Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/25/2023 12:18 pm  #61

Re: AltLB - 2023 Season

Sorry for double posting but for a top three overall pick I'm willing to go a bit more all out on a mega deal type of trade particularly  for no. 1.

3/25/2023 5:40 pm  #62

Trade moratorium is in place, Carolina-Las Vegas trade has been processed for 2023 picks. They will set up the trade to move the 2024 pick after the draft.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

3/25/2023 10:47 pm  #63

I'm not going to wait around. The season starts on Thursday, but the Bison are going to be sharing what we're wearing for game one of our title defense. We'll be at home to start the season, and we're going to be opening the season in the traditional cream jerseys. #WeAreOK

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

3/26/2023 6:41 pm  #64

Doing something a little different for our uniform reveals this year. The Griffins will be rocking their blue jerseys four times this year - twice in Charlotte vs. Los Angeles and vs. Detroit, once in Raleigh vs. Kansas City, and once on the road at Arizona. Every other home game will be Raleigh in our classic home whites and on the road we're rocking the road grays. Carolina has plenty of young, exciting players and we're excited to take on the class of the AltLB as we open at home vs. Memphis this week. Play Ball!

3/26/2023 10:05 pm  #65

Today, the sports world was stunned by a strange development.  Baseball Owner Stickman, perhaps based known for attempting to declare war on the city of Oklahoma City and also quite literally attempting to invade it last season, was finally arrested for his crimes and general insanity.  His sudden removal from his position as owner of the New York Blackbirds would normally bring about questions as to who would replace him, but that was answered quickly.

Unbelievably, former Los Angeles Titans owner Hockey Stickman, famed for several controversies during his tenure, has announced today that he in fact will be taking over operations as the new New York Blackbirds owner, having secured the finances through his (shady) business relationship with Corporate Bank, the soulless banking enterprise whose name often gets tacked onto all of the Stickmen teams' stadiums.   If it wasn't already, the New York Blackbirds' stadium will be (re?)named into Corporate Bank Field.

"I know you're all shocked by my return to sports ownership" began Stickman, "but there was no way that after my... brother let's say... Baseball Stickman was unfairly arrested for crimes he obviously didn't commit, that the New York Blackbirds would fall into the hands of anyone that didn't understand the Stickman way.  I understand it better than most and therefore, I am the correct person to own the franchise, so if you've got a problem with that, I got two words for you... "

"And those words are...?" asked AltSPN journalist Dick Dingleberry.  

"Too bad losers!"

"That's... oh forget it!    Where's my emergency flask at anyway?"

"Oh, and I have another announcement.  Since Hockey Stickman doesn't really make sense for a baseball team owner, I've also legally changed my name to Stickball Owner Stickman!  Pretty catchy, eh?"

"What in the hell possessed you to name yourself something so stupid?!"

"Well, in hockey, you smack a puck with a hockey stick, right?  And in baseball, you smack a ball with a baseball bat/stick, no?  There you go"

"I give up!   [size=75]Only 2 more years until retirement... then I can hang out with my friends Jack, Jim, and Jose all I want toAnyway, I'm supposed to ask you about this nonsense about you getting into some drama involving a lawyer, a koala bear, and a blueberry muffin, as if anyone actually cares[size=50]t[/size][/size]" muttered the annoyed Dingleberry.   

"No comment"

Andddd, there you go!   New owner, new name, same ol' shenanigans?  

Last edited by Stickman (3/26/2023 10:09 pm)

3/26/2023 10:26 pm  #66

MAJOR CUBANS' UPDATE

Our manager will be Antonio Oliva Lopez Hernandes Javique

Our pitching coach will be the one and only Pat Venditte.

Stadiums:
Since El Yate Caliente was not selected for Fields of the Future, it will be our home stadium.

Minor League Teams:
Triple A: Miami Pitbulls

Double A: Mobile Homes

Single A: Anchorage Auks

There was a different idea for the single a team but it has become null & void.

[̨̰͉̖͉͍̘̬̺͚͈̟̺̘̮̕R̴͎̠͇̱̤͖̠̥̥̱̱̦̪͡E̼͇̗̥̙͈̰̤͎͙͘͟͞D͏̴̵̷̛̮̱̼͈͚̥̝͚͙̤̞̺̝Ạ̵̲̯͍̙̲̙͜͞͞C̵̣̻̮̹͕̭̱̘͍̗̮̗͇͕̱̹̗͟͜ͅͅT̢̠̞̪̮̫͕̮͙̠͇͢͞E̷̪̳͉͎̞̤̱̞̩͎͕̹̱͓͡D͓̮̝̪̩͈͎̳͔̀͜ͅ]̶̡̡͉̟̩̩͙͙...

Last edited by Jayhawk (3/26/2023 10:26 pm)

3/26/2023 11:17 pm  #67

The Kansas City Colts have finally decided on a stadium. It will be located in the infield of Kansas Speedway, and aptly named the Kansas Speedway Stadium.

As for their minor league team names…, well, Magic still hasn’t figured that one out yet. Oh well, a problem for another day.

Owner of the AltHL's Alaska Auroras, AltLB's Kansas City Colts, AltFL's Kentucky Stallions,  AltCAA's University of Kansas City Cosmos (2001 Legacy Champions)

3/30/2023 1:10 pm  #68

Welcome to Opening Day! Baseball is kicking off, and it's actually doing so on time this year. The Atoms are looking to defend our National League crown and get another shot at a title. We've got an improved roster, but we're sticking with the old guard for our featured player, kicking things off with last year's team MVP. 1B Pete Alonso will be leading the team out of the dugout in the black alternate jerseys as we face the Blackbirds in a rematch of last year's NLCS. The chips are down, and we're going to leave it all out on the field - you can #BetOnIt. #UpAndAtom #NYvsLV

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

3/30/2023 2:33 pm  #69

It's finally that time of the year: Opening Day! The Thunderbirds will try to reach the playoffs this year after a disappointing miss from last year. We will open our 25th season at Gila River Park and 20th season under Terry Francona with a series against the Minnesota Gemini, who are also looking for their way into the playoffs this year in a very tough American League. Although we've gained and lost some players this year, but longtime 1B Freddie Freeman is still here and ready to lead the T-Birds onto the field for the opening series. We will wear our home whites to open up the year. Since we are hosting the Sandlot Series in Tonto National Forest, we will highlight famous natural locations across Arizona as part of our previews, starting with the most famous of them all, the Grand Canyon. #Thunderstruck

Founder of the EFL and the AFL

3/30/2023 5:35 pm  #70

it must be first baseman week, seeing how everybody's featured a first baseman so far

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

Board footera