Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/15/2023 11:18 pm  #11

Re: 2023 AltFL TRADE ROOM

TRADE ALERT

Kansas City receives:
-5th pick in the 2023 Rookie draft

San Diego receives:
-Budda Baker
-KC’s 6th overall pick in the 2023 Rookie Draft

Future considerations concerning the FA Draft are also included in the trade (details to come later)

Last edited by Kingsfan11 (6/16/2023 12:10 am)

6/16/2023 5:19 am  #12

BREAKING TRADE NEWS!

In one of those rare division rival trades that will likely be the source of someone's nightmares down the road, (Is there a Curse of the Bambino awaiting???) the Los Angeles Sabercats and the Portland Grizzlies have a deal involving the following...

Los Angeles receives:
7th Pick in the 2023 Rookie Draft

Portland receives:
RB Jamaal Williams
WR Terry McLaurin
LB Quincy Williams

And with that, the AltFL version of Howie Roseman (or would it be Howie Stickman?!?!) completes yet another deal!   

Last edited by Stickman (6/16/2023 5:20 am)

6/16/2023 2:34 pm  #13

Well, that was quick.

The Los Angeles Sabercats have agreed to another trade, this time with the New York Emperors.   The terms are as follows...

Los Angeles receives:
#8 2023 Rookie Draft Pick
LB Matt Milano

New York receives:
#7 2023 Rookie Draft Pick

And thus, the chaos continues!

6/17/2023 3:26 am  #14

n00bthtpwnz wrote:

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

yeah to me it feels like you're actively hurting your team by making this deal and that's been something we've been trying to discourage. I don't want to try to veto the deal since the pick and the one after it has already been made, and I don't think there's any ill intent by either party, it's just a really weird choice and it doesn't give me a whole lot of faith that you're trying to be competitive. just my two cents tho

I understand where you're coming from with this, but just like I told Gritty when I submitted my keepers, if my intentions were to tank, I wouldn't even be in this league in the first place.

Wallflower wrote:

All good, we just wanted to know if that was what was intended. It's obviously your choice, we just want to make sure things are fair. I assume for most of us, it is just general intuition that says that if a team moves down they should be getting something else in return, so we wanted to know why that wasn't the case here. But yeah, if you are okay with the move, then it is fine by me.

Like I mentioned earlier, since it was only two spots down, I didn't think it warranted any sort of extra compensation. It's not like there are only two top level talents left on the board and that I'd be screwed if I traded down. If Gritty were further down the draft order, then I'd want more compensation, but since it was only from #2 to #4, I felt like it was fair enough just swapping picks.

I've seen your explanation, twice, and I still don't understand. This is by far the worst trade in Alt history and I've caused a stink towards a lot of trades that were much more justified. Say what you want, but even if you are tanking, this was a decision I'd never see coming. You flat out dropped two picks without compensation then took a CB. This is a borderline revokable decision to me. That is coming from someone who has lost 50% of their rookie draft picks to criminal charges or injury. I just want teams to try. I'm sorry for the city of Birmingham in our alt history. They deserve better. I hope the worst for the Vulcans this year. Just like you intended by making this decision.I've found people who would give up so much for the second spot and their first look at the league was a 2 to 4 swap like it was nothing. If you don't care for your team at least care for our community.

Last edited by Thehealthiestscratch (6/17/2023 10:52 pm)

6/17/2023 10:22 am  #15

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

n00bthtpwnz wrote:

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

yeah to me it feels like you're actively hurting your team by making this deal and that's been something we've been trying to discourage. I don't want to try to veto the deal since the pick and the one after it has already been made, and I don't think there's any ill intent by either party, it's just a really weird choice and it doesn't give me a whole lot of faith that you're trying to be competitive. just my two cents tho

I understand where you're coming from with this, but just like I told Gritty when I submitted my keepers, if my intentions were to tank, I wouldn't even be in this league in the first place.

Wallflower wrote:

All good, we just wanted to know if that was what was intended. It's obviously your choice, we just want to make sure things are fair. I assume for most of us, it is just general intuition that says that if a team moves down they should be getting something else in return, so we wanted to know why that wasn't the case here. But yeah, if you are okay with the move, then it is fine by me.

Like I mentioned earlier, since it was only two spots down, I didn't think it warranted any sort of extra compensation. It's not like there are only two top level talents left on the board and that I'd be screwed if I traded down. If Gritty were further down the draft order, then I'd want more compensation, but since it was only from #2 to #4, I felt like it was fair enough just swapping picks.

I've seen your explanation, twice, and I still don't understand. This is by far the worst trade in Alt history and I've caused a stink towards a lot of trades that were much more justified. Say what you want, but even if you are tanking, this was a decision I'd never see coming. You flat out dropped two picks without compensation then took a CB. This is a borderline revokable decision to me. That is coming from someone who has lost 50% of their rookie draft picks to criminal charges or injury. I just want teams to try. I'm sorry for the city of Birmingham in our alt history. They deserve better. I hope the worst for the Vulcans this year. Just like you intended by making this decision.I've found people who would give up so much for the second spot and their first look at the league was a 2 to 4 swap like it was nothing. If you don't care for your team at least care for our community. This simulation is something special, do you really want to be part of it?

I've been following all of this pretty closely and i have to say, this is the worst trade I've ever seen. I know your trying to "tank" which we discourage. But usually when a team is tanking and they trade down, they are trying to get futures or young players where they can develop. It just seems like you don't care about your team and i think i express the same frustration as other members of the board do. Not to mention you have a potentially generational fantasy RB sitting there with Bijan Robinson. I would need a much more in depth explanation other than "I'm trying to tank". Its not just "swapping picks" its the difference between Gritty getting Robinson and Jayhawk getting Robinson, not specifically calling them out but just mentioning on how it effects the trajectory of two different teams. I think we should do more then say "oh well" and let it go. Stuff like this shouldn't be allowed, maybe take some future picks or put the Vulcans on administration for the remainder of the offseason, or revoke the trade, although its probably too late for that. 

slow down the rivers of time in your mind

6/17/2023 4:14 pm  #16

Hey guys! All players and picks I have are on the market except for Mahomes.

6/17/2023 4:46 pm  #17

For Immediate Release:
The Carolina Reapers and Tennessee Copperheads have reached a trade agreement.

CAR receives: TEN 2023 1st round rookie pick (15th overall), LB Bobby Okereke
TEN receives: CAR 2023 1st round rookie pick (13th overall)

6/18/2023 3:57 pm  #18

My first and second round picks are available will take offers for players or picks next year

6/18/2023 6:30 pm  #19

Announcing that the Sabercats and Bolts have agreed to a deal. 

The Sabercats will be getting pick #18 this year (meaning I'm up to pick now) and the Bolts will receive pick #31 this year and also the Sabercats 2024 1st Rounder

6/19/2023 2:43 pm  #20

Last edited by Gritty (6/19/2023 2:43 pm)

Board footera