Alternate History Sports

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?



8/06/2021 8:00 pm  #51


Re: AltLB Design Thread

Gritty, can you please bring back the XFL style name intros for the AltLB? Those were very fun.

 

8/06/2021 8:57 pm  #52


Re: AltLB Design Thread

The new way of submitting team name suggestions is a great idea. I found myself trying to walk the line between what I thought would be winning name suggestions (that would make sense to suggest so I could get name points) versus going with more unique ideas that others may not have. I'm assuming that credit for names may be given to multiple users with this new structure?

 

8/06/2021 9:12 pm  #53


Re: AltLB Design Thread

Megildur wrote:

The new way of submitting team name suggestions is a great idea. I found myself trying to walk the line between what I thought would be winning name suggestions (that would make sense to suggest so I could get name points) versus going with more unique ideas that others may not have. I'm assuming that credit for names may be given to multiple users with this new structure?

 
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. Will we be allowed to change our submission if we submit a duplicate name, and if there is one, do both descriptions get added? Do both users get points? Not super important in the grand scheme of things (and I doubt I've copied anyone with my names in this round) but something I've been thinking about nonetheless.

 

8/06/2021 9:54 pm  #54


Re: AltLB Design Thread

Gotta say, if it comes to it, I would love to own Havanna, Just a question though, is this world Cuba still Communist? Or has capitalism taken over? Just wondering.


Owner of the Texas Jackalopes 
2008-2009 AltBA Champions
 

8/06/2021 10:10 pm  #55


Re: AltLB Design Thread

Enigmajones wrote:

Gotta say, if it comes to it, I would love to own Havanna, Just a question though, is this world Cuba still Communist? Or has capitalism taken over? Just wondering.

I was thinking this. Havana expansion would be a nightmare to sort out IRL


https://i.imgur.com/FyocvWw.png
 

8/06/2021 10:39 pm  #56


Re: AltLB Design Thread

CCLXXXVII wrote:

Enigmajones wrote:

Gotta say, if it comes to it, I would love to own Havanna, Just a question though, is this world Cuba still Communist? Or has capitalism taken over? Just wondering.

I was thinking this. Havana expansion would be a nightmare to sort out IRL

AltHL, AltFL, AltBA, AltLB... next up, AltUN?

 

8/06/2021 10:50 pm  #57


Re: AltLB Design Thread

Enigmajones wrote:

Gotta say, if it comes to it, I would love to own Havanna, Just a question though, is this world Cuba still Communist? Or has capitalism taken over? Just wondering.

 
who knows? maybe america's communist in this universe

 

8/07/2021 6:44 am  #58


Re: AltLB Design Thread

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

Enigmajones wrote:

Gotta say, if it comes to it, I would love to own Havanna, Just a question though, is this world Cuba still Communist? Or has capitalism taken over? Just wondering.

 
who knows? maybe america's communist in this universe

They'd more likely be in a socialism system given the trends of what some people want.
 


https://i.imgur.com/4RK8hxz.png
https://i.imgur.com/usrguQ6.png
https://i.imgur.com/VDszLQZ.png
https://i.imgur.com/QccrpJP.png
 

8/07/2021 8:49 am  #59


Re: AltLB Design Thread

Stickman wrote:

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

Enigmajones wrote:

Gotta say, if it comes to it, I would love to own Havanna, Just a question though, is this world Cuba still Communist? Or has capitalism taken over? Just wondering.

 
who knows? maybe america's communist in this universe

They'd more likely be in a socialism system given the trends of what some people want.
 

That still begs the question of whether or not the Spanish-American War still happened


https://i.imgur.com/FyocvWw.png
 

8/07/2021 10:35 am  #60


Re: AltLB Design Thread

ItDoesntMatter wrote:

Megildur wrote:

The new way of submitting team name suggestions is a great idea. I found myself trying to walk the line between what I thought would be winning name suggestions (that would make sense to suggest so I could get name points) versus going with more unique ideas that others may not have. I'm assuming that credit for names may be given to multiple users with this new structure?

 
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. Will we be allowed to change our submission if we submit a duplicate name, and if there is one, do both descriptions get added? Do both users get points? Not super important in the grand scheme of things (and I doubt I've copied anyone with my names in this round) but something I've been thinking about nonetheless.

I know IDM has seen this because he's on the Discord server, but Gritty answered this question, so I'm posting it here for those who haven't become an inmate. Gritty has said that people will share points if they submit the same name and it wins.

As for Cuba - with the embargo being lifted, perhaps a team isn't as unlikely as we think? Either way, I don't think the political structure of Cuba matters much here. 

Stickman wrote:

LMAO, now I kinda wish that Charlotte had gotten a team, just to hear you crap on Raleigh all the time!  That'd be a fun rivalry!  

Everybody got a geographic rival but Raleigh :/


https://i.imgur.com/a7zw09T.png
https://i.imgur.com/5HsbtQJ.png
 

Board footera

 

Powered by Boardhost. Create a Free Forum