Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?



5/11/2022 5:52 am  #31


Re: Help With Fictional Colleges

ThisIsFine wrote:

When do you actually need us to start giving name suggestions?

 
I’m thinking after I finish the map so I have all the locations ready.

 

5/11/2022 12:06 pm  #32


Re: Help With Fictional Colleges

Going up north to the Bay (where I lived for my childhood), I love the San Jose representation, but two in the city seems redundant. Same goes for SF, even though I know the city could handle it. I'd take one of the San Jose schools and move them south to Monterey, then move one of the SF schools to Santa Cruz or Half Moon Bay. It would give you more creative flexibility once you get to the identity process. Palo Alto is an odd place, but it would work. Lake Tahoe would be a great place for a school and it would complete a cross the border rivalry. Modesto would also work.

Last edited by Thehealthiestscratch (5/11/2022 12:07 pm)


https://i.imgur.com/v0rLnNd.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/YkYUCCS.jpg
 

5/11/2022 4:32 pm  #33


Re: Help With Fictional Colleges

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Going up north to the Bay (where I lived for my childhood), I love the San Jose representation, but two in the city seems redundant. Same goes for SF, even though I know the city could handle it. I'd take one of the San Jose schools and move them south to Monterey, then move one of the SF schools to Santa Cruz or Half Moon Bay. It would give you more creative flexibility once you get to the identity process. Palo Alto is an odd place, but it would work. Lake Tahoe would be a great place for a school and it would complete a cross the border rivalry. Modesto would also work.

 
This will also be good to keep in mind for locations. Thank you.

     Thread Starter
 

5/11/2022 10:45 pm  #34


Re: Help With Fictional Colleges

Some locations for Oregon (where I currently reside). Definitely one (maybe two) for Portland, maybe one in Salem, Eugene, Bend maybe somewhere in Eastern Oregon, like Pendleton or Ontario.

Last edited by Rugrat (5/11/2022 10:45 pm)


https://i.imgur.com/1CE9zLN.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/FV7qxRo.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/DE9l51q.pnghttps://imgur.com/CnPB2Kd.pnghttps://1.bp.blogspot.com/-rO2lHNCwOQU/YJSIGHOBaSI/AAAAAAAADlM/2z1DSX9npSg20WMzDMKhqMLfmJBEu5qfQCLcBGAsYHQ/s400/Halifax%2BMariners-01.png
https://i.imgur.com/sQuE3v2.png
 
 

5/12/2022 8:48 am  #35


Re: Help With Fictional Colleges

Rugrat wrote:

Some locations for Oregon (where I currently reside). Definitely one (maybe two) for Portland, maybe one in Salem, Eugene, Bend maybe somewhere in Eastern Oregon, like Pendleton or Ontario.

Don't forget Corvalis area. And Beaverton because Nike. 

 

5/12/2022 8:11 pm  #36


Re: Help With Fictional Colleges

I have decided that I will drop the number of schools from 384 to 340-360 because 384 schools is a lot to work with and to make this project a little easier.

     Thread Starter
 

5/28/2022 12:28 pm  #37


Re: Help With Fictional Colleges

After long last, I’ve finished the school locations so the name process can now begin. Any help with that will be great.

     Thread Starter
 

5/28/2022 12:51 pm  #38


Re: Help With Fictional Colleges

Here is a repost of the map link so you don’t have to go to the first page of this thread: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1sPWPF36HrgqqDcr5w6S1a7reEhHt_Ra1&ll=-11.879243343444598%2C-133.48404870000002&z=1

     Thread Starter
 

6/04/2022 3:15 pm  #39


Re: Help With Fictional Colleges

Hello,
So I am having trouble with naming the major school in Chicago and I have a poll that has my ideas. https://vote.pollcode.com/95753357

     Thread Starter
 

6/04/2022 3:25 pm  #40


Re: Help With Fictional Colleges

Timothy_1947 wrote:

Hello,
So I am having trouble with naming the major school in Chicago and I have a poll that has my ideas. https://vote.pollcode.com/95753357

 
Voting for this ends on June 12th.

     Thread Starter
 

Board footera

 

Powered by Boardhost. Create a Free Forum