Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/13/2023 1:43 pm  #151

Re: The AltFL Season 2023

And... here's your official Rookie of the Year. Due to the sheer amount of points a QB can get, I decided to do a Rookie of the Year that would go to the top rookie regardless of position, and then an Offensive and Defensive Rookie of the Year. This way the top Offensive rookie who simply doesn't get as many points as a QB will still be recognized. The stats are based only on points scored in the starting lineup by rookies. And since we had multiple rookie kickers started throughout the season, I also decided to give out a Special Teams Rookie of the Year. You can see the full Rookie numbers HERE. It's the same sheet as last year, so you may need to click on the 2023 tab.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

12/13/2023 6:09 pm  #152

Well, you can’t win them all. The Destroyers ended the regular season with a close loss to the rival Sabercats. Even with the loss, the Destroyers are still West Division Champs and now look forward to their first playoff game of the modern era, where they will play host to the Dallas Bandits. We may have beaten Dallas in our match-up in week five, but anything goes in the playoffs. Leading the Destroyers onto KF11 Field at Oceanside Stadium in our alternate home set of Navy-Navy-Navy will be the man who quarterbacked San Diego to its first playoff appearance of the modern era, none other than Brock Purdy. #BattleReady #SDvsDAL #2023AltFLPlayoffs

Last edited by Kingsfan11 (12/13/2023 6:10 pm)

12/13/2023 11:43 pm  #153

The regular season has come to a close, and YOUR New York Emperors finish on a 13-game win streak and will be at home for the playoffs. But you already knew about the #1 seed thing since we locked that up before this. We beat down the rival Nightriders, and now head back home to the Polo Grounds to welcome the only other team that has never missed the playoffs in the modern era, the 2021 AltFL Champion Tennessee Copperheads. We're looking to claim back-to-back AltFL championships, and that starts with Tennessee, who has been on a roll lately to get into that final playoff spot. We're not going to do anything unexpected, we're going with the standard home set with the gray helmet, yellow jersey, and gray pants. Our featured player is All-AltFL wide receiver CeeDee Lamb! #ImperiumSineFine

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

12/15/2023 12:16 pm  #154

Alright, after 14 weeks of football, we are…wait…we aren’t done? We have to play football this weekend as well? Hold up, I’m allowed to play extra football this week? The playoffs? We made the playoffs? Wow. I didn’t think I’d be in this position. The St. Louis Explorers are ready for the playoffs at home vs. Buffalo. Time to chart our course through the postseason!

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

12/19/2023 11:30 am  #155

That's one round down in the playoffs, and YOUR New York Emperors knocked off the Tennessee Copperheads and move on to the Semifinals. We're going to host the Dallas Bandits this week, with a trip to Charlotte for the AltBowl on the line. Dallas is the only team to have knocked off the Emperors this season, so we're looking to avenge that Week 1 loss. We'll be in the standard home outfit again this week, with the gray helmets, yellow jerseys, and gray pants. Our featured player this week is star running back Christian McCaffrey. #ImperiumSineFine

1/01/2024 12:13 pm  #156

3/01/2024 12:39 pm  #157

A little off-season cleanup is happening. It seems every year we get to the drafts, and we have people saying "I should've had x pick from so-and-so". And I want to avoid that. Below are a list of picks that I have record being dealt in relation to the 2024 drafts. All are listed under which team owns the pick. If you don't see a pick listed below that you traded for, please reply here so I can get everything sorted and ready before hand.

ARIZONA SCORPIONS
acquired: none
traded away: none

BIRMINGHAM VULCANS

BOSTON NIGHTRIDERS
acquired: STL 1st Round General, BUF 2nd Round General, CHI 2nd Round General, NY 2nd Round General
traded away: BOS 3rd Round General

BUFFALO BOLTS
acquired: LA 1st Round Rookie, LA 2nd Round Rookie, BOS 3rd Round General
traded away: BUF 1st Round Rookie, BUF 1st Round General, BUF 2nd Round General

CAROLINA REAPERS

CHICAGO CYCLONES
trade away: CHI 2nd Round General

DALLAS BANDITS

KANSAS CITY SCARECROWS

KENTUCKY STALLIONS
acquired: none
traded away: none

LOS ANGELES SABERCATS
acquired:
BUF 1st Round Rookie
traded away: LA 1st Round Rookie, LA 2nd Round Rookie

MINNESOTA VOYAGEURS

NEW YORK EMPERORS
acquired:
SD 2nd Round General
traded away: NY 2nd Round General

ORLANDO GALACTICS

PHILADELPHIA BRAWLERS

PORTLAND GRIZZLIES

SAN DIEGO DESTROYERS
traded away: SD 1st Round General, SD 2nd Round General

SEATTLE STEELHEADS
acquired: SD 1st Round General, BUF 1st Round General

ST. LOUIS EXPLORERS
traded away: STL 1st Round General

TENNESSEE COPPERHEADS

UTAH RAPTORS
acquired: BUF 2nd Round General

Last edited by Dan O'Mac (3/01/2024 3:15 pm)

3/02/2024 6:11 am  #158

Believe it or not, LA did so many trades last year that I had managed to re-obtain the Sabercats' 1st Round Rookie Pick, (included in the trade were WRs Garrett Wilson and Marquise Brown).   Other than that, we're good.

Board footera