Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/15/2023 9:23 am  #1

2023 AltFL TRADE ROOM

AltFL Owners

This thread is reserved for TRADES that agreed upon. This will make it easier to track all trades throughout the season. This includes trades that are made on Fantrax and ones that include draft picks (ROOKIE or FREE AGENCY). 

NOTE: If you want to share players who are on your TRADE BLOCK, please continue to do so in the main thread. This thread is reserved for COMPLETED deals. 

I will also be keeping track of trades here in the AltFL Database

Last edited by Gritty (6/15/2023 3:41 pm)

6/15/2023 9:37 am  #2

Re: 2023 AltFL TRADE ROOM

Just to keep it easily accessible:

New York Emperors received RB Jonathan Taylor - IND
Kentucky Stallions received 1st Round Rookie Pick (#20), the first and third (wherever they fall) of the Emperors 4 first round Free Agency picks

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

6/15/2023 3:41 pm  #3

6/15/2023 3:42 pm  #4

6/15/2023 3:51 pm  #5

Just a straight 4th for 2nd swap? That's a pretty great deal for you, Gritty.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

6/15/2023 4:50 pm  #6

yeah, would love to hear from the vulcans as to the thought process behind that trade

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

6/15/2023 5:21 pm  #7

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

yeah, would love to hear from the vulcans as to the thought process behind that trade

I knew this was gonna come up... Like I told Gritty over PMs, it's only two spots that I'd move down. If it was for the 20th pick, then I would've asked for more in return. I seriously don't see what the big deal is about moving two spots. Could this decision come back to haunt me in the future? Maybe, who knows? I'm fine with the trade, and that's all that really should matter.

6/15/2023 8:43 pm  #8

n00bthtpwnz wrote:

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

I knew this was gonna come up... Like I told Gritty over PMs, it's only two spots that I'd move down. If it was for the 20th pick, then I would've asked for more in return. I seriously don't see what the big deal is about moving two spots. Could this decision come back to haunt me in the future? Maybe, who knows? I'm fine with the trade, and that's all that really should matter.

All good, we just wanted to know if that was what was intended. It's obviously your choice, we just want to make sure things are fair. I assume for most of us, it is just general intuition that says that if a team moves down they should be getting something else in return, so we wanted to know why that wasn't the case here. But yeah, if you are okay with the move, then it is fine by me.

6/15/2023 9:37 pm  #9

yeah to me it feels like you're actively hurting your team by making this deal and that's been something we've been trying to discourage. I don't want to try to veto the deal since the pick and the one after it has already been made, and I don't think there's any ill intent by either party, it's just a really weird choice and it doesn't give me a whole lot of faith that you're trying to be competitive. just my two cents tho

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

6/15/2023 10:10 pm  #10

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

yeah to me it feels like you're actively hurting your team by making this deal and that's been something we've been trying to discourage. I don't want to try to veto the deal since the pick and the one after it has already been made, and I don't think there's any ill intent by either party, it's just a really weird choice and it doesn't give me a whole lot of faith that you're trying to be competitive. just my two cents tho

I understand where you're coming from with this, but just like I told Gritty when I submitted my keepers, if my intentions were to tank, I wouldn't even be in this league in the first place.

Wallflower wrote:

All good, we just wanted to know if that was what was intended. It's obviously your choice, we just want to make sure things are fair. I assume for most of us, it is just general intuition that says that if a team moves down they should be getting something else in return, so we wanted to know why that wasn't the case here. But yeah, if you are okay with the move, then it is fine by me.

Like I mentioned earlier, since it was only two spots down, I didn't think it warranted any sort of extra compensation. It's not like there are only two top level talents left on the board and that I'd be screwed if I traded down. If Gritty were further down the draft order, then I'd want more compensation, but since it was only from #2 to #4, I felt like it was fair enough just swapping picks.

Board footera