Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/12/2023 10:13 pm  #11

Re: The AltFL Season 2023

Gritty wrote:

Keepers
The keeper system will remain the same for this season. Dan O'Mac has put together the following database for this year's keepers. You will NOT be required to submit keepers until after the Rookie Draft. But we thought that it would be helpful for you to see your potential roster before you develop your rookie draft strategy. Please check out the 'budget remaining' under your team. Your team will need to be at zero or positive $ before the Free Agency Draft closer to the start of the season. We are officially at the point where people will have to make really tough decisions about their rosters. This will increase more roster turnover and parity in the league.

If we already have our keepers picked for the season, are we able to submit them now?

6/13/2023 1:16 pm  #12

Following the Emperors acquisition of Jonathan Taylor, the following players are available for trade up to the Keeper Deadline date, though may be subject to change:

QB - Teddy Bridgewater, Gardner Minshew
RB - Leonard Fournette, Marlon Mack
WR - Rashod Bateman, Terrace Marshall
TE - Noah Fant
DL - Montez Sweat
LB - Zaven Collins, Luke Masterson, Matt Milano, Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah
DB - Vonn Bell
K - Cade York

I'm open to picks, much like everyone else. However, I have the room in my budget for some young, inexpensive players as well. I will listen to offers on anyone not listed as well, but they are currently players I expect to have a strong presence on my team for the upcoming season, and, as such, would need to have a pretty good offer for me to accept.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

6/13/2023 3:04 pm  #13

The Utah Raptors are open to offers for basically any player, provided the return is the right price. Particular players of interest include:

RB - Aaron Jones
WR - Allen Lazard, Michael Gallup, Parris Campbell
DL - Grady Jarrett, Jonathan Allen

Players such as QB Lamar Jackson and WR Tee Higgins are close to untouchable, barring the perfect return.

WR Ja'Marr Chase is a non-starter based on skill and budget value, and so any trades involving him will not be entertained.

6/13/2023 6:46 pm  #14

I am excited for the ROOKIE DRAFT this week. But before we get to that we have a very brief Owner Meeting this year. 

Please vote on each proposal here - OWNER MEETING VOTE

PROPOSAL 1 - Location of Alt Bowl XXIV (logo design contest to come)

PROPOSAL 2 -  Replacing a RB spot with a FLEX position
"This will allow more roster flexibility and allow for easier injury replacement (i.e. when a RB gets hurt, it's hard to find a replacement on waivers)"

PROPOSAL 3 - Free Agency Draft Order
This proposal will be dealt with differently since we need to select a draft order for this year's Draft. The following options have been compiled with what we have done in the past, suggestions from this week and from the Alt Sports suggestion box. After we decide a method for the Draft Order we will decide on a Fixed for Snake Draft. I assume that the draft order will lead us to an appropriate draft style. 

Option A - Reverse Order of Finish (NFL Style) 
The team with the weakest record will select first. This is the current style for the Rookie Draft. This helps teams trading draft picks know what the value the pick they are trading for possess. 

Option B - Weighted Lottery (NBA Style) 
The team with the weakest record will be given the most ping pong balls. This provides weaker teams the opportunity to turn things around while giving everyone a chance at the #1 pick. 

Option C - Salary Cap Order 
After KEEPERS are executed, the team with the largest amount of cap space will select first. The team with the least amount of cap space would select last. Tiebreakers will be determined by giving the team with the better record the more favorable pick. This to simulate players wanting to sign contracts with teams with more cap space and / or better teams. 

Option D - Random Lottery
All teams are given the same number of ping-pong balls. This is the system that we have currently have been using.  

In order for the proposal to pass we require 2/3 majority vote of the owners. For Proposal 3 we will have run-off votes as needed until we arrive at our 2/3 majority. As always please let owners vote as the wish. 

6/15/2023 8:15 am  #15

​The Tennessee Copperheads are considering the following:

Last edited by vladee (6/15/2023 8:15 am)

slow down the rivers of time in your mind

6/15/2023 9:45 am  #16

n00bthtpwnz wrote:

Gritty wrote:

Keepers
The keeper system will remain the same for this season. Dan O'Mac has put together the following database for this year's keepers. You will NOT be required to submit keepers until after the Rookie Draft. But we thought that it would be helpful for you to see your potential roster before you develop your rookie draft strategy. Please check out the 'budget remaining' under your team. Your team will need to be at zero or positive $ before the Free Agency Draft closer to the start of the season. We are officially at the point where people will have to make really tough decisions about their rosters. This will increase more roster turnover and parity in the league.

If we already have our keepers picked for the season, are we able to submit them now?

If you have them feel free to email them to me. With that said, I will still be reaching out to everyone again for keepers when it is time. So it's up to you. 

6/16/2023 6:22 am  #17

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

The Seattle Steelheads are willing to entertain trade offers for the following players:

QB Derek Carr (12)
WR Devin Duvernay (8)
TE Darren Waller (18)
TE Tyler Higbee (10)
DL/LB Joey Bosa (17)
DL Jeffery Simmons (10)
LB Ja'Whaun Bentley (7)
LB Drue Tranquill (6)
DB Jalen Thompson (4)
K Brett Maher (8)

We're also willing to listen to offers on any of our players for the right price. In return, we're mainly looking for picks (rookie or FA), but RB is also a need.

The Seattle Steelheads have added LB Drue Tranquill to our list of notable available players. At just 6 points, Drue could be a cornerstone of your defense for years to come. Please reach out to Steelheads management to make an offer.

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

6/16/2023 8:47 pm  #18

Darknes wrote:

The Boston Nightriders are officially putting DL Myles Garrett and WR Amari Cooper on the trading block. We are also willing to listen to offers regarding potentially moving up in the draft using some of our draft capital to do so.

We're adding LB Matt Judon to our trade block, who's at a 7 Dollar value

6/17/2023 1:07 pm  #19

Just wanted to take a moment during the draft to announce that Matt1005 will be taking over the Buffalo Bolts this season! Please welcome him to the league and community. 

6/17/2023 1:14 pm  #20

Welcome aboard!  Get ready for the madness!

Just a couple things to help you on your quest for altfl greatness!

Have fun!
Stay active with the community!
Give Stickman all your rookie picks!

Follow these and you'll fit in, in no time!

Board footera