Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/11/2021 8:39 pm  #81

Re: AltLB Design Thread

CubsOrSox, I'm sure you're fine. As for the waiting, Gritty's been on a well-deserved vacation and should hopefully be returning to post soon. I know we've been anxiously waiting for the names, but please wait just a little more!

8/11/2021 8:49 pm  #82

Ok, thanks. Excited for the names! Also glad of the break, so I have some time to come up with names, like what CodeG said.

8/12/2021 12:33 pm  #83

Thank you all for the patience. I was away on business this week and couldn't left the non-work computer at home. But we are back and ready to keep going. We are going to start the group 1 finals today. I will compile the submissions for group 2 and post those tomorrow morning. The finals will last for a couple of days. Make sure you include your AHS handle when you submit. You can only vote once. Some pretty interesting names here. 

In other Alt Sports news we will be doing keepers and setting up a fantasy draft date this weekend. There is nothing you have to do yet but just be on the look out this weekend. Anyway, on with the first finals! 

https://forms.gle/ZfPegUQjBRaUyof77

8/12/2021 12:40 pm  #84

One of my nominations made it to the finals! 

Which one, I will not say yet...but I do like its chances.

8/12/2021 12:50 pm  #85

Some great options. I am surprised with what we have for Detroit, I was expecting the automotive themed names to do well, even if I preferred we didn't go that route.

I'm glad New York has a high chance of a bird team name, with two of them lending themselves to the black/yellow/gray scheme two of the existing teams have.

I really like how varied the options are for Boston and Philadelphia.

Chicago has the weakest of the name options available, but I'm sure the identity will make whatever name wins look stellar.

2x Alt Champion :: AltLB Champion Oklahoma City Bison - 2022 :: AltFL Champion New York Emperors - 2022

8/12/2021 1:40 pm  #86

Wow, definitely some fun names to pick from, (somehow got 3 of my choices in the finals, this of course means none will win, lmao!).

Chicago has some interesting options, not sure if I'd have expected any of these to make the finals, but I do think a couple of those would make for some great choices!

As a Michigan resident, of course I'll be watching Detroit really closely, I am liking the potential I'm seeing.  Honestly, any of these could result in an excellent identity!

I think Philadelphia is already guaranteed its best name yet, really don't see any duds with this one!

The bird theme was really popular with New York it seems, (not to sway things, but if Canaries won, you could say we got Big Bird in the Big Apple, lol!)

Really happy with the variety that Boston got for name choices, some real fun surprises there!

Last edited by Stickman (8/12/2021 1:41 pm)

8/12/2021 2:36 pm  #87

About time! I feel like Boston definitely has the strongest options out of these!

Inmate and Official Riot Provoker of the AHSylum

8/12/2021 2:43 pm  #88

Too many damn birds.

I  l I K E  t H I S

8/12/2021 3:35 pm  #89

No Boston Sox Sox or Philadelphia Philly Sox. Disappointed. 

(not really, its really neat to see what other peoples opinions for names are)

Runs the highly unsuccessful PSC project featuring the Premier Soccer League and National Baseball Federation

8/12/2021 5:42 pm  #90

Some nice names, New York though….

Board footera