Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/07/2022 8:35 pm  #1

Welcome to the AUNT World Project

Welcome to the AUNT World Project!

What is this, you ask? Great question. This project was born organically and has grown exponentially in a short amount of time. This projects revolves around world building, which we are doing through NationStates as a way to organize our fictional countries. We have created our own region which was named AUNT, the Alternate Union of Nations of Tomorrow. I have create a large regional map where nations have claimed areas for their nations and chosen names for their cities and local geographic features. Every nation has made their own custom flag and begun building out facts and details about their nations.

We have also created a regional soccer system of leagues with promotion and relegation called the Alternate Soccer System (ASS) with 4 tiers of leagues. Each nation is allowed to create 4 soccer clubs based on their fictional cities and submit bids to join one of the tiers. The top flight tier is called the Alternate Premier League (APL) which we will be focusing on in a separate thread with creating soccer clubs, designing identities, filling out tiers, and simulating seasons utilizing a randomized system to make it more fun.

So we are combining two of our favorite things in world building and sports to turn this into a rather large community project. If you are interested in participating on any level, see the below list:

1. Create a nation on NationStates
2. Join our region on NationStates called AUNT (see pinned topic in this section)
3. Choose an unclaimed region on the Regional Map
4. Choose your nation details such as flags, cities, names, world details, etc (see AUNT Google Sheet)

If you are interested in participating in the soccer project, or other sports:

5. Create/name up to (4) soccer clubs located in cities in your nation
​6. If you are participating in the inaugural bid draw, send your tier bids to Steelman or QCS
7. We will have an inaugural draw/draft once every nation has had a chance to design their top tier logos
8. If you are entering after the inaugural bid draw, you may create your (4) clubs and submit bids into the lowest tier to rise in the ranks

This project has definitely grown organically and bound to change so we will announce things as we go along as things are added. Some users are going for realism in their nations and some are going for comedic or fantasy value. There's no wrong way to participate in this project. It's all for the fun of the community and of course just another excuse to design even more logos.

Please don't hesitate to ask questions or make suggestions. Currently myself and QCS are running this project. We also have a dedicated channel on the AHSylum Discord for this project for discussion and feedback, but we will be posting all important details in this forum.

Happy creating!

AHS Admin. Creator of the THLPUCHWHA: Redux and Retroliga.

6/07/2022 10:42 pm  #2

Re: Welcome to the AUNT World Project

Does this region accept puppet nations?

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

6/07/2022 10:47 pm  #3

FC Macbeth wrote:

I mean, we do have a colony of sentient ants as a nation...

Owner of the AltHL's Alaska Auroras, AltLB's Kansas City Colts, AltFL's Kentucky Stallions,  AltCAA's University of Kansas City Cosmos (2001 Legacy Champions)

6/07/2022 10:49 pm  #4

FC Macbeth wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean by this, but the answer is probably yes!

6/08/2022 12:25 am  #5

Steelman wrote:

FC Macbeth wrote:

What I meant is if this region accepts a country that is officially independent and dependent at the same time (as in, being sorta controlled by a big country.

(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets

6/08/2022 12:32 am  #6

FC Macbeth wrote:

Steelman wrote:

FC Macbeth wrote:

What I meant is if this region accepts a country that is officially independent and dependent at the same time (as in, being sorta controlled by a big country.

Absolutely! That would be a cool dynamic.

Board footera