Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?



11/07/2021 11:45 pm  #111


Re: It's College Game Day!

Topolino wrote:

The Black Swans Game
Arguably the most memorable game in the history of Asnerbrook football, involved religion. A year after Sandy Koufax famously refused to play on Yom Kippur in Game 1 of the World Series, a Jewish player on the Asnerbrook Swans, Running back Wrence Arnatoveis, decided to play on Yom Kippur, and it paid off as he Scored 5 touchdowns in a 44-12 Beatdown of GLBSU in September 24, 1966. “Rocket” as Arnatoveis was known, later admitted to taking bribes from his fraternity brothers to play in the game. The Jersey he wore that day now hangs in the Phi Kappa Psi fraternity house on campus. One of his Phi Psi fraternity brothers, Antonio Reynos, later investigated if his claims were true, and he was wrong. As for Arnatoveis, his play that day helped him become the first Jewish Heisman Trophy winner that year, and the swans won their fifth and most recent football national Championship.

This feels close to Minnesota! Is Asnerbrook meant to be rivals with Great Lakes Bay, because their historical reference is a MAC school?

Last edited by H-Town1141 (11/07/2021 11:46 pm)


I  l I K E  t H I S
 

11/09/2021 8:25 am  #112


Re: It's College Game Day!

Just an FYI, in 1966 Bay State was MCI-Saginaw. They separated from MCI in 1990. Just thought I'd let you know so you can make your story even better

Last edited by ANDY! (11/09/2021 4:49 pm)


https://i.imgur.com/U2mJl53.png
 
 

11/12/2021 7:44 am  #113


Re: It's College Game Day!

I think it's a good time to post this story about the history of Victoria International College:

In 1894, a small humble college was built near the shores of Vancouver Island, simply called Queen Victoria College. As the name suggests, it was meant for residents of Victoria, BC who want to pursue higher education while feeling close to the heart of their hometown. Back then, there were only a few hundred students who went to Queen Victoria College to further their studies, and only a few of them became alumni after so many of them drop out. The reason? Poor facilities, little choice of courses and lack of experienced lecturers and the college's management. The only reason why it stayed up so long was because of its affiliation with the Vancouver College Institute, which supported them during its low-profile years.

That all changed 60 years later. A new principal by the name of Dean Frederickson decided that a major overhaul was needed to take Queen Victoria College to newer heights. He worked closely with their affiliate the Vancouver College Institute and the town government of Victoria. Amongst all improvements included:

1. Restructuring of staff management to eliminate complications with the system
2. Bringing in state of the art technology to enhance learning
3. Promoting creativity and learning skills for everyone
4. Hiring more-experienced lecturers via job recruitment from his team of employers

The overhaul took two years to improve, but it eventually paid off. The number of students enrolling for Queen Victoria College sharply rose from 250 to 2250 as the 60s was approaching. Frederickson was notably praised for his determination to turn a tiny derelict institution into a moderately successful university popular amongst residents of Victoria and the Pacific Northwest area in America. This also brings an influx of students from around the world, with those mainly from East Asia and Southeast Asia. It's what transitioned into an international college from just a local college as the name was later changed into the now current Victoria International College (dropping the 'Queen' part and adding the 'International' name in).

Nowadays, Victoria International College is known for producing some talented personnel in the music and film industry, including their own idol group which is known to be 'secondary mascots' to the team, and a film production that mostly produces promotional videos to hype up every season.


https://i.imgur.com/i8rODj2.png
https://i.imgur.com/GOTADLc.png
(Formerly) Owner of the Quebec Owls of the AtlHL
Now Athletic Director of the Victoria International College Clarets
 

11/12/2021 3:07 pm  #114


Re: It's College Game Day!

Here's the backstory for Chula Vista University:

In 1967, a retired newspaper cartoonist decided to form a school solely dedicated to the oft misunderstood artform of not only newspaper comic strips, but also comic books. Originally known as the Chula Vista School of Cartoon and Graphic Art, the institution merged with an engineering trade school to form Chula Vista University in 1981.

In the 40 years since the merger, CVU still attracts those looking to hone their craft in the field of sequential art. Meanwhile, CVU has since expanded to offer programs in 2D and 3D animation. Many CVU alumni have gone on to independently self-publish their own comic books while others have found work at Marvel, Disney, Pixar, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon and Netflix.

The first season of college football at CVU began in 1983 in Division III. Originally known as the Mermaids for women's teams and Mermen for men's teams, the athletic department rebranded in 1998 under the Merfolk name in order to be more gender inclusive. Peter Poseidon, the official mascot, was introduced at a football game in 1985.

Most CVU football home games are played in the afternoon to avoid directly competing with nearby San Diego State University, who play their home games at night.

In the final home game of the 1997 football season, CVU began a rather unusual tradition. Each CVU touchdown is now celebrated with a recording of a Kahlenberg Q4 horn, followed by the chorus/hook from the Backstreet Boys' song "We've Got it Goin' On." This came about because CVU athletics did not have an official fight song until the 2002 season, having opted instead to use licensed music to pump up the student section in the years prior. This tradition has been interrupted only twice; the first time being the first home game after September 11th in which no music was used after touchdowns, the second time coming in 2020 when the coronavirus pandemic prevented fans from attending home games in a shortened season.

https://i.imgur.com/PbIUKA2.png

 

11/12/2021 3:23 pm  #115


Re: It's College Game Day!

I feel that your numbers are too small.


https://i.imgur.com/mhlsfy4.png
https://i.imgur.com/hxWCk6p.png
 

11/12/2021 3:47 pm  #116


Re: It's College Game Day!

Central Arizona's Backstory

In 1926, a tiny college named Mesa A&M university was opened with just only about 1,000 students in it's first year, all coming from Mesa and surrounding areas. The school was just a blimp on the radar for about a decade before the state government stepped in and started funding the school. In 1939, the school changed it's name to Central Arizona to reflect what part of the state it was located in. The schools top programs have always been Nature related studies like geology. The school also has a pretty good acting program and has produced many A-list Hollywood actors. 

The schools mascot from 1926 to 1953 was Cacti after the plant native to Arizona but after a new school president took office he wanted something more aggressive that would be feared by opponents, and on January 1, 1954, Javalinas, which won a student fan vote, was named the schools new mascot. 

The first season of college football for CAU was when they will still known as Mesa A&M in 1932. The school originally played at a nearby high school stadium until 1947 when Burns Stadium, named after the school's founder who died during the stadiums construction, opened to the public where the Javalinas have played ever since. The school mascot, Javier the Javalina, first burst onto the scene in 1982 and a female counterpart, Jenny the Javalina, was introduced in 2006 for Women's sports. The school had a live Javalina until 1987 when students from rival Arizona College stole it and this started a tradition between the two schools, if CAU wins their football game, they get the Javalina back, but if Arizona College wins, they keep the Javalina. 

Central Arizona is unique as they do not have a school fight song, instead choosing to play licensed music during games to hype up students, similar to Chula Vista. The most popular songs heard are "Numb" by Linkin Park (Chester Bennington, the bands lead singer is a Phoenix Area native, R.I.P.) and "Another one bites the dust" by Queen (heard primary after wins, to say another school bit our dust). 


https://i.imgur.com/1CE9zLN.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/FV7qxRo.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/DE9l51q.pnghttps://imgur.com/CnPB2Kd.pnghttps://1.bp.blogspot.com/-rO2lHNCwOQU/YJSIGHOBaSI/AAAAAAAADlM/2z1DSX9npSg20WMzDMKhqMLfmJBEu5qfQCLcBGAsYHQ/s400/Halifax%2BMariners-01.png
https://i.imgur.com/sQuE3v2.png
 
 

11/12/2021 4:30 pm  #117


Re: It's College Game Day!

NeoPrankster wrote:

Here's the backstory for Chula Vista University:

In 1967, a retired newspaper cartoonist decided to form a school solely dedicated to the oft misunderstood artform of not only newspaper comic strips, but also comic books. Originally known as the Chula Vista School of Cartoon and Graphic Art, the institution merged with an engineering trade school to form Chula Vista University in 1981.

In the 40 years since the merger, CVU still attracts those looking to hone their craft in the field of sequential art. Meanwhile, CVU has since expanded to offer programs in 2D and 3D animation. Many CVU alumni have gone on to independently self-publish their own comic books while others have found work at Marvel, Disney, Pixar, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon and Netflix.

The first season of college football at CVU began in 1983 in Division III. Originally known as the Mermaids for women's teams and Mermen for men's teams, the athletic department rebranded in 1998 under the Merfolk name in order to be more gender inclusive. Peter Poseidon, the official mascot, was introduced at a football game in 1985.

Most CVU football home games are played in the afternoon to avoid directly competing with nearby San Diego State University, who play their home games at night.

In the final home game of the 1997 football season, CVU began a rather unusual tradition. Each CVU touchdown is now celebrated with a recording of a Kahlenberg Q4 horn, followed by the chorus/hook from the Backstreet Boys' song "We've Got it Goin' On." This came about because CVU athletics did not have an official fight song until the 2002 season, having opted instead to use licensed music to pump up the student section in the years prior. This tradition has been interrupted only twice; the first time being the first home game after September 11th in which no music was used after touchdowns, the second time coming in 2020 when the coronavirus pandemic prevented fans from attending home games in a shortened season.

https://i.imgur.com/PbIUKA2.png

 
That striping is very pretty, surprised it didn’t make it onto the helmet/pants as well!

 

11/12/2021 4:38 pm  #118


Re: It's College Game Day!

Rugrat wrote:

Central Arizona is unique as they do not have a school fight song, instead choosing to play licensed music during games to hype up students, similar to Chula Vista.

johns island is unique in that they are located in one of the carolinas, similar to charlotte and piedmont state

 

11/12/2021 5:36 pm  #119


Re: It's College Game Day!

https://i.imgur.com/R2jqmO5.png
https://i.imgur.com/Tl8b9D4.png
https://i.imgur.com/GDXWlLL.png

 

11/12/2021 10:00 pm  #120


Re: It's College Game Day!

mf aint wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/R2jqmO5.png
https://i.imgur.com/Tl8b9D4.png
https://i.imgur.com/GDXWlLL.png

Give me edgy, disgusting piping, third-eye throwback or give me death... or innocent, all-American Disney dog throwback. To summarize,
1. late 90s / early 00s greasy slime
2. Apple pie / white picket fence / communist clobbering classic look that rips hard off a beloved Disney character.
3. Death

Last edited by Thehealthiestscratch (11/12/2021 10:01 pm)


https://i.imgur.com/v0rLnNd.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/YkYUCCS.jpg
 

Board footera

 

Powered by Boardhost. Create a Free Forum