Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/12/2023 10:04 am  #31

Re: Building the League

I think we definitely narrowed it down well. Obviously some good crests left out, but that's to be expected (i.e. my favorite from Amsterdam didn't make the finals, but all of Amsterdam's submissions were good) with the quality across the board. 

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

6/13/2023 8:25 am  #32

We have our first batch of badges for our AltLiga clubs. 

Our big winner this round was QCS who won 3 of our logos. Also congrats to Steel and NoE for bringing home the other two. 

Follow the progress of the AltLiga here. I'll keep the sheet open until Thursday night. 

Group B logos are due Friday morning.

6/13/2023 8:29 am  #33

Congrats QCS, NoE and Steelman! I think that we have a great start to the league's design with these 5 crests.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

6/13/2023 10:11 am  #34

Wow, thanks for the support guys! I'm pretty proud of those three logos and I'm excited to see them in the league. I dig the other two as well, a good start for sure. Hopefully we can keep this level of quality up for the other groups!

6/13/2023 10:14 am  #35

Congrats, Sky and Steel! We've got some great crests to start.

6/13/2023 8:53 pm  #36

Update

I wanted to address something that has bubbled up regarding the design of badges.

The Question : What date should people use if they'd like to include a founding date on the badge?

The Quick Answer : Designers should use 2023 as a temporary date until after the owner draft. 

The Long Answer : We are treating the AltLiga as we have all other leagues. We will run a legacy project for the 20 seasons prior to our first fantasy season. Our fantasy seasons are considered the 'modern era' of the league. That means that the founding of this league is 2003. However if owners would like to think of their club as older than that they are more than free to. However we can only claim trophies from the Legacy Project and beyond. 

To Review : For the design process we will use 2023 as a placeholder. The owner will be able to have the original designer adjust the badge after the Owner Draft. 

If you have any questions please let me know.

6/17/2023 7:30 am  #37

Welcome to week 2 of the badge design phase of the AltLiga project. 

A few programming notes: 
-Rating will run through Sunday
-Finalists announced on Monday
-Winning badges revealed on Tuesday

-As usual please let people vote as they please. Let's save commentary, feedback and whatnot until after the winning crests have been revealed. 
-Let's also keep the tenor of feedback positive. Perhaps save more critical feedback for people who solicit it. This process is for designers and non-designers alike and we wouldn't want to discourage people from submitting in the future. 

-On Tuesday after the winning badges have been revealed we will also be starting the wildcard round. This process will yield our four final clubs. More information to come on Tuesday. 

Now for the reason you are all here: 

For more information behind the submission please check out:
GROUP B BADGE EXPLANATIONS

To rate the badges: 
DESIGNING THE BADGES (GROUP B)

Group C Badges are due June 23
Union Sportive Casablanca
Eye of the Sun FC
Olympique de Bastille
London Public FC
VFV 1158 Munich

Last edited by Gritty (6/17/2023 7:33 am)

6/18/2023 10:01 pm  #38

Gritty wrote:

Group C Badges are due June 23
Union Sportive Casablanca
Eye of the Sun FC
Olympique de Bastille
London Public FC
VFV 1158 Munich

just to clarify because you posted munich here but athens is in group c on the original graphic. which one is actually going to be due next week?

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

6/19/2023 9:43 am  #39

@IDM good catch. Athens is due this week. Munich will be due next week. Thanks for catching that. 

It is time for the GROUP B FINAL. Thank you to everyone who continues to submit logos for the community to choose from.  I think we had a great second batch so keep it up! 

Other Notes:
Group C Logos are due this Friday. Just give me a heads up if you need a few extra hours. 

Please refer back to the previous post to access the explanations for the Group B Badges

I will post the winning logos tomorrow for Group B.

I will also announce the plan for the Wildcard Round tomorrow as well. 

Now on to the Finals!

Please submit your vote for Group B Here

Last edited by Gritty (6/20/2023 9:20 am)

6/20/2023 9:22 am  #40

We are through Groups A and B. Good work everybody! 

Now while people are designing their Group C Club Logos, we have some more work to do! 

Please nominate 2 cities to include in our WILDCARD Round. These will be teams 20-24 in our league design process. 

NOMINATION FORM

Board footera