Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/18/2022 11:53 am  #21

Re: AltLB Season - 2022

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

After a big win over a tough squad of Squirrels, the Las Vegas Atoms welcome the American League to town in the form of ... the Catholic Church? I guess they'll welcome anybody to that young, upstart league. In any case, it seems they're coming off a big win of their own, so we're not about to take them lightly. Well maybe we will be, but only in the sense that we'll be breaking out the home whites for this matchup, appropriately modeled by the Polar Bear himself, Pete Alonso. #UpAndAtom

1. We appreciate you describing the squirrels we gifted your players as "tough". The roster will also find out that they are just as loyal. If only our players were like our complimentary gift squirrels.

2. With all those shotgun weddings Las Vegas is known for, the city should be considered a second home for the church. This duo has the potential to be the 24th friendliest rivalry in the league, only behind the Oakland Squirrels with every team participating in the AltBL.

3. I know it says "Week 2", but my brain wants "Week DoZ" so bad.

Last edited by Thehealthiestscratch (4/18/2022 11:55 am)

4/18/2022 1:04 pm  #22

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

1. We appreciate you describing the squirrels we gifted your players as "tough". The roster will also find out that they are just as loyal. If only our players were like our complimentary gift squirrels.

2. With all those shotgun weddings Las Vegas is known for, the city should be considered a second home for the church. This duo has the potential to be the 24th friendliest rivalry in the league, only behind the Oakland Squirrels with every team participating in the AltBL.

3. I know it says "Week 2", but my brain wants "Week DoZ" so bad.

01. I was talking about the baseball players, although I do appreciate the gift. The lil guys have been a little feisty at times, but the Atoms love 'em and I know every other team will.

02. Who says a wedding has to involve a church? Most weddings 'round these parts are non-denominational and officiated by Elvis impersonators. If anything, I think Catholics are antagonistic to Las Vegas weddings.

03. What's that little 2 doing all by itself? That's "Week 02" to you, my good sir.

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

4/18/2022 2:25 pm  #23

Hey, being at home was fun and all, but it would've been more fun had we won. Stupid, ugly, golden birds. Speaking of birds, we're off to the City that Never Sleeps to face YOUR New York Emperors. Wait. New York, black, yellow, gray. Bunch of copycats. Glad we kicked them out of the Polo Grounds (well before I was alive, I might add). No, we're facing the New York Blackbirds. Either way, we're going to put on our road... tans? Grays? What color even is this? The internet say "Khaki Web"? Well, who am I to argue with the internet! Manny Machado, star third baseman is your model this time, and boy does he look snazzy in these Khaki Web Road uniforms! #WeAreOK

Last edited by Dan O'Mac (4/18/2022 2:31 pm)

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

4/18/2022 8:57 pm  #24

And now, it's time for Power Ranks! Wait a minute, you're not JamHeronArk! You're right. Jam's not doing Power Ranks, so I'm going to. Don't like my rankings? It's Jam's fault for not doing them!

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

4/18/2022 10:49 pm  #25

Not only is Week 2’s matchup the Talons’ first ever game at Hartman Health Field, but they’re also facing off against their national and league rival, the Vancouver Lumberjacks. And since it’s such a special occasion, they will be donning their navy blue alternate uniforms.

CanadianClassic1 #HomeOpener #VANvsTOR #TearEmUp

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

4/19/2022 11:12 am  #26

Dan O'Mac wrote:

And now, it's time for Power Ranks! Wait a minute, you're not JamHeronArk! You're right. Jam's not doing Power Ranks, so I'm going to. Don't like my rankings? It's Jam's fault for not doing them!

Ha! My Squirrel chipped his tooth in this graphic.

4/19/2022 11:18 pm  #27

Thehealthiestscratch wrote:

Dan O'Mac wrote:

Ha! My Squirrel chipped his tooth in this graphic.

Maybe the hugging with the Atoms was too aggressive?

4/23/2022 12:35 pm  #28

On behalf of the Mexico City Jaguars organization we would like to congratulate our star first baseman, Miguel Cabrera on his 3,000th career hit.

And to the rest of our players, lets make this season special for him!

Runs the highly unsuccessful PSC project featuring the Premier Soccer League and National Baseball Federation

4/24/2022 10:22 pm  #29

Wh-what happened? We had 10, and now we have 3. THREE PEOPLE! 

- ANDY! and Steelman were eliminated when... no one was picked.
- NoE38 was eliminated with the Bats win over the Pros.
- QCS was knocked out when the Deacons beat the Atoms.
- Scratch is done for the season when the Griffins were beaten by the Firebirds.
- Stickman is out when his own Blackbirds took the loss against the Bison.
- and ThisIsFine sees his knockout come to an end when the Kings beat the Condors.

Meanwhile, on the other side,
- Dan O'Mac moves on with the Condors loss to the Kings.
- both Darknes and Jam will get to see Week 3 with the Sidewinders loss to the Colts.

Now, for the three of us remaining... MAKE YOUR PICK!

4/25/2022 11:21 am  #30

Well, in the classic battle between church and state (of matter), the Deacons pulled out a narrow win, leaving the Atoms at 01-01. No matter! Actually, yes matter. But wait, it doesn't matter? I'm confused. What I do know is that we hit the road for the first time this week, heading all the way to New York City to take on the Blackbirds. We're breaking out the road grays this week (thanks to Joe Musgrove for lending his jersey for this graphic), but I figure if we let the team hang out in Times Square for a bit they should feel right at home. #UpAndAtom

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

Board footera