Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/10/2023 10:01 pm  #11

Re: The Major Lacrosse Association

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

some good stuff lately! I really like chicago and cleveland. they each have a really solid logo and a unique uniform set. I like the sash on the cards as something they can own, and I dig the red aways but it might be tough to keep around with a lot of people still watching tv in black and white. cleveland is also really solid but I don't think they need the black. it's used so sparingly and I think the brown and silver is a strong enough color scheme without it. boston looks a little bit ... dull by comparison, although with them being a brand new team that might make some sense. I do like the colors, though, and I'll definitely be rooting for them because I am an insufferable masshole baby go wolves

Thanks for the kind words! Cleveland was probably my favorite to work on, their current name was a last minute change from something else. I wanted to tie in Burke Lakefront Airport (which is where I park for Browns games lol) since it is a part of me and Cleveland

1/11/2023 11:33 am  #12

So far Cleveland is my favourite looking team, I like the dark red/burgundy that they use. Excited to see the rest of these teams.

1/11/2023 1:40 pm  #13

Coming in next is Detroit Jackals Lacrosse Club. The Jackals are owned by Detroit own's Cliff Sorbert. Cliff founded the team 1968 but has very little interest in the team. When looking for a 10th team, the Jackals were reluctantly let into the league but were on thin ice. Cliff is known as a pretty shady person and he seems to be more invested in the Detroit Dreadnoughts, who are Detroit's pro football team. It is speculated that Cliff will join his friend Detroit Dreadnoughts Owner (DDO) and give up on lacrosse.

Why Jackals?
Jackals may seem a little far off from Detroit. The truth is, Cliff has always been fascinated with Egyptian mythology. When he realized he could name the team after something Egyptian, he pounced on the opportunity.

The Jackals play at the whopping 1,000 seat Jackals Sports Complex. Surprisingly the league allowed a member to play at a 1,000 seat venue but Cliff promised he'd get the venue expanded in a couple years. The venue's max attendance was a whole 300 people, not to mention that the stadium is literally falling apart. Things look to be going downhill for the Jackals, but can Cliff turn it around?

1/12/2023 3:37 pm  #14

Here we are with Blaine Thornton and Golden Horseshoe Lacrosse Club. Located in Brampton, the Leafs are a mighty fine lacrosse club. While Brampton isn't a Chicago, they were allowed into the league because of their history. Founded in 1899, the Leafs have plenty of championships from local Ontario leagues.

The Leafs play at the absolutely wonderful Brampton Gardens. The stadium seats 6,000 people with standing room for more. A perfect stadium for a perfect team.

Away Jerseys?
The Leafs decided to use the maple leaf on their away jerseys to add a little flair. While it may not look great for the time period, the team is always willing to experiment.

1/13/2023 2:54 pm  #15

Were up here with Rodney Lane's Philadelphia Rattlesnakes Lacrosse Club. Found back in 1885 simply taking the name "Philadelphia Lacrosse Club". They adopted Rattlesnakes from what began as a nickname. Philadelphia has always been a middle of the road team but can compete with the big boys every now and again. Rodney expects his team to make a huge splash this year against new competition.

The Rattlesnakes play at 8,000 seat Liberty Park. They have played there since their inception and love to hang out with the crowd after games. Definitely a stadium with pride and culture.

1/13/2023 3:01 pm  #16

The Snakes got a nice look, I like the logo. I think maybe only missing nose holds, but it holds up. The stroke around the tongue is a bit odd since there isn't a stroke around the rest of the snake, but it's got a great shape and I like it a lot.

1/14/2023 7:01 pm  #17

Whoa there! I can barely stand after Trent's team came by. This is Racing Louisville Lacrosse Club. They are owned by Louisville entrepreneur, Trent Duff. Founded in 1940, they have been pretty good. The Stallions have even competed in a few National Tournaments, which they beat the Chicago Cardinals in one year. Trent has a lot of pride for his team and thinks they can make a splash this year. The fans gave the club an unofficial nickname, "Electricians". This is because they have the bright yellow and blue.

The Stallions play at The Downs. The Downs is a converted race track. The stadium seats up to 10,000 fans. For many, it is difficult to find fans from opposing teams, the yellow and blue are pretty dominant.

1/14/2023 10:50 pm  #18

One thing I've noticed that seems a bit out of place on a few of these jerseys are the thick, black outline on the numbers with no other black on the jerseys.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

1/14/2023 11:49 pm  #19

Dan O'Mac wrote:

One thing I've noticed that seems a bit out of place on a few of these jerseys are the thick, black outline on the numbers with no other black on the jerseys.

I only really added them because I wanted an outline outside the number. And black was the first color that came to mind. I just seemed to like it around the numbers.

1/15/2023 12:49 am  #20

Jayhawk wrote:

Dan O'Mac wrote:

I only really added them because I wanted an outline outside the number. And black was the first color that came to mind. I just seemed to like it around the numbers.

That's fair, it's okay to have things you like, but why is it always black? Most of these teams don't use black for anything else, and you'd get the same look by using blue on the snakes or jackals or brown on the t-birds. Even if it's something you think looks good, it does start to get repetitive when you use it across the entire league. I know that something I keep an eye on when I design is when teams start to look like each other, and since a lot of your jerseys don't have a lot of striping or anything, it does kinda look like they're running into each other a little bit.

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

Board footera