Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/12/2022 10:31 pm  #1

The 8FL

Howdy, everyone! This is my newest project. Don't worry this isn't an Alaska Ice Hockey League or North American Box Lacrosse League. It's a league I will actually continue to grow. I hope you all enjoy my wacky but fun concept.

1. Thanks to QCS for the help on the league logo. You're a real one.
2. This will be a slow burn project. I do not have all the founding logos and uniforms finished yet. So bare with me please.
3. GO CRAZY AHH!!!

=======================================================================================
INTRODUCTION
The 8FL (8 Man Football League) or The 8, if you will. Is a professional 8 man indoor football league. There are indoor football leagues yes, but, the founders of the 8 have dreamt up a concept like no other.  The goal was to provide affordable family fun to different arenas. It's your basic indoor football but with a slightly more fun aspect.

League Rules
- 8 Players per side. (I know, its a huge shock.)
- 3 Down Linemen
- 50 Yard Field
- A "Power Play" called the "5th Down" has been integrated. This can be used when a team does not convert on a 4th Down. This can be used ONCE per game per team and it will give the team another crack at a conversion.
- If a kickoff goes through the goal post. The kicking team will be awarded with 1 point.
- If kicking PATs is not your style, don't worry. A 2 Point Conversion can be attempted from the 5. A 3 Point Conversion can be attempted from the 15. Or a 4 Point Conversion from the 25 (Midfield).

If any of this seems confusing please comment and I'll try to explain it the best I can.

Last edited by Jayhawk (8/18/2022 6:02 pm)

8/12/2022 10:44 pm  #2

Re: The 8FL

You have my attention with 4pt conversion 

8/12/2022 10:53 pm  #3

5 point conversion from the opposite goal line.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

8/12/2022 10:55 pm  #4

Dan O'Mac wrote:

5 point conversion from the opposite goal line.

That would be too crazy

8/12/2022 11:51 pm  #5

What year will be the inaugural season of the 8FL?

Will NY and LA each have teams or will it be just AAA markets or even fictional cities?

8/13/2022 10:38 pm  #6

NeoPrankster wrote:

Will NY and LA each have teams or will it be just AAA markets or even fictional cities?

It is real cities. I cannot say which cities will have teams though.

8/15/2022 1:22 pm  #7

Jayhawk wrote:

NeoPrankster wrote:

It is real cities. I cannot say which cities will have teams though.

Either way, I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

8/20/2022 9:43 pm  #8

BOOM!

The first 8FL has soared into the league. It's the furiously flaming Atlanta Ignite! And they are ready to SCORCH the competition!

Why Ignite?
The name "Ignite" is derived from the Great Atlanta Fire in 1917. The logo depicts a fire bird soaring above. With the main colors of red and yellow they are hot stuff and not to be taken lightly. 

The Ignite will host their home games at the 13,100 Gas South Arena in Duluth. 

8/20/2022 10:09 pm  #9

Nice start Jay. it's a simple design overall. The logo is solid, I think the only thing I may suggest it adding a white stroke on the oval in between the red and the grey. 

As for the Jerseys, first, you might have deleted a point on the side view of the helmet, I don't think it should be that flat, but that's just a template thing. As for the design, I think I would prefer if the team had a little more going on, especially with the logo and name, feels like it needs some flames or at least striping, but on the whole the design is clean and works well, I like the shade of red and gold you used. On a more technical note, I think you need to change the colour of the players' names on the name plate. That grey is not going to be readable on the red uniform, and I think just making it black on the gold jersey is better. 

8/20/2022 10:15 pm  #10

Wallflower wrote:

Nice start Jay. it's a simple design overall. The logo is solid, I think the only thing I may suggest it adding a white stroke on the oval in between the red and the grey. 

As for the Jerseys, first, you might have deleted a point on the side view of the helmet, I don't think it should be that flat, but that's just a template thing. As for the design, I think I would prefer if the team had a little more going on, especially with the logo and name, feels like it needs some flames or at least striping, but on the whole the design is clean and works well, I like the shade of red and gold you used. On a more technical note, I think you need to change the colour of the players' names on the name plate. That grey is not going to be readable on the red uniform, and I think just making it black on the gold jersey is better. 

I agree. The jerseys are very plain. The was sort of the pilot team for the league. The next team's uniforms should be more detailed. As I get more used to using Gravit, the uniforms should come out a bit cleaner.

Board footera