Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/24/2023 8:16 am  #41

Re: Building the League

Update - Just wanted to let everyone know that you can expect the Group C logos to drop either tonight (Saturday) or tomorrow morning (Sunday). At that time we'll also be voting on the cities for the Wildcard round. So stay tuned! 

6/25/2023 1:59 pm  #42

The plot thickens...this is the most excited I've been about an AltLeague in a VERY long time.

6/25/2023 3:15 pm  #43

My apologies for the delay every for this batch. I was traveling for a wedding this weekend and was met with major delays both there and back which cut into my AltLiga work time. We will still stay on the same timeline moving forward. 

Below you will find the submissions for the Group C clubs. But continue on after you vote for a little something extra. 

For explanations of each submission check out: Group C Badge Explanations

To rate each of the badges use: Group C Badge Voting

***Group D Badges will be due this upcoming Friday. I will drop them next Saturday. Those clubs are: 
Vfv 1158 Munich
Bukchon Hanok Stripes
Club de Ragatas do Independencia 
Real Esportivo Clube Rio de Janerio
CD Andes

*** We also have to vote on our cities. The two cities with the most points will automatically be accepted into AltLiga. The next four will go into a final voting round which will get us down to 2 additional Wildcard clubs. Please vote for the cities here: 

Wildcard City Voting

It is important to note that a few people nominated American cities for this round. While we didn't specifically mention it for this round, this project is for all nations except for US and Canada. We will consider building American clubs in the future. 

Last edited by Gritty (6/27/2023 5:56 pm)

6/27/2023 10:31 am  #44

We're off to the Group C Finals! 

Here are the finalists for Group C. As you will notice in the poll we will be rating Casablanca again. I had left off one of the submissions and by the time I was able to correct the error a few people had already voted. Therefore we are going to just rate them again to be fair. I will include the Final for Casablanca when I release the winners. 

Group C Final

\

Last edited by Gritty (6/27/2023 10:34 am)

6/29/2023 10:03 pm  #45

Here are the finalists for Union Sportive Casablanca...

Here are the first two in for the wildcard round....

The final two spots are up for grabs and four cities are going to battle it out for them. Those cities are: 
Capetown, South Africa
Johannesburg, South Africa
Beijing, China
Madrid, Spain 

To vote on both Casablanca AND the wildcard cities visit...
VOTE HERE

6/29/2023 10:07 pm  #46

Gritty, on the graphic for Casablanca, you have logos A, B, and C. But on the voting form you have options for A, B, and D. So is the third option C or D?

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

6/30/2023 7:58 am  #47

Gritty wrote:

Here are the finalists for Union Sportive Casablanca...

Here are the first two in for the wildcard round....

The final two spots are up for grabs and four cities are going to battle it out for them. Those cities are: 
Capetown, South Africa
Johannesburg, South Africa
Beijing, China
Madrid, Spain 

To vote on both Casablanca AND the wildcard cities visit...
VOTE HERE

My Spain has finally made it! Can't wait to see the final 2 cities and Casablanca's winning badge, although we'll have to wait sometime for that.

Last edited by GoosetavoMan (6/30/2023 8:01 am)

Fictional sports league and country fanatic.
If cows were made of grass, would they feed on grass?

6/30/2023 3:32 pm  #48

My apologies everyone. The options are A, B and C - the graphic is correct and the poll has been corrected. Carry on. 

7/01/2023 12:59 pm  #49

Group C Badges

Here are is our current list of winning badges: 

Group D Badges

We had a lighter load of submissions this week. Despite smaller numbers we will still go through the same process of selecting the badges. 

GROUP D BADGE VOTING
GROUP D BADGE EXPLANATIONS

As for our Wildcard Round. We have our final two cities...

Wildcard Names are due by Monday: 

Submit Your Submissions Here

On The Horizon: 

Home Kits are going to be due ALL AT ONCE!

We are going to have one gigantic kit blast. 

All submissions must be completed on a 2D template of your choice. I leave it to the community to help share templates if you need one. 

Designers are not to include advertisements on the kits at this time. 

QCS has a drive of all of the badges which I am sure they will be able to share with the thread. 

The jersey submissions stage is a great opportunity for everyone to get in on the action. 

For now, we will only be designing the HOME KIT of each club. 

Each home kit will feature the colors of the badge that was selected

After the owner draft we will have a CLASH kit round in which owners will be able to submit preferences as to what they would like in the uniform (colors, elements, etc) and the community will design towards that brief. 

The due date for the kits will be JULY 24

We will provide more information as we complete the badge round, but feel free to get started! 

Last edited by Gritty (7/01/2023 1:04 pm)

7/02/2023 10:14 pm  #50

Yep, I sure do have that folder! You can find it here: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1Ech169H_Ygsgn2rdYjcfBXkg5Ci3d5SM

There are also vector files (AI, SVG, and Legacy AI) in the folder, and I'll be updating it as logos win. If you do win a logo, please send a vector file (if you have it) to me either on Discord or via email at wbdibella@gmail.com. Right now, I'm waiting on Amsterdam, London, Bastille, and Athens.

Gritty, I have a question about the logo revision process. What is the scope of changes that we can expect to see? For example, are we going to see small tweaks like fixing the tracking or the curve of some text, or are we going to make bigger changes like tweaking colors? I want to make sure I understand what could happen before I start to commit colors and designs to "paper" in kit designs.

Board footera