Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/08/2021 11:00 pm  #31

Re: AltCAA Legacy Project

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5oC2_IAMWv8

EMAW will be flying high! The Wichita A&M 29ers will become the Kansas State Wildcats!!

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

11/08/2021 11:36 pm  #32

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

8 November 2021

An As-of-Yet Undisclosed Location. Look I Want to Build Some Suspense Here - Igneus D. McQueen has found himself in an unfamiliar situation. He's familiar with unfamiliar situations, but usually, he gets into them of his own accord. Now, he's woken up in a different office than he fell asleep in - somewhat similar, as it resembled his own office as the Athletic Director of Johns Island University - but not the same.

This office is different, and yet, his name is still on the door. The colors aren't right, but weirdly, the trophy case looks oddly similar, especially during the period of 1995-2015. Indeed, it seems that the records from those exact years match up with the last 21 years of JIU football perfectly. Suspicious indeed.

McQueen might have been a lot of places, but an alternate universe isn't one of them. Still, somehow, that was the only option. But where was he? Only one thing to do now.

McQueen walked out to the football field. Looking around, taking in the logo at midfield, the scoreboard at one end, and all the seats around him, he felt like he belonged, even if he very explicitly didn't. He smiled, and said two simple words:

"Go Cocks."

[url=ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=23]National Dashball League[/url] || [url=boards.sportslogos.net/topic/119263-r/]US Quadball Redesign[/url]

11/09/2021 1:04 am  #33

*From the desk of the athletic director, Semiahmoo University, Surrey, BC*

Semiahmoo = Washington State. That’s it. That’s the post. Ok, time for me to go to bed.

Inmate of the AHSylum
Athletic Director, Semiahmoo University

11/09/2021 6:37 am  #34

For Immediate Release

Grand Rapids, Michigan

From the newly renamed Michigan Colligate Institute, College President Stickman made his intention known who his favorite college was and who's history he'd have loved his school to have had.   "LSU" he said, noting that he had to pick a school nobody else had.   For some reason, someone had already picked LSU, but choose to pick a different school instead.   For Stickman, he's happy to take one other person's trash.

Stickman (who's backstory is a doozy even amongst Stickmen), a kindly man who's soft-hearted approach to discipline has lead to him looking the other way several times during controversies, ("Kids will be Kids" he famously stated after his college football team got into hot water for vandalizing another schools' founders' statue- which involved a Hawaiian shirt, lipstick, and for some reason an inebriated sailor.  The students were not punished by the school, as it was proven they didn't actually hurt the sailor but instead just found him and used his drunk body for a prank, though the AltCAA did suspend the school from bowl games that year over the incident).   

In truth, he just sees the good in his students and like an enabling parent with good intentions, just refuses to think his students could be little jerks after all.    Thankfully, he at least is fair with this lack of discipline approach, treating even his math majors the same way as his football stars, (not so fortunate is that the math majors are jerks too and play pranks as well, knowing the school won't notify their mothers of their naughtiness).  

But yeah, LSU is the pick.

Last edited by Stickman (11/09/2021 4:06 pm)

11/09/2021 12:39 pm  #35

For Immediate Release
Quebec City, QC
Nov. 9, 2021 

Today at a press conference on the campus of Saint-Laurent University, KF11, the mysterious owner of KF11 inc. and athletic director of the school announced which football program the school would be associated with. On a table in the press conference room sat three hats representing his top 3 targets: Boston College, Cal-Berkeley, and UCLA. KF11 would hover his hand over all three before taking the BC hat and putting it on his head, and saying, "Boston College has always been my target, and I am proud to be associated with them."

In short, the Saint-Laurent Patriotes will be taking the 1995-2015 history of the Boston College Eagles.

11/09/2021 5:02 pm  #36

For Immediate Release
Glenview, Illinois

Just because nobody has chosen it yet, Asnerbrook chooses Clemson.

11/09/2021 5:11 pm  #37

Topolino wrote:

For Immediate Release
Glenview, Illinois

Yeah, that's good, but it's not your turn to pick yet, so it doesn't count

11/09/2021 5:12 pm  #38

Topolino wrote:

For Immediate Release
Glenview, Illinois

(I'm just thinking about historical references) if Asnerbrook's 5th and last college title was in 1966, wouldn't it make more sense to be someone like Minnesota? It seems like that program's trajectory makes a bit more sense for what story you were trying to tell, although I 100% understand wanting to be a successful football team during the legacy project.

I  l I K E  t H I S

11/09/2021 5:14 pm  #39

Topolino wrote:

For Immediate Release
Glenview, Illinois

Jumping the gun there a bit, slick. You pick 34th.

Charlotte Racers (2016 AltHL Champions) St. Louis Explorers (2000 & 2011 AltBowl Champions) Minnesota Giants (2000, 2004, 2006 & 2014 AltBA Champions)
"The prosecution is ready, Your Honor. That is a pepper, of course."

11/09/2021 5:15 pm  #40

ProsecutorMilesEdgeworth wrote:

Topolino wrote:

For Immediate Release
Glenview, Illinois

Jumping the gun there a bit, slick. You pick 34th.

BUT! You do pick first when we do basketball in March!

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

Board footera