23

Hello everyone! I hope you all are enjoying the return of soccer after a short break. I happen to have a gift for you all! Over the past couple months I have been painstakingly recreating all of our AltLiga uniforms and now I have the results of that hard work to share. So, I present to you all the week 5 matchups of AltLiga! I'm going to try to do these for each gameweek but there are no promises as I am a busy college student. I make the assumption that the home team is wearing their primary kit and that the away team will default to their primary kit unless it clashes. If you have plans otherwise, you have to let me know ahead of time. Notable this week is that every team is in their primary kits except Sydney Harbour, who don their bright yellow kits against Tokyo.

9/22/2023 8:27 pm  #24

Oof. That's about all we can say about last week, as Barcelona's first loss of the year was an ugly one at the hands of Andes. We'll look to put that far, far in the rearview as we stay at home for the first time this season and host Eye of the Sun. This week, we're highlighting GK Wes Foderingham, who a) is the only reason we weren't completely embarrassed last weekend, as he made 8 saves in a heroic effort, and b) has a name that is far too long for this graphic.

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

9/23/2023 12:09 am  #25

We actually had a win that wasn't because of a fluke! Joburg didn't finish in the bottom for scoring in the week, getting in the upper half while St. Mungo could barely muster any sort of offense. The typical playmakers in Odegaard, Ward-Prowse, and Watkins all contributed well, and defender Gabriel Magalhaes finally showed what he can do on the pitch, playing all 90 minutes for the first time. We'll travel down the Chunnel to take on Olympique, who are also looking to build some momentum on the year after a loss to Berlin. We'll be wearing our clash kits for the first time as we attempt to turn around our awful start to the year. #StayGold

9/23/2023 10:08 am  #26

With 5 weeks down, the Falcons are sitting just above .500 on the season at 3-2 and coming off a big win over IFK Stockholm. We're heading out to Spain to take on Atlético Barcelona in what should be a very tough matchup. I don't believe there's a significant clash between their maroon and white and our black and ivory, but I've got enough concern that I'm going to break out the clash kits for this one. We're highlighting our goaltender in this one, the one and only Ederson. #TheGoldStandard

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

9/29/2023 7:56 am  #27

And that was a tough loss. We're starting to get healthier, and our defense should become stronger as they return to form, so we move on to England, as we head to London to face London Public FC. We look to climb back above .500 in this one and start moving away from mediocrity. We're going to wear the main kits for this one, and have highlighted defenseman Dan Burn for this one. #TheGoldStandard

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

9/29/2023 4:34 pm  #28

By the skin of our teeth, the Golden Lions managed to knock off Olympique to win by just 1 point (after originally winning by 2 points and then tying, thanks Fantrax for giving me a heart attack). That win was in no small part due to Brazilian midfielder Bruno Guimarães, who racked up a goal, an assist, another shot on goal, and four 4 key passes to overcome the deficit and win it for the South African side. We continue on our European road trip to take on the undefeated Amsterdam KVV squad, as Joburg looks to extend our winning streak and prove we are no fluke. The standard kits are back for a key matchup to put us over .500. #StayGold

9/29/2023 11:05 pm  #29

And that was a good win. Atlético knocked off Eye to move to 5-1 on the year, and we finish off our homestand this week against Tokyo. Sakura are coming off a strong win of their own, and will certainly be hungry for more. Our top player last week was a brand new face, as midfielder Sean Longstaff picked up a goal and an assist to make a great first impression in his first start with the team (that and his last name is very easy to make jokes about). 

10/04/2023 2:53 pm  #30

The Falcons went on the road and knocked off London Public in England. We're now off to the land down under to face Sydney Harbour. Eye of the Sun had a pretty darn good week last week, and part of that was defender Vladimir Coufal who had an absolutely stellar game. We're going to keep repping the main kits for this one. #TheGoldStandard

Board footera