Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/07/2023 11:19 am  #41

Re: AltLB - 2023 Season

OAKLAND SQUIRRELS
Hosting Bid: Turn Ahead the Clock
Location: A virtual platform (Like how Fortnite hosts concerts/events). Do I find it humorous? Yes, but after giving it some thought, I believe this is actually a great idea.
Reasoning:
- Who's better to host a future themed event than a team located in the Silicon Valley?
- A virtual event would test/push cutting edge technology that will change how we live in the near future.
- To benefit the fans, the AltLB could make the virtual viewing simulate the experience of a fan at an actual game without putting anyone at risk of COVID.
- To benefit the league, the AltLB could make the viewing platform (or stadium) as large as they desire with little consequence. Doing this gives the league the ability to cut "ticket" prices while establishing a high ceiling for potential profit.
- I also encourage you to consider the opportunity of growing the game through accessibility (which baseball desperately needs right now). By hosting the event on an immersive, virtual platform, everyone gets the chance to participate (this is why I mentioned cutting the "ticket" prices earlier).
I believe this avenue would benefit our league the most in many different ways. For a league who lost a handful of teams prior to starting, recognizing potential growth while minimizing financial loss in the process is the number 1 priority. Instead of blowing cash to test markets that might not work (the traditional method), why not let the fans tell us who's actually invested in our sport?.... all while generating a dumb amount of revenue.

Opportunities beyond the initial idea:
- Establish concession agreements that give large companies with established online platforms (Amazon/AltLB.com/Nike) the opportunity to sell merchandise in the virtual venue. This would not only generate backing to carry out this idea, but also give the consumer the unique opportunity to benefit from the appeal of a "brick-and-mortar" and virtual shopping at the same time.
- Imagine a fan zone that gives fans the ability to experience their favorite players life. If a person from New Zealand wants to fire balls over 400 ft like their favorite Squirrel but has no athletic ability, what's stopping us from virtually juicing them up?

=24pxLet's create an unmatched experience that builds a connection. Let's build the AltLB.

Name Submission
Turn Ahead the Clock: The "Digital Derby" Powered by 0100000101101100011101000100110001000010 

Can we also not do the guessing game in a main thread anymore? It has ran 9 PAGES, making it very difficult to locate league information (like this community event) when I find free time. I almost used all of my time trying to find QCS's original post.
.....This was literally copied and pasted from last year's thread so disregard that bit at the end.... or regard it... I am not your boss.

3/07/2023 7:29 pm  #42

if I haven't already, I'd like to formally go on record and say that the digital derby should be a separate event in addition to sandlot and fotf. it's a really really good idea and I'd hate to only see it happen once

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

3/07/2023 8:42 pm  #43

I'm going to add on to what we have going on by opening bids for the All-Star Game as well! I've already received one from Tampa Bay. The rules for this one are a little different from the event games - there's no restrictions apart from two: you can't host it two years in a row (not a problem this year) and you can't host it and an event game in the same year. If anyone who has submitted an Event Game bid would like to change their bid to an All-Star bid, please let me know. Otherwise, happy bidding! I'll leave the bids open for 3 more days before closing for polls.

3/07/2023 10:14 pm  #44

The Havana Cubans will be submitting a bid for the Fields of The Future game.

The game would be hosted on a yacht off the coast of Havana. The yacht will be dubbed El Yate Caliente which translates to "The Hot Yacht". 

The yacht will be huge to be able to host a baseball game but there is plenty of cash to get it done.

There will be an exclusive upper deck with food, music, dancing and "fun drinks" for the adults. Including pineapples being used as drinking glasses. You could also have the opportunity to ride on a jet ski with the chance of catching a home run if one is hit out there.

The overall goal is to provide a very fun and unique night for their fans. 

3/07/2023 10:57 pm  #45

Jayhawk wrote:

The Havana Cubans will be submitting a bid for the Fields of The Future game.

The game would be hosted on a yacht off the coast of Havana. The yacht will be dubbed El Yate Caliente which translates to "The Hot Yacht". 

The yacht will be huge to be able to host a baseball game but there is plenty of cash to get it done.

There will be an exclusive upper deck with food, music, dancing and "fun drinks" for the adults. Including pineapples being used as drinking glasses. You could also have the opportunity to ride on a jet ski with the chance of catching a home run if one is hit out there.

The overall goal is to provide a very fun and unique night for their fans. 

Boozeball cruise

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

3/09/2023 9:30 am  #46

This is a reminder, with the start of the season being on March 30, 2023, the keeper deadline is set to leave enough time for both getting those entered and for the draft. Keepers are due March 18th, 2023 at noon EST. 

My goal with the budget was to provide consistency and familiarity. So the budget for the players drafted in the initial 2022 draft will be 120 points. Players drafted in the first round will have a value of 15 points, and subsequent picks will go down by 1 (second round worth 14, third round worth 13, etc.). Player will have a keeper value of 1 at the minimum. Anyone you picked up off waivers will be worth 1, unless you drafted them initially. Then they retain their drafted value. But only when you are the team that drafted them. The goal will to have players drafted in 2023 have values starting at 10 for first round picks with subsequent picks going down by one. This is in line with the AltFL in order to keep it familiar and easier for you to track. Caveat: that may change if rule changes are submitted and voted into place.

If you think there may be a discrepancy, message me on here, Discord, or send an email. I'll review and let you know.

Player Values

Take a look, make your choices. Feel free to discuss trades with your co-owners as well. Once you have, please email those to me at AltLB.DC@gmail.com

There are 9 days, 150 minutes until they are due. If you do not submit keepers, I will go right down the list until your budget is full or we hit the roster size maximum, whichever comes first.

Last edited by Dan O'Mac (3/09/2023 9:31 am)

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

3/10/2023 4:48 pm  #47

With the bidding complete, we now turn to voting! Once again we're doing ranked choice voting, which means you'll be ranking the options from most to least favorite. Once again, 1 is your most favorite choice and the highest number is your least favorite choice. The bid with the lowest amount of "points" will be selected. The poll will be open for three days and will close at 3:00 PM Pacific Time (6:00 PM Eastern Time) on March 13th. So get your votes in!

You can vote here: AltLB 2023 Event Games Host

In addition, I'd like to congratulate the Tampa Bay Turtles for being selected as the host of the All-Star Game this year. They did run unopposed, but a win's a win, right?

Here are the bids for the Sandlot Series and Fields of the Future games!

3/14/2023 1:28 pm  #48

It's time to announce the winning bids for the 2023 Sandlot Series and Fields of the Future! All things considered it was a pretty close vote, one or two more ballots could've been the difference. But anyway, here are our winning bids!

That's right! We'll be heading to the desert once again, but this time in Arizona for the Sandlot Series game! Our Fields of the Future game will be hosted online by the Oakland Squirrels! Congrats to our winners.

Next steps: find your opponent! Find a home game on the schedule and ask if your opponent will agree to play. As a reminder, if you play in an event game, who have to wait two years before you can play in one again. The teams that are ineligible this year are CAR, NY, LV, and OKC. Anyone else is fair game as long as they agree to it. After that, you and your opponent can design logos and uniforms for the game. If you need help designing feel free to ask. Looking forward to what we see this year!

3/14/2023 3:38 pm  #49

The Arizona Thunderbirds have come to an agreement with the Los Angeles Condors to be our opponent the Sandlot Series in our week 10 matchup. Branding for both teams and the event will come at a later date.

Founder of the EFL and the AFL

3/15/2023 11:04 am  #50

This is a reminder, with the start of the season being on March 30, 2023, the keeper deadline is set to leave enough time for both getting those entered and for the draft. =24pxKeepers are due March 18th, 2023 at noon EST

My goal with the budget was to provide consistency and familiarity. So the budget for the players drafted in the initial 2022 draft will be 120 points. Players drafted in the first round will have a value of 15 points, and subsequent picks will go down by 1 (second round worth 14, third round worth 13, etc.). Player will have a keeper value of 1 at the minimum. Anyone you picked up off waivers will be worth 1, unless you drafted them initially. Then they retain their drafted value. But only when you are the team that drafted them. The goal will to have players drafted in 2023 have values starting at 10 for first round picks with subsequent picks going down by one. This is in line with the AltFL in order to keep it familiar and easier for you to track. Caveat: that may change if rule changes are submitted and voted into place.

If you think there may be a discrepancy, message me on here, Discord, or send an email. I'll review and let you know.

=24pxPlayer Values

Take a look, make your choices. Feel free to discuss trades with your co-owners as well. Once you have, =24pxplease email those to me at AltLB.DC@gmail.com

There are just a couple minutes less than 3 days until they are due. If you do not submit keepers, I will go right down the list until your budget is full or we hit the roster size maximum, whichever comes first.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

Board footera