Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/12/2022 12:10 am  #21

Re: AltBA Season 2022

Hello folks, Dan O'Mac here. Important AltBA news. Now, first off, I am still the owner of an AltBA team. Just not the one in Pittsburgh. With six teams folding, I had the unique opportunity to purchase a team that was more my tastes and styles. I appreciated my time in Pittsburgh, and as I had promised, I had put a winning team on the court.

But, as I said, a unique opportunity was presented, and I took it. Dan O'Mac is looking forward to my teams going coast-to-coast, from New York City to the Pacific Northwest, as I have purchased the Seattle Emeralds!

With this purchase, we're leaving Pittsburgh, but some of that team is coming with us. We will be bringing my coaching staff from Pittsburgh with us. I had a great working cooperation with Head Coach Tim Duncan and his Ass. Coaches Bryant "Big Country" Reeves and Manu Ginobli will now be the coaching staff of the Seattle Emeralds. We'd like to take this time to thank Gary Payton and his Ass. Coach Loyola's Sister Jean for their work last year.

Secondly, we built a new arena. We simply don't want to be on a boat that often. So we're going to give that to former Emeralds Owner ANDY! I had it transported to Miami, and anchored it outside the Hammerheads stadium. We built a new, green arena right across the street from the Steelheads' Starbucks Stadium. However, I personally signed a pretty iron-clad agreement with Dick's Sporting Goods, so "The Dick" heads out west with Dick's Coliseum, as seen here:

Finally, we will retain our announced AltG-League team, the Delaware Tiderunners. They will still be starting play this year, just in Emeralds colors now. I think that covers everything but players, and we'll see how that plays out when Commissioner Gritty announces the plan for the upcoming season.

Last edited by Dan O'Mac (10/12/2022 11:30 am)

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

10/13/2022 6:25 am  #22

Poll #2 - 3 Options

I was trying to give the poll as long as possible to determine a top two but we ended up in a three way tie. Please vote again but this time between these three options. I'll close the poll tomorrow morning so that everyone knows where we are going. 

POLL

10/13/2022 6:36 pm  #23

The AltBA schedule release begins with the first week of games! Weeks 1 and 18 feature all divisional matchups, so be prepared to play your best against your rivals. (Also, vote in the poll Gritty posted above if you haven't!)

Last edited by QCS (10/13/2022 6:37 pm)

10/14/2022 2:34 pm  #24

The next 8 weeks of the AltBA schedule is here!

10/14/2022 9:20 pm  #25

I see you Quice, I see why you put the Flyers against the Revelers first in the new schedule.  Nothing to be ashamed about.  You wanted your season to start with a bang and what better why to begin than with a PARTY GRAS!!!

Can't wait to get this party started!

10/16/2022 4:29 pm  #26

Happy Sunday everyone! 

It wouldn't be a fall weekend without some Alt Sports updates. This weekend we are here to talk about the AltBA. 

1.) We have officially merged the Eastern and Western conferences to form one league on Fantrax. 

2.) Therefore I had to start a new league and not renew last years leagues. You have now (hopefully) received your email invitation to join the AltBA. 

3.) After the two rounds of votes. The league owners were in favor of OPTION 1. This option essentially starts the league from scratch. The draft order was determined by order of finish from last season. The Atlanta Devils have the #1 overall pick as our defending champions. 

4.) The draft will be tomorrow night MONDAY, OCTOBER 17 @ 8 PM ET. 

5.) The schedule created by QCS has been uploaded to Fantrax. 

6.) The AltBA season begins on Tuesday. 

10/16/2022 5:49 pm  #27

The next 8 weeks of AltBA competition!

10/16/2022 9:29 pm  #28

Making a suggestion here and not in the suggestion box because of the quick turnaround time: can the redraft at least be a fixed draft rather than a snake draft? That way the teams that were better last year would actually be better in a material sense.

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

10/17/2022 9:38 am  #29

Quick note, in Fantrax, it appears that the Revelers are playing both the Flyers and the Cardinals.   Going off of Quice's schedule, the Sentinels should be playing the Cardinals, if someone wants to fix that up real quick, (I'll post in the discord too)

10/17/2022 11:44 am  #30

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

Making a suggestion here and not in the suggestion box because of the quick turnaround time: can the redraft at least be a fixed draft rather than a snake draft? That way the teams that were better last year would actually be better in a material sense.

Yep, the top teams are just being punished for being good with a snake.

Board footera