Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/07/2022 8:54 pm  #1

AUNT Alternate Premier League (APL)

Welcome to the AUNT Alternate Premier League!

"What the heck is the AUNT APL!?!?" you say? Go to this topic first for all the details. If you've got a nation and some shiny new soccer clubs, welcome to the show.

This is the official thread for all AUNT APL announcements, designs, and simulated seasons. Some discussion may happen over on the Discord but we will be sure to keep all official stuff here. We also have the official AUNT Google Sheet which has all of the soccer club info on its own tab.

I am spearheading this project along with QCS who is also helping organize and manage it. Feel free to reach out to either of us with questions or comments or to submit information.

On to business!

We currently have 29 nations in the region, many of which have already created soccer clubs based in their cities and have submitted bids for the various tiers. There is still time to join and create clubs to participate in the inaugural tier bid draws. Once those draws are complete, new nations may join at any time and work their way up the tier ladder.

First, submit your club names and information to Steel or QCS if you haven't already.

There are four levels of tiers in the Alternate Soccer System:

Tier 1: Alternate Premier League (APL) (18 teams)
Tier 2: Union Cup League (UCL) (24 teams)
Tier 3: Tomorrow Championship Soccer League (TCSL) (32 teams)
Tier 4: Yesterday Athletics and Soccer Association (YASA) (100+ teams)

Nations are permitted to have a total of (4) clubs per nation and submit (1) Tier 1 bid, (2) Tier 2 bids, and the remaining clubs will automatically go into Tiers 3 or 4. Send in your bid information to Steel or QCS.

I will announce a more specific date for the bid draws but in the meantime, many of us are beginning to work designing our club identities. Feel free to get to work or find someone who can help. I will make a more official designing stage announcement soon.

Happy creating!

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

6/08/2022 4:31 pm  #2

Re: AUNT Alternate Premier League (APL)

Can we define a player as "an individual or group (maintaining contact for the full duration of a match) no less than 50 lbs"? I feel like an even playing field would be met if my teams were allowed 55,000,000 players on the field at one time.... 11 ants feels insufficient.

Last edited by Thehealthiestscratch (6/08/2022 4:31 pm)

6/08/2022 5:00 pm  #3

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Can we define a player as "an individual or group (maintaining contact for the full duration of a match) no less than 50 lbs"? I feel like an even playing field would be met if my teams were allowed 55,000,000 players on the field at one time.... 11 ants feels insufficient.

I think we can allow that.

6/08/2022 5:35 pm  #4

Can the ants come together like micro bots and form the shape of human beings, because I think that would work

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

6/08/2022 7:09 pm  #5

ThisIsFine wrote:

Can the ants come together like micro bots and form the shape of human beings, because I think that would work

Yes, that was actually the implication when I said “maintaining contact”, but our cap is probably 50 lbs so they’d be the size of a toddler.

6/14/2022 8:37 pm  #6

I'm putting out a last call for nations/clubs for the inaugural season of the APL project. If your clubs are entered on the sheet, then they're in already. Send me complete info when you get a chance if they're not filled out already.

New nations are still welcome to join the AUNT, I just need a cap on initial clubs for the APL project. Let me know if there are any questions. I'll be posting announcements about the draft/bid draw and a plan for logo and identity reveals.

6/14/2022 9:57 pm  #7

Steelman wrote:

I'm putting out a last call for nations/clubs for the inaugural season of the APL project. If your clubs are entered on the sheet, then they're in already. Send me complete info when you get a chance if they're not filled out already.

New nations are still welcome to join the AUNT, I just need a cap on initial clubs for the APL project. Let me know if there are any questions. I'll be posting announcements about the draft/bid draw and a plan for logo and identity reveals.

Is it possible to submit one more club?

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

6/14/2022 10:07 pm  #8

FC Macbeth wrote:

Steelman wrote:

Is it possible to submit one more club?

Yeah, it'll be for the fourth tier, but you're free to send in more if you want.

6/16/2022 12:11 am  #9

Do we have to use a certain soccer kit template or any template

6/16/2022 12:36 am  #10

ZO82 wrote:

Do we have to use a certain soccer kit template or any template

No, you're free to use whatever you're comfortable with. There are some templates in the Discord, or other people in the community probably have something if you need it.

Board footera