Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/02/2022 8:00 pm  #1

Junior Hockey Circuit

AltHL Junior Hockey Circuit

It is time for this year's first project for our community! For this project we head to our oldest league...the AltHL. Before the players lace up their skates to play for our AltHL teams they had to come from somewhere. In our case it is in the ranks of the AltCAA and the Junior Hockey Circuit. 

Like the AltCAA this will be a project where community members can make their own teams! In this case they can make THREE! As a community we will be designing three separate junior hockey leagues in Canada. For now, they will retain the current names of the WHL, OHL and QMJHL Those will change a little bit later but for now those will be the place holders. 

Western Hockey League - teams from British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Northwest Territories, Yukon, Nunavut

Ontario Hockey League - teams from ...Ontario

Quebec Major Junior Hockey League - teams from Quebec, PEI, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland & Labrador, 

Here's how it will work:
STEP 1 - Fill out the following form with the name of each of the teams that you are creating. The deadline to submit your names will be next Saturday 12/10.
STEP 2 - Keep your teams a secret...at that point I will reveal just the names of the teams in the league. There is a reason you will want to keep them a secret. I'll have that reveal next weekend. 
STEP 3 - Start designing your logos and sweaters. Once I post the teams feel free to start posting your designs. 

A few rules and guidelines: 
1.) Cannot use any team names from the AltHL, NHL or CHL (current juniors) 
2.) Keep names appropriate within the guidelines of AHS. 
3.) You are allowed to have teams in markets of current CHL teams. Just stay out of the cities that currently have AltHL teams. We will not worry about current AltHL farm team locations. 

Have fun! 

12/03/2022 8:59 am  #2

Re: Junior Hockey Circuit

Can we have teams in the Northern United States like in the real life CHL?

12/03/2022 11:49 am  #3

We're going to stick to Canada for now but we will do the USA and World teams eventually. 

12/13/2022 3:10 pm  #4

Get Your Teams In Now! (Fill Out This Form!)

12/30/2022 6:55 pm  #5

Feel free to start posting your teams identities and backgrounds. I'll get things started with my three...

12/31/2022 12:23 pm  #6

Awesome work, Gritty! I love the names for the teams and you've done an excellent job with the logos and sweaters. Your shading especially feels like it leveled up. I think Peterborough is my favorite, the color scheme is really nice and that logo is stellar. The jerseys are so unique as well, really nice work as always!

12/31/2022 6:41 pm  #7

I would put something together but I have forgotten the names of my teams

Last edited by Thehealthiestscratch (12/31/2022 6:41 pm)

12/31/2022 10:03 pm  #8

SAINT JOHN FIGHTING IRISH

Honoring the Irish community of Saint John, the Fighting Irish sport a classic green and blue color scheme and a four-leaf clover as their logo. The Irish have been a staple in the town for years and will represent themselves and the province of New Brunswick as best they can.

NIAGARA FALLS BLUES

The Blues are named for the hue of the rushing water that the town is named after. A double-blue color scheme complements a Rangers-style shield logo and a classic NF interlock. On the jerseys, diagonal text, falling like the Niagara River. A simple striping pattern highlights the columbia blue used as the primary jersey.

BANFF BLIZZARD

Coming from the gorgeous Banff National Park, the Blizzard pay homage to to fierce winter storms that strike Alberta. A modern purple and ice blue color scheme is paired with a unique gradient yoke and a hexagonal font (courtesy of IDM) which resembles the marks of the snowflake logo.

1/01/2023 9:38 pm  #9

I'm digging all these QCS. I really like what you have for Banff, and Niagara Falls is a really good looking team. I like the blue-green scheme on the Fighting Irish a lot.

Gritty, I love the logo for the Pirates. That's gorgeous. I like the striping as a minor league thing, even if it's not my cup of tea. The Bison logo is great, but I feel like the gray on the jerseys is unnecessary. It doesn't look bad, but doesn't feel needed. The Roadrunners with the stick legs is great, and R/W/B is something we don't do much of around these parts, so it's honestly a nice look.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

Board footera